[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is x mount dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

Fuji are now making lenses for Sony, is this a sign that Fuji have officially given up?
>>
File: giantandtiny.jpg (70KB, 640x460px) Image search: [Google]
giantandtiny.jpg
70KB, 640x460px
you realize they've made tons of various cine and broadcast lenses for lots of different applications for a really long time now, right?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:06:02 13:40:58
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width640
Image Height460
>>
File: Fuji-X-Mount-Lens-Roadmap-2018.png (141KB, 976x1337px) Image search: [Google]
Fuji-X-Mount-Lens-Roadmap-2018.png
141KB, 976x1337px
>>3026744
It's even worse than that, they've released the 2018 roadmap and it's awful.

>>3026747
These new releases are in the consumer price range, aimed at hobbyists. Very different to the pro broadcast product market.

They're trying to merge into sony, I wouldn't be surprised if e mount goes open source, olympus already have a patent on a ff e mount lens.
>>
>>3026744
>is this a sign
I think it's a sign that Soneh aren't serving the dumb fuckers that bought into their shitty system
>>
>>3026753
>sony aren't serving their customers
>more than 20 lenses landed last year for e mount, 6 of them sony, estimated 30 releases this year.
>fuji are getting 5 lenses over 2 years and they're also being made in sony mount

It's over senpai.
>>
>>3026751
fake news
>>
>>3026751
>These new releases are in the consumer price range, aimed at hobbyists

$3800 cine lenses are not aimed at hobbyists, you fucking tool
>>
>>3026761
What's fake?

>>3026762
That's hobbyist price for videography, a normal cine lens with these specs is at least 5 times the price, even samyangs cine lenses are $2k each.
>>
>>3026761
What's fake?

>>3026762
That's hobbyist price for videography, a normal cine lens with these specs is at least 5 times the price, even samyangs cine lenses are $2k each.
>>
>>3026761
What's fake?

>>3026762
That's hobbyist price for videography, a normal cine lens with these specs is at least 5 times the price, even samyangs cheap cine prime lenses are $2k each.
>>
It's a nice troll meme but if you believe it then you're stupid.

The lenses are obviously designed for Sony's "consumer" cine E-Mount camcorders.

The cine market is projected to have strong growth which is why fucking everyone is making cine lenses atm. Fujifilm obviously have the know how, the Sony cine cams are extremely popular yet they have no real quality E-Mount cine lens options in this price range, people with FS7's aren't buying Cooke, Zeiss or even Canon cine lenses.

Sony has the camcorders and 1 shithouse cine lens, the other option is fucking Samyang.

These Fujinons are going to be another financial win for Fujifilm.

I'm a Sony fanboy by the way.
>>
>>3026744

For x-mount to die, it would have had to have been alive at one point.

Fuji is currently discounting the fuck out of everything x-mount because otherwise it wont sell.
>>
>>3026771
in your dreams fag. Canon is doing constant cashbacks on everything. You think they are dying?
>>
>>3026770
Sigma and others also have E-mount cine lenses and your discounting brands is quite random.
>>
>>3026770
>sony have no cine lenses.

Over 50 in native e-mount here man http://briansmith.com/ultimate-guide-to-sony-e-mount-video-and-cine-lenses/

Or in other words, they have the largest lineup of cine lenses outside of PL.

>>3026772
Are Canon dying? probably not, are they having to undercut the competition to make up for massively under performing compared to the competition? probably.
>>
>>3026744
I work for a major european retailer and we haven't renewed our contract with fuji for next year, not sure on specifics but the x mount stuff will be completely gone within 24 months.
>>
>>3026791
post your work ID with credentials covered or suck a pistol
>>
>>3026780
Everyones doing cashbacks, even Sony, you retard.
>>3026791
>we haven't renewed our contract
most autistic comment of the week
>>
>>3026791
eh, who cares?

