[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yay or nay? 670$ appox Leica C Compact System 12.1MP Digital Camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

Yay or nay? 670$ appox
Leica C Compact System 12.1MP Digital Camera
>>
>>3022538
step 1. buy $20 digital camera at thrift shop
step 2. put red sticker dot on it

congrats, you saved $650
>>
>>3022540
Really think so? I heard lecia cameras are all over priced but I also heard the craftsmanship is un beleviable
>>
>>3022538
Just buy a fucking phone for gods sake.
>>
>>3022542
That's true for old M series rangefinders. Leica M3, made in the 1950s by hand in Germany is probably one of the best made cameras ever. Incredible to hold and use

This, on the other hand, is a camera another company made in China and re-branded by Leica. Leica did not manufacture this camera. If memory serves, most of these rebranded Leica models are manufactured by Panasonic
>>
>>3022543
I guess....not really the same tho...
>>
>>3022544
Tyvm. So they became the apple of cameras lol.
>>
>>3022547
Yeah that's a pretty apt comparison
>>
>>3022543
There's a leica phone on the market? do want
>>
>>3022549
Kinda...
>>
File: Screenshot_20170215-090814.png (346KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170215-090814.png
346KB, 1440x2560px
>>3022549
Phones with "lecia" cameras lol
>>
>>3022552
Woah! Do want that sweet ass baby over my canon/sony crap!
>>
A compact digital Leica? So that's like, three layers of bad right there.
>>
File: Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-LF1.png (133KB, 300x417px) Image search: [Google]
Panasonic-Lumix-DMC-LF1.png
133KB, 300x417px
>>3022538
Protip: Panasonic LF1 is the exact same camera without the Leica badge, and you can get it for $200 on ebay.
>>
>>3022562
They keep doing this since the film era and people still fall for the red dot marketing. What the fuck?
>>
>>3022542
Not that particular Leica. Like other anons have mentioned, it's their old film stuff that's great.

However, as far as modern Leicas go this thing isn't really a Leica.

If you're looking for a modern digital Leica that's actually Leica made and not a rebadged Panasonic or whatever, you'll have to look at the M line at the very least.

And if you're asking about this red sticker toy on here, an M wouldn't really be down your alley anyway (it's not a point and shoot pocket cam)
>>
>>3022567
At the moment? Mainly the Asian market, particularly the mainland Chinese market. They're the ones fueling the market for all sorts of luxury goods (whether they be true luxury goods or those sham things that are really just a brand name and no substance.)

I'm in Thailand, and I know a guy who is in the market for the Digilux. I told him several times to just get the Panasonic variant as it's the same damn thing bit much cheaper and that any settings differences can be tweaked via the menus or in post, but he doesn't care.

Even when I tell him that it's actually made by Panasonic, he either doesn't believe me or care.

Asians are all about very conspicuous consumption, and thus dumb shit like the cam in the OP will always have buyers because they think that
>but it must take better pictures! It's a Leica!
>>
>>3022562
Dope ty
>>
Awful, awful shit.
>>
>Leica
No thank you.

It's the same scam as Hasselblad, just more successful at it.
>>
>>3022538
The only good Leicas are the rangefinders, and you have to git gud to really use them to their full potential. The Q and X series are cool.

Everything else is just jewery.
>>
>>3022538
$670 for a point and shoot?
>>
>>3022688
>The only good Leicas are the rangefinders,
The only good Leicas are the ones you shoot with!
>>
>>3022538
WTF is happening to our world?
>>
>>3022542
Only their professional level shit is that good, most point and shoots like the c are just rebranded Panasonic. Still a good compact but don't go dropping 670 on one
>>
>>3022538
as it is stated above, Panasonic makes this camera but it is not simply rebranded. Leica writes their own firmware for the Leica cameras, the colour rendition and anti moire performance is different between the cameras.

I say different because the leica is not necessarily better. the hardware is the same but the software is different making them different cameras.
>>
>>3022538
>$670

For that money you could buy a full frame DSLR and a nice lens, which you could then expand by buying more lenses in the future.
>>
>>3025324
But Anonymous, Leica's firmware is uniformly runny diseased bloody faeces.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.