[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

home processing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: img583.jpg (146KB, 1672x1044px) Image search: [Google]
img583.jpg
146KB, 1672x1044px
Hi guys ! I do my own home process and sometimes, I have things like that (cf photo)
Do you have any idea of the cause ? Is it some light leak or a chimical issue ?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1672
Image Height1044
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution1200 dpi
Vertical Resolution1200 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:02:20 15:39:59
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1672
Image Height1044
>>
does this show up with just one camera or with multiple cameras? because the streaks are clearly spaced with the sprocket holes in the film I'm tempted to say it may be a light leak along bottom of the film advance in your camera. the teeth of the film advance mechanism are blocking the light leak intermittently which is what causes the "stripes."
>>
>>3025526
In reality, I do home processing for others, and this is a problem I saw a couple of times. and twice with the ilford xp2 super 400... I don't think my tank is leaking and I home-process C41 films (XP2 super 400 is C41) without stripes. I don't know if an old film can do that or if the C41 ilford should be developped with a typical chemical...

(sorry for my bad english)
>>
>>3025485
Over agitation during development.
>>
>>3025535
I have heard of overagitation causing this too, as >>3025536 says. what's your agitation schedule like?
>>
>>3025535
though, wait, is it only happening with rolls of XP2? Are all the rolls coming from the same person?
>>
>>3025538
>>3025536
I agitate it almost 1 time for approximately 10 seconds... up and down, few times...

>>3025539
No, differents people, differents camera...
>>
>>3025539
Still, the last two rolls of XP2 I had, I had this problem.
I use tetenal C41 solution.
>>
are you processing a single reel in a two-reel tank? do you do a presoak step before development?
>>
>>3025543
What kind of tank do you have? I am almost sure this it caused by problems with agitation.
>>
>>3025551
Those two (with stripes) were in a single wheel tank I did both BW and color films in this tank which was ok...
And I use lukewarn water (30°c approximately) for presoak.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (2KB, 77x85px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
2KB, 77x85px
>>3025555
I have this type of tank
>>
>>3025563
this one exactly
>>
>>3025565
Do you turn it upside down or use the agitation stick to turn the film?
>>
>>3025574
upside down, no stick used here
>>
>>3025580
If you have the agitation stick that turns it use that instead what I have read says those tanks work better that way.
>>
>>3025565
>that filthy disgusting reel
Would leave in bleach for a year before binning.
>>
I have spoken to a couple pros about this, and this effect can apparently be caused by underagitation as well as overagitation. Underagitation could mean that you're not agitating aggressively enough, but it could also mean that you're filling the tank so completely with chemistry that there's not enough space for it to mix up and move around completely. Are you leaving a certain amount of air in the tank (i.e. not filling it to the brim with developer)?
>>
google bromide drag
>>
>>3025763
this, although mostly a problem with stand development.
could be caused by temperature shifts during development. is your room temp very different from the temp youre going to develop in? also ive heard pre soaking your film to get the film and tank to the right temperature helps-
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.