[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US: Photographing Federal Agents, Officials, Property, etc..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Military.jpg (594KB, 905x905px) Image search: [Google]
Military.jpg
594KB, 905x905px
I was strolling down the street and took a snap of a post lady putting some mail in a slot. She IMMEDIATELY wheels around on me and starts freaking the fuck out declaring that it's a felony to take a picture of a federal agent doing their job.

You know, aside from being thrown out of a mall where over 50% of the stores are vacant at 10am when no one was fucking there, this probably ranks as one of the dumbest fucking times I've been berated at, kicked out, or fucking told I can't take a goddamned picture of something.

I went back and double checked the law, and all I got was laws on taking pictures of court houses and federal property - of which apparently around 2002 / 2003 there was a ruling that allowed this on some murky legal footing, but regardless people couldn't fucking command you to stop if you had a semi-decent reason outside of terrorism or some shit.

Point being there was nothing on "agents" or "federal employees." Kind of makes you wonder HOW WE HAVE SO MANY FUCKING MOVIES AND PICTURES OF BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL EMPLOYEES DOING THEIR JOBS HMM.

Anyone have the 100% answer on this or stories to share?
>>
She's full of shit. You're allowed to take a photo of anyone doing anything in public as long as you don't physically interfere with the completion of their job. The ACLU has plenty of literature on the subject.

It's funny, because the department of homeland security issues memos on shit like this all of the time, and yet I constantly get misinformed federal employees rushing out of the back door of the Social Security building or the Federal courthouse to confront me. They're literally the only people who ever accost me. They must feel special and powerful.
>>
Probably not all that useful, but maybe.
http://pseudosticky.wikia.com/#Legal-United_States_of_America
Feel free to edit in specifics for your jurisdiction if you find any useful additions.
>>
>>3020892
Lol is this picture one of those stolen valor things?
>>
you may be in your right but if people tell you (in a somewhat decent manner) to please delete that picture be a nice person and do it.
>>
>>3020902
Minimum wage power trippers are the worst kind.
>>
>>3020931

Fuck off cuck
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.