[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cinestill 800T 120 film.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: CineStill_120_Rolls_MG_8335.jpg (113KB, 1600x1121px) Image search: [Google]
CineStill_120_Rolls_MG_8335.jpg
113KB, 1600x1121px
Any one else get theirs today? What are you planning to shoot with it?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1600
Image Height1121
>>
Yourself, my man.
>>
>>3020411
this.
>>
>>3020411

/thread
>>
>>3020410
the "T" means tungsten light, right? but there aren't many tungsten lights around anymore, i thought? is this film for studio use that doesn't use flash but instead old warm bulbs? are they also producing a "D" variant for daylight use?
>>
>>3020484
>but there aren't many tungsten lights around anymore
You're an idiot. Although councils are replacing lights with LED lights more and more, the colour temperature is rarely changing significantly. While there are a greater variety of lights available at different colour temperatures, this doesn't trickle down to the end user unless they buy bulbs by accident or on purpose.

Use it for it's intended purpose, standard artificial light at home or in the field where you have no control over the light/colour temperature. Use a filter when you must shoot in different light.
>>
>>3020484
You know most cafe's restaurants and bars use Tungsten colour lights, the shit looks really dope. And God made gells for a reason.
>>3020410
I'm still waiting for mine
>>
>>3020410
tfw 2 poor for a medium format camera.... :(
>>
>>3020592
I bought a Mamiya C33 for $120 with a lens. No excuse
>>
>>3020592
bought my rolleiflex with spare change i collected in an icecream box.

sort yourself up, cuck.
>>
>>3020610
>>3020614

im saving for a mamiya 7 or a fuji gx680
>>
>>3020619
aim for the 7.
>>
>>3020592
Mamiya 1000s, DO IT
>>
>>3020410
the absence of the anti-halo layer deminish it to the status of a m e m e
>>
>>3020410
sure is shill in here.
>>
Hey guys, chemistry questions!
Does this require ecn-2? It can be processed in both that and c41 right? Only reason I ask is I love the look of this film, but I hate the look of say, vision3 crossprocessed in c41, and I've really been unable to find a good at home ecn2 instructional.
>>
It's actually a 500iso film despite the name.
>>
>>3020718
it is mean to be processed c-41
>>
>>3020718
Works in C41 because they remove the remjet layer.

Makes halation much more apparent but the biggest downside to no remjet layers is the negative being extremely sensitive to hairs, dust, and scratches
>>
Any sample pics?
>>
>>3020798
wrong

>>3020718
>vision3 crossprocessed in c41
that's exactly what this is. vision 3 500t with the remjet removed, so processing it in c41 has the same result
>>
>>3021441
Its not wrong you fucking twat they remove the remjet layer layer and expect it to processed at a normal film lab.. thats why they fuckign sell it.. they don't sell it so you can find a motion picture lab that will maybe process some little tiny short roll of film. So yes Cinestill the subject of this thread and that comment is meant to be processed c-41.. Motion picture film used in actual motion picture cameras typically processed in 400 to over 1000 thousand foot rolls is meant to be mechanically processed ecn-2. If you take a look at kodaks actual documentation on ecn-2 processing you will see that very few labs are even equipped to handle short rolls of film and will most likely tape your film to something else if they even want to go through the trouble of processing it.
>>
>>3021460
the film itself is still kodak vision film, therefore still meant for ecn-2 process. I know it CAN be processed in c41 chemistry because the rem-jet is removed, but that doesn't mean that it SHOULD be. cross processing yields less speed, more grain, and bad color balance, so it's not preferable in any way. cinestill are being dishonest in claiming processing in c41 is no worse than using proper chemistry.
>>
>>3020719
is it, is it?
>>
>>3021468

from their website

" It is important to note that CineSill is NOT simply "repackaged" motion picture film. We utilize the same advanced emulsion technology found in Motion Picture film to create a still photography film which is modified for C-41 processing. This material is converted to a different format and suitable for C-41 chemistry. Compared to the original motion picture stock, 800T responds with a slightly increased gamma yielding an 800 ISO Tungsten balanced negative, which is optimized for digital and optical still photography processes"
>>
>>3022120
>We utilize the same advanced emulsion technology found in Motion Picture film
aka. Vision 3 500T
>to create a still photography film which is modified for C-41 processing.
aka. we remove the remjet like every hobbist has been doing for years
>This material is converted to a different format and suitable for C-41 chemistry.
aka. we cut the IMAX to 120 size and remove the remjet

they want to make it look like they are "creating" something, but thats a lie. they a repackagers and remjet washers. the proof that its not some sort of treated emulsion is that no movie shows the absolute shit grain cinestill often shows.
>>
>>3022030
Yes, it's Vision 500T. They market it as 800 to hide that fact (and underexposing also leads to that grainy, lo-fi aesthetic that is all the rage these days).

Nobody who wants traditionally nice images would shoot this stuff.
>>
>>3022331
I would, but I'd expose it at ISO 400 or just shoot some 400h desu
>>
File: usapordo.jpg (13KB, 249x202px) Image search: [Google]
usapordo.jpg
13KB, 249x202px
hi where are the pix
>>
The only complaint I have is that the adhesive holding the red tape is super sticky and made the film basically impossible to turn when loaded ;(
>>
>>3023365
What? Don't people take of the tape completely?
>>
>>3023784
you're supposed to, yeah
>>
>>3023784
You misunderstood. The tape leaves a glue residue on the backing paper and that can gunk up how well it rolls.
>>
>>3024013
Have you developed it yet? Post results? What ISO did you rate it at?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.