[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, So I recently started working at a place where I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: frontview.jpg (236KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
frontview.jpg
236KB, 1600x1200px
Hey guys,

So I recently started working at a place where I am the head of a team working both graphically and with photography. At the office we have two cameras, one Canon eos 1100d and a Canon eos 550d.

Now, given that I want to make this stuff work as well as possible, and given that I have more money than sense, I decided to buy a similar camera just to get the know-arounds at home so I know how the stuff works. I found a Canon eos 400d for cheap with a 70-210 and a 18-55 lens and brought it home.

Is there anywhere I can turn in order to get some pointers on where to start? I know that I'm probably literally retarded but I'd love to git gud and start understanding everything in order to take good pictures.
>>
>>3025150
>I am the head of a team working both graphically and with photography

Can you expand on this for us?
>>
>>3025151
Well, my job is a bit special.

I work at a student organisation at my university, and have a full time position as head of marketing/PR, head of recruitment and head of events. The organisation itself has some ~3300 members.

This means that when working with Marketing and PR, we have to work both graphically and with photography. Some of the stuff is pretty simple, like club photography, but I've taken an interest in working with pictures to portray and communicate the correct messages, and I realize that I could probably do much more if i understood the know-hows of photography.
>>
Are you a graphic designer by trade then? Ad agency?

If you have some backing in illustration or graphic design at least you'll have a good grasp of colour and maybe some composition. Start with the Exposure Triangle, there are a billion places to look that stuff up. Work your way from there depending on what you're looking to shoot.
>>
>>3025150
You are dealing with pretty crappy cameras and lenses. These are honestly pretty damn far from what professionals would typically use and almost a sign that whoever bought the equipment mainly cared that it would be cheap, not good.

The main thing to do in a lot of situations will be to get your lighting right. It does a lot for better cameras, but it's downright crucial for cameras like this.

You can learn to do digital post quite well even with these, though.
>>
>>3025150
>>3025153
Why not find an actual photographer to work with? I'm sure there must be a couple in your organisation or the student body itching for some work.
>>
>>3025167
All of those can make great photos in capable hands, even 400d.

550d lacks some physical controls, but has decent image quality. With a right lens and light it can produce professional(whatever that means) looking photos.

OP you should check flickr to see what people can do with these cameras. just goolgle :flickr 550d"

And to answer your question, start by reading the manual for the camera.
>>
>>3025221
I think this is the only reasonable answer. Since OP is in charge of both, its would be best for OP to delegate the work.
>>
>>3025459
>>3025221
The deal is here is that we have people who are photo-volunteers, aka people who signed up to photograph certain events and stuff. Problem is that many of these people aren't really great at using cameras.

>>3025223
I'm going to check this out. Also keep looking at different tutorials and stuff on photography in order to learn so that I can learn them in return.
>>
read everything on this site from top to bottom.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.