The only thing the X series really needs are re-releases of the earlier primes and not this casual pandering cheap lenses that poorfags want. Release the proper macro lens, re-do the 18mm and 27mm lenses 35mm f1,4 re-do and we're golden.
It's already got more than enough lenses at this point. If you want more and more lenses, you're just an autistic gearfag who wants to shoot 8 different 50mm lenses.
>>
>>3026751
What the fuck is wrong with people and lenses? Aren't there enough lenses already to make any fucking picture you can imagine?
>>
FUJI

>worse than M43 in every measurable way
>lenses twice the price of M43 on average
>literally make the same camera in nine different bodies
>only /p/ likes Fuji

JUST
>>
>>3026822
its either a bait post or sonyfag pretending other brands dont like fuji too. Too bad panasonic and fuji are total bros and are collaborating to btfo sony sensor business back to fucking stone age.
>>
>>3026832

I don't give a shit about Sony or baiting. Just can't understand why people are spending $2k for an XT2 when it is worse in every possible way than a 4 year old Olympus OMD EM1.
>>
Sony ponies really are the biggest retards. It's sad, really.
>>
File: DSC3845-600x426.jpg (24KB, 600x426px) Image search: [Google]
DSC3845-600x426.jpg
24KB, 600x426px
>>3026744
>>3026747
>they've made tons of various cine and broadcast lenses for lots of different applications for a really long time now
It's actually a little bit different than usual this time.

The whole entire lens is optimized for E-mount, and the design can't be ported to Canon EF mount or the others.

This is made for Mirrorless E-mount from scratch.
Not that I blame them. FS7 Mark II is pretty kick ass, albeit a bit costly.
>>
>>3026744
Nikon used to make lenses for Canon.
Canon used to make lenses for Leica.

It doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>3026770
>the other option is fucking Samyang.

What's wrong with Samyang?
>>
>>3026857
no electronic contacts? wtf
>>
>>3026862
no zooms
>>
>>3026864
No need for them. The camcorders are used on stabilised equipment during recordings.
>>
>>3026832
>panasonic and fuji
Lol, Panasonic is cucked too. They don't plan on releasing this for MFT, even though they technically could.
>>
>>3026832
nobody likes fuji actaully
>>
>>3026822

Reddit has a major hard on for Fuji too.

That should tell you something about it.
>>
>>3026876

This is why you should never get any advice off /p/.
>>
>>3026878
Really though. /p/ is just a bunch of Fujifags.
>>
>>3026880

The worst part is their delusional.

Fuji is a poor choice in every way.

If someone just came out and said, 'Yes, I know there are cheaper and better performing choices, but I liked the way it looks and feels' I'd have a lot more respect for them.
>>
>>3026822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwLqxqWfWMQ&t
>>
File: 1453329324000_1188581.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1453329324000_1188581.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
By the way, this isn't the first time someone has made Cine lenses designed for mirrorless mounts, and ignored the bigger PL, EF, F-mounts.

I think Veydra did this first. And shifted over to optimizing for the short flange systems.
>>
>>3026884

Fujifag posting a vidya that says Sony is killing m43...
>>
>>3026881

That has been said many, many times. You're just stupid. ;)
>>
>>3026889
>;)
Anyways Fuji skin tones suck
>>
>>3026892

I don't care. My photos don't have people in them.

If I want good skin tones I'll shoot film anyway. ;) ;) ;)
>>
File: 1480987335900.jpg (40KB, 680x848px) Image search: [Google]
1480987335900.jpg
40KB, 680x848px
>sony makes fuji sensors
It's over sony wins fuji is finished

>fuji makes sony lenses
It's over sony wins fujii is finished
>>
>>3026918
Unfortunately this is sonygger logic. They are like trumplets, revelling in their double-think tautology - it's quite cringeworthy.

Although my suspicion it's only one or two of these boring cunts, because any Fuji thread triggers the fuck out of them.
>>
Looking to replace my fuji.
Anyone wanna red pill me on a6500?
>>
File: 1487635022070.jpg (270KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
1487635022070.jpg
270KB, 750x728px
ITT children don't realize that these companies aren't "battling" each other like the fanboyist crowds like to imagine. But rather, profit from each other on every possible occasion.

Keep getting cucked by the consumer electronics industry, senpaitachi.
>>
>>3026884
>17.2.2016
E-M1-II and GH5 are easily comparable to APS-C bodies and m4/3 has much better lens collection compared to Fuji or APS-C E-mount.
>>
>>3026923
There is nothing wrong with being a Trump supporter Anon. They are people with legitimate concerns.
>>
>>3026924
It's the best crop body for video and stills, and has features not seen in any other camera, at a smaller size than anyone else.

