[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instant cameras

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: img__film02.png (86KB, 272x323px) Image search: [Google]
img__film02.png
86KB, 272x323px
Hey, /p/ I'm thinking about getting an instant camera, should I get the mini 90 or wait for fuji to release the new square meme format this spring?

>pic related

Buying a real polaroid is also an option but the price of a pack keeps me away from it.
>>
>>3019549
hate to break it to you but this is obviously just a regular photo with a shopped border. instant cameras generally have meh iq, unless you're shoointng pack film through a medium format or something.

wait for the sqaure, since hopefully they might get smart and release an actual camera this time around instead of the plastic fantastic, babby teir shit that instax has been so far.

>I type this as I cling on to my instax for dear life
>>
>>3019555
Pack film is not that good either.

>release an actual camera this time around instead of the plastic fantastic
The point is to trick people into buy a cheap camera and waste money on film, isn't it?
>>
>>3019549
I like the mini classic 90 alot and I would highly recommend getting one just to have fun with. I got mine as a Christmas gift and I have already filled up a few albums so far.
Now, I'm not a serious photographer so I am easy to please. It is far from perfect when it comes to film prices and the quality of shots but honestly I'm happy with it.

If money is not an issue I would get the mini 90 or if you would like to try out a cheaper option then you can get the mini 70. Costco has a good bundle for the 70 if you can find it.

Its just a whole lot of fun to take pictures and instantly share them with other people. Plus the photos have a charm to them that people seem to gravitate too. Maybe because we are so use to digital cameras and images now.

I'm going to pick up a Square when it comes out but I think there is room for both in any collection.
>>
I just bought a polaroid 636 on the internet I hope it is working. How do I test it without a new pack? I saw a video a guy put 6 AAA bateries inside the cartridge, is there a easy way to test it?
>>
>>3019549
fucking retard
the autism delusion is strong in this one
>>
>>3022575
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>3019549
Get a 6x6 camera and a Polaroid back.
>>
>>3022689
Fuji stoped making peel apart film.
>>
>>3020739
you need an empty cartridge, a soldering iron and a 4 AAA holder, not 6. the battery is supposed to be 6 volts, so you'll need to connect them in series. here's a detailed youtube guide with everything you'll need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ19Ucit3S8

that being said, 636 is pretty shit tier. if you like square photos get an Impulse AF, it has autofocus and you can usually find it at the same price/a little more expensive than 636/one step cameras. if you like slightly wider photos and more options
>>
>>3024867
shit, pressed reply too early. continuing:

if you like slightly wider photos and more options, get a Spectra AF or (you can turn autofocus on/off, timer, capable of double exposures, you can turn the flash on/off, there's a small screen in the viewfinder that tells you the distance from your subject and whether it's in focus). you can find it for ~$20-25 online
>>
File: 20170219012838_IMG_9619.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170219012838_IMG_9619.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
>>3019549
Just buy an old polaroid. I got this for $30 at a thrift shop.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 750D
PhotographerBIG BERTHA
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.0
Lens NameEF50mm f/1.8 STM
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:02:19 01:28:38
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeAI Focus
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed352
Color Matrix130
>>
File: 20170219194029_IMG_9629.jpg (812KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20170219194029_IMG_9629.jpg
812KB, 1920x1280px
>>3025288
Impossible film is alright. There's just something about polaroids that instaxs don't have.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 750D
PhotographerBIG BERTHA
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.0
Lens NameEF50mm f/1.8 STM
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2017:02:19 19:40:29
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeUnknown
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed288
Color Matrix130
>>
>>3024867
I just got one from a friend and did put the batteries to test it. The dark slide didn't come out and it didnt make any motor sound. Is it dead?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.