[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do people leave the tripod mount on when they never use it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

why do people leave the tripod mount on when they never use it?
>>
>>3018617
maybe they do when you're not looking
>>
>>3018617
How do you know they never use it?

Why does OP have to be a giant faggot making shit ass threads like this?
>>
Mine sticks on the tripod and I can clip my lens on.
any other way seems retardo.
>>
I use mine as a carry handle.
>>
Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it
>>
>>3018617

I take mine off, it actually makes a big difference in weight and size, it feels much better off.
>>
>>3018617
I turn mine to the side so that the foot isn't in digging into my palms. I don't take it off because it exposes the screws,
>>
You can rest the lens on your hand and use that point of contact to support it so your fingers aren't bearing the weight of the lens while adjusting focus/zoom.
Also bearing point for a strap mount. Don;t be one of these retards who screws a mount point into the camera to support a telephoto lens as well as the camera.
Do you even telephoto bro?
>>
>>3018617
I always keep mine on. I have a canon 400 5.6, and if Im hand holding it, I use the tripod mount as a grip.
>>
>>3018665
I use it as an attachment point for a pocket tripod for the same purpose. I find the extra length under the barrel makes a bit of difference.
>>
>>3018624
I would fucking kill you if I had the chance
>>3018651
exactly
>>3018652
I'm actually curious what the relevance in the screws is
>>3018665
but that's the thing. I shoot concerts and I've seen one guy ever use a monopod with it. I get there's scenarios where there's a better chance you'll have a use for it.

plus my lens has a pretty stiff focal ring cuz I'm an idiot and bought it from craigslist but it was also dirt cheap so I'll live
>>
>>3018617
Grab it by the collar
>>
>>3018617
why did you buy a dslr when you never use it?
>>
>>3018722
you don't know me
>>
>>3018617
I put it over my knuckles and punch Sony faggots with it
>>
>>3018707
Give her the QR plate
>>
>>3018633
SAME
>>
>>3018617
well for the longer attachment like your pic related, you can use it for minor/added stabilization in your palm
>>
>>3018617
It's comfy
>>
>>3018617
>I've never seen it. Therefore it must be true.
>>
>>3018665
Dunno about Canon or Sony but Nikon 70-200s have another tripod screw underneath the removable foot. I used to attach my BlackRapid thingy there when I was shooting Nikon.
>>
It's handy to keep the weight off metabones adaptor on my sony.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.