[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Los Angeles photo locations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: LA.jpg (257KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
LA.jpg
257KB, 1200x800px
hey guys, I am going down to Los Angeles for a couple days later this month and im bringing my dslr, Im trying to find cool places to shoot in LA. I like to shoot architecture, city scapes and nature and im looking for places off the beaten path other than the touristy spots. Would any of yall have any suggestions on places to check out? Thank you for your time.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width1200
Image Height800
>>
>>3017570
I grew up and currently live in LA, it's basically designed for tourism so there's not a lot of non touristy spots

i mean UCLA or USC have really nice architecture, Griffith park gets the dankest sunsets.

Idk man, la isn't great for the types of photography you described, but if you're gonna go you should just try Santa Monica or Griffith park
>>
>>3017579
Not OP, but flying to Cali and stopping in LA mid march. Probably around the financial district/Chinatown

How diverse is the architecture around there?

Also, any great places to eat?
>>
File: chinatown.jpg (147KB, 650x277px) Image search: [Google]
chinatown.jpg
147KB, 650x277px
>>3017570
Never been in LA, but if were to go there, I would for sure rewatch one of the thousand movies set there.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2011:01:22 11:13:37
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width650
Image Height277
>>
File: IMGP2373.jpg (376KB, 851x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2373.jpg
376KB, 851x1280px
getting a nice sunset cityscape from griffith park is a gamble. otherwise it'll just look flat and boring. hope for clouds

chinatown has a nice feeling that's very difficult to capture in photographs, you might be disappointed by the lack of in-your-face ``this is chinatown'' locations outside of the small old chinatown plaza. might be better at night.

pasadena city hall is a nice spanish colonial revival style building. it looks quite nice at night

cabrillo beach is a nice alternative to the more touristy santa monica and venice beaches. there are tide pools if you go near the cliffs. winter is the best time for tide pools, so you're in luck. plenty of interesting creatures there

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3 II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)30 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height6016
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution3600 dpi
Vertical Resolution3600 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2017:02:04 17:27:23
Exposure Time1/1000 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length20.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width851
Image Height1280
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>3017626
thats not a bad idea...
>>
>>3017705
much love man thats a huge help
>>
File: City_of_Quartz.jpg (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
City_of_Quartz.jpg
22KB, 300x300px
>>3017579
LA designed for tourist uh?
>>
File: cat.jpg (129KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
129KB, 470x750px
Skid Row, Huntington Park, Watts, Compton, if you're not a little bitch
>>
>>3017745
maybe in the 80s and 90s
>>
>>3017759

It's always the 80's and 90's in LA
>>
The best place to photograph LA is where ever you're currently standing, man....
>>
>>3017904
whoa...
>>
>>3017599
Roscoes chicken and waffle
>>
File: Disney-OH-11.jpg (461KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Disney-OH-11.jpg
461KB, 1600x1067px
>>3017570
I've always liked the Disney Concert Hall. Very abstract and you can get a shit load of great photos of the bent metal. It's free to walk around, and there are a lot of little nooks to shoot in. Pic related is not my photo

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS2 Macintosh
Image Width5616
Image Height3744
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2012:12:03 17:29:08
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length24.00 mm
Image Width1600
Image Height1067
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>3017925
now thats some degenerate architecture.
>>
>>3017930
Maybe. But it's pretty cool to see it in person. And it photographs really well when you single out small portions of it. It's a great place for portraits, architecture, etc.
>>
>>3017930
lmao
kys my man
>>
Went to L.A. two months ago. It's full of wonderful places, for every kind of person. If you are into movies, Hollywood is awesome. If you are into gym and body building, Muscle beach and the Gold's gym in Venice beach are a must. Just be yourself, visit places you may like and shot some pics there!
>>
>>3017570
Don't have any recommendations for locations, but for inspiration, see if you can find Alex Hartley's "LA Climbs: Alternative uses for architecture" somewhere. One of the books I pull out and flip through from time to time.
>>
Mulholland Drive is great for residential architecture plus has a few outlooks for city scapes. Downtown LA near the city hall has some fun shots, in the same area as >>3017925
>>
Fuck all the touristy bullshit, take it from a truck driver who has been around the country a bit. Get a rental car and drive up the 101 to Santa Maria. Do not take CA-58 to get there you'll miss a lot of cool shit, you have to pick up the 101 near Ventura. When you get to the Pacific Ocean play Northern Exposure 2 Disc 2 by Sasha and John Digweed if you're lucky there will be a fair amount of fog. When you get to Santa Maria take the 166 east on a puffy-white cloudy day. Stop in El Pueblito Ristorante before you leave for the best god damn Mexican food you'll ever have and I've been around the Southwest a bit and I have the gut to prove it.

You'll thank me later. Was a memorable experience will never forget it as long as I live and I was in a big ass diesel semi truck and didn't have time to stop for everything. Left a huge impression on me, will definitely be back soon on 4 wheels so I'll have some time to check stuff out. Do it, you will not be disappointed.
>>
>>3017759
Downtown LA is stuck in the 80s man
>>
File: 12151402_edit_1 (2).jpg (633KB, 2628x1710px) Image search: [Google]
12151402_edit_1 (2).jpg
633KB, 2628x1710px
>>3017570
Elysian park pretty much has pic related for city scape same park as your image from dodger stadium, also 1st street bridge which is near china town and dtla & disney concert hall is a good spot
>>3017745
compton does have some neat architecture here and there also friday nights compton speedway
Huntington park is ehh to me
>>3017579
seconded on colleges for nice architecture

Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX300
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384
Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelNX300
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:02:14 23:54:01
Image Created2016:12:15 21:18:13
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/2147483648.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: DSCF1123-Edit.jpg (318KB, 1000x401px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1123-Edit.jpg
318KB, 1000x401px
LA anon here. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of this city for photos, you don't get those nice dense areas like other big cities and a lot of cool shots require special access to get on top of things or whatever. Maybe it's just familiarity that makes it boring to me, though.

Still, there's some pretty cool stuff around. Mt. Wilson has the best night views of the city. (Pic related.)

If you're going to Chinatown, hit up Yang Chow on Broadway. Not only are they one of the best "Americanized" Chinese places in the country, they're also kind of a low-key celeb spotting hotspot. The pan fried dumplings, hot and sour soup, and especially the "slippery shrimp" are the shit.

>>3022398
REEEEEEEEEEE FUCK THE 110

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:07:05 00:59:30
Exposure Time10 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness-5.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length23.00 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3022803
I know that feel man, I feel kinda bored with LA for shooting. I mean there's plenty of cool places for portraits and shit but generally it isn't the best place for photos
>>
>>3018182
>Hollywood is awesome

Hollywood is garbage for photography. There's literally nothing worth photographing there. It's a very soulless area of LA.
>>
I would second Walt Disney Concert Hall for the architecture. I'm still looking for some places to shoot around dtla but my suggests are probably like basic touristy places you described. LACMA, Getty, Broad, Chinatown, Little Tokyo, Ktown etc. Maybe check out UCLA too.
>>
I don't even live in america but I'm pretty sure there's a nazi bunker in the hills somewhere called Murphy Ranch
>>
>>3017925
holy fucking chromatic aberration is this your attempt at 3d?
>>
>>3022914
This wasn't my point, anon. I said to him/her to go in places he would like and having fun instead of searching only for places to shot some pics.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.