What more do you need to know
>>
>>3026928

Are you telling me rich executives don't feel the same petty insecurities I do?
>>
>>3026766
>>3026767
>>3026768
samefag
>>
>>3026935

The whole OM-D lineup is better than anything Fuji has ever produced. Fact.
>>
>>3026960
Brilliant deduction, Holmes.
>>
>>3026780

cine lenses you fucking retard

>he really think cine lenses are the same as every other E mount lens

kek
>>
>>3026780

>he really thinks FS7 owners are going to spend 24k for a cine zoom

Zeiss 15-30mm CZ.2 Compact Zoom Lens for Sony E Mount
Format: Fullframe | Price: $23,900

fucking retard

>hurrdurr hey guiz with FS7 you cant just buy Leica cine lenses HURRRRR SO MENI LENSES FUR SERNY
>>
>>3027055
Read the conversation chain you illiterate failed period. Op claimed sony had no cine lenses.

>>3027057
Cine stuff holds its value even better than stills gear, 20k isn't a scary price if it's on company expenses and you can sell it for 19k or even loan it out and turn a profit.

I think you'd be surprised at how insane production companies gear cupboards are. Last one I was in was easily over a million dollars worth of gear.
>>
>>3026870
Panasonic plays in a lower price bracket, I don't think there is a significant market for expensive MFT cine zooms.
>>
>>3027294

You do realise people NOT wrking within production companies buy lenses too right? you fucking retard

>hurrdurr muh 50 lenses
>lolol fuji will dail wh the fuck is going to not spend 30k on a lens pfpfppfpf

Kill yourself moron
>>
>>3027921
I tried my best to decipher your attempt at English.

What I think you're saying is that you don't think people will buy 20k lenses?
That's fine, because there's e mount cine lenses that range in price from $500 up past $100k, and the more expensive models tend to be from the more successful companies. It's great that so many companies are backing Sony, when your biggest competitor brings products to your range you know you're on to something good eh.

I'm sorry 20k seems like far too much money for anyone to spend on a lens, it must be tough coming from a third world country and seeing all these things on the internet that your village will never afford.
>>
>>3027927

nice strawman you fucking retard
>>
>>3027939
What's the strawman?
Im still confused as to what you were trying to say here
>>3027921
It's definitely something to do with price and availability, Sony has a massive price range and the largest availability, why are you mad?
>>
>>3026747
that's a big lens
>>
>>3027942
FOR YOUUUUU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2qcQJ5aXAE&t=0s
>>
>>3028194
They said the exposure changed because they used an "f-stop aperture".

Is a "t-stop aperture" really physically different from an f-stop?
I thought they just changed the numbers?

Do most constant f-stop zoom lenses change their exposure when you zoom?
>>
>>3027941

>doesnt even know what a strawman argument is

ll bro, how fucking retarded are you? you keep shilling e mount as something special because muh 20k cine zooms

its like you like being autistic

>hurrffffduururff I just dont know what you mean

literally retarded
>>
>The lens I've been dreaming about has become a reality
>oh hey let's see what /p/ has to say about it

Well that was a mistake. Thanks for reminding me why I stay out of gear threads.
>>
>>3028235
f-stops are calculated, t-stops are measured.
>>
>>3028235

Not all, but a lot do. T-stops are much less crucial for still photography because you don't need to maintain exactly the same shutter speed (shutter angle in cinematography) for every frame.

T-stop consistency throughout the zoom range and no focus breathing are two of the big reasons why cine lenses are so expensive.
>>
>>3028303
I know what a strawman is, I couldn't work out where I had used one, are you a bit illiterate or is english not your first language, I'll try again, what is the strawman argument I presented you?

>e mount is special because 20k lenses
Got it, you're illiterate, if you followed a little better you would see that at no point did I single out 20k lenses, I said e mount has a wide range and these new fuji fill in the affordable, consumer/hobbyist zoom sector.

If you try to reply again, please run it past a native English speaker first, you're just making a bit of a fool out of yourself.
>>
>>3026846
what exactly makes it worse than the Olympus?
And don't just say everything. And I'm not trying to defend Fuji or say it is the best.
>>
>>3026997
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.