[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4x5 Camera Anime Convention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: camera.jpg (128KB, 661x448px) Image search: [Google]
camera.jpg
128KB, 661x448px
How autistic and or kino would it be to take a 4x5 camera to an anime convention?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2009:11:08 15:41:28
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width710
Image Height510
>>
Not at all. Make part of a costume?
>>
>>3027552
Seems like it would be rough getting a subject to hold still long enough to compose and focus in such a situation.
>>
>>3027554
>Ilford HP5+
>Shoot at ISO 1600

Done deal
>>
File: lol.png (699KB, 563x868px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
699KB, 563x868px
>>3027552
Depends on if you can actually use the camera without shitting your pants.
>>
I saw a dude at AFO doing shoots with a Mamiya 7. That's probably as large as I'd go unless you're going to be using something like a Graflex or Mamiya/Polaroid Press.
>>
>>3027567
>Completely missed her face
How much do you think he lost by paying her?
>>
>>3027552
even considering going to an anime con is serious autism
>>
>>3027653
Where do you think we are?
>>
With a view camera it's full blown autism+aspergers

With a Speed Graphic it can be cosplay if you dress like a 50's press photographer.
>>
>>3027673

why is a view camera autistic?
>>
>>3027682

If it's used at an anime con to do portraits.

Have you ever shot portraits on LF? It takes a lot of time to set up and the model has to hold perfectly still to stay in the plane of focus.

I mean it's doable but you're talking about teenie-boppers amped up on caffeinated beverages. Prove me wrong, use a view camera there and do awesome stuff with it. The press camera will be much easier and faster to set up.
>>
>>3027690
>tape pocket wizard to lens board
>take portraits in quiet location
>pre-meter and know your settings
>give 2nd pocket wizard and light to assistant
>make them stand outside of frame
>invite qt 3.14 over for a portrait
>explain she needs to stay relatively still in pose
>focus
>close shutter
>put film holder in
>remove slide
>depress shutter
>watch as lighting goes off
>replace darkslide
>shake the models hand, give her your card and thank her
E Z. Just because you don't have the capacity to do portraits on location doesn't necessarily mean that others do not have the capacity.

>Prove me wrong, use a view camera there and do awesome stuff with it.
Here's a start, why don't YOU start doing awesome stuff with your view camera sugar? Where are all the pictures?
Put out or fuck off.
>>
>>3027552
Autistic as fuck unless you are cosplaying as a 19th century photographer or doing serious portraiture work.

Why don't you use a MF camera? 6x6 is plenty
>>
>>3027660
a photography message board
just because /a/ exists doesnt mean i have to visit it
>>
>>3027690

Have you ever shot portraits on Lf?
>>
>>3027721

knew that was coming

nope

>Me
>Actually being good enough to warrant use of my LF cam and posting pics

You're asking for way too much.
>>
>>3027552
If you cosplay as an old-time photographer it will be quite appropriate.
>>
This thread reminds me of something, How can I do up skirt shots with a large format camera.
>>
>>3027716
/a/ hates cons anyway
>>
>>3027552
4x5 can never be anything but autistic.
>>
File: 1x1upset.jpg (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1x1upset.jpg
1MB, 1080x1080px
>>3028148

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:01:10 18:58:14
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1080
Image Height1080
>>
>>3027552
It's not that crazy of an idea. I saw a guy Carrying on at san diego comic con. I shot a 500cm there.
>>
>>3027616
He probably didn't pay her, she loves the attention.
>>
>>3027690
it really doesn't.
yeah if you're working in a studio or something with barely any light its important for a still subject, but outdoors it usually takes me about a minute to setup a shot if I'm quick about metering and shit.

its not like you're doing anything longer than maybe a couple seconds exposure if you're using a conventional 4x5, the subject only has to sit still for that brief moment.
>>
>>3027567
>That photo
Acurate representation of shooting film in Digital era.
>>
>>3027567
>>3029600
>garbage lighting
>face in shadow, zone 4
>whites in costume are not white
>not shooting portra 400 at 200

Acurate representation of not going the extra mile, and/or not knowing what he's doing. Most likely just lacks experience.

>Learning what is good photography from flick/500px/instagram/facebook/"proffessional" photographers
Art history.
Are there free community college courses in this?
>>
>>3029605
There's no point in going an extra mile when you're litterally stepped off the edge of a cliff.
Person bothered to suck not just with a camera, but a film mf camera. Asians in other thread are killing themselves for better pictures than that. ASIANS for god sake!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.