[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Leica any good for video?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

Is Leica any good for video?
>>
lmfao
>>
>>3028028
yes, the new M10 shoots in 4k
>>
File: D3S_0517-1200.jpg (251KB, 1200x858px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_0517-1200.jpg
251KB, 1200x858px
>>3028031
>>3028034
Some of them do shoot video you cunts, see M240.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3028037
my phone shoots video too
>>
>>3028028
>Is Leica any good

, he asked.
>>
>>3028043
>>3028039
Is this really comparable to smartphone video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBFY8LKs4KM

I just want a good compact system that does well in video but isn't limited to that like the Blackmagic Pocket, and since everyone praises Leica for being god-tier for standard photography I couldn't help but wonder if they also had some versability for video. No need to be so arrogant.
>>
They make great cine lenses.
>>
>>3028044 #
>he fell for the "Leica is god-tier" meme
Don't fool yourself anon, Leica is utter shit. They're only popular because the old ones are rare and have an elegant design which makes them desirable for collectors (even if a Soviet FED copy looks exactly the same and performs significantly better for far less) and they're still only being made because there are enough hipsters around desperately trying to look vintage to the point when they're willing to pay 20 times more than what they would pay for an EOS with similar or superior image quality just for the sake of claiming they're into "retro photography".

Leica is the Apple of camera manufacturers, essentially.
>>
>>3028055
>Leica is the Apple of camera manufacturers, essentially.
That's a pretty good way of putting it desu, good design and strong marketing for hipsters and old people who don't know better but utterly irrelevant for someone who actually does photography.
>>
>>3028060

Then why is Sony desperately copying them?
>>
>>3028051
This. But no point in talking about something so absurdly expensive.

If you want an actual stills-style camera for video, go for a GH5.
>>
File: _0015594.jpg (197KB, 1049x894px) Image search: [Google]
_0015594.jpg
197KB, 1049x894px
>>3028028
I use Leica lenses on my A6000 for video all the time. they have a real nice and smooth focus pull and the finger notch is perfect

Equipment MakeRICOH
Camera ModelGXR S10
Camera SoftwareGXR Firmware
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.4
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:02:24 10:34:42
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/4.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/4.4
Brightness1.6 EV
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length15.30 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1280
Image Height960
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3028055
>even if a Soviet FED copy looks exactly the same and performs significantly better for far less

Wow.
>>
Leica is a great brand and no its not the apple of cameras. Actually cameras have.nothing to do with cpmputers... the leica is.so expensive because its only made from high quality materials and manufactured in germany. The main reason to buy a leica.is.because of the great look of the images. Modern leicas use a ccd instead of a cmos which gives a better look in my opinion . And the lenses are great.
>>
>>3028131
>manufactured in germany
this is a good point, workers get a good wage while canikon manufactures their cameras in China / Thailand and pay employees slave wages
>>
>>3028131
>>3028143
Some of them are also manufactured in Portugal IIRC.
>>
>>3028131
>and manufactured in germany.
lol
Again, some cuck falling for company PR and marketing.

>made in germany
is worthless.
like "swiss made", it's an old con.

How much of those precious "made in germany" leica's are made in Portugal, the closest to the third world you can get (labor price wise) and still call yourself (western) Europe, and then shipped to Germany for final assembly?

Is it still "made in germany"?
By law, that passes.
But it isn't really, is it?

Made in shouldn't ultimately matter, the end product, and it's end quality (at which leica's good at) should be the final qualifier.

But people make this shit matter.
Don't let "made in" determine the end product.
It's pretty much meaningless today in so many industries.
>>
File: 1483650860483.png (342KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1483650860483.png
342KB, 394x394px
>>3028131
>The main reason to buy a leica.is.because of the great look of the images.
>>
>>3028174
>Portugal, the closest to the third world you can get
Portugalfag here, fuck off. As much as I dislike my own country, our living standards are certainly nowhere near third world.

Although I do agree that Leica is an overpriced PR-coated joke, which is a pity because a lot of people around here fall for the "national product" marketing and waste thousands on rubbish cameras.
>>
Leica SL for the camera and thats it.
Leica R are very popular on the RedUser forums as cine lenses
>>
leica has one of the most unique looks
>>
Leica has a very nice medium format cameras. Even former Russian president has one, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't use something inferior for shooting.
>>
File: Photo Jun 01, 11 55 17 PM.jpg (48KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Photo Jun 01, 11 55 17 PM.jpg
48KB, 480x640px
>>3028131
kys

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width480
Image Height640
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.