[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IMO Yongnuo could be aiming for a much higher market.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 140924_ef50mm_01.jpg (39KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
140924_ef50mm_01.jpg
39KB, 550x412px
All I see is Yongnuo copying some cheap lenses, the market is already saturated with those slow lenses.
They could be copying some of the older legendary lenses.

What if Yongnuo got the nikkor 50mm f1.2 ai, with 9 blades apperture. Put a chip + AF screw.
Or the Nikon 58mm f/1.2 noct ai. Put a chip + AF screw.

Would you buy this sort of lenses? Even Nikon wouldn't have anything to compete.
>>
>>3017098
- most people who are after old legendary lenses won't be satisfied with a Chinese copy
- those lenses often employed technologies that Yongnuo cannot replicate; in particular, the Noct-Nikkor was so expensive because it had a hand-made aspherical element
- you don't just "put in AF screw", this requires a complete redesign of the internal mechanics, which requires skilled engineering that Yongnuo obviously does not possess
- there are already many companies in the "fast manual lenses for cheap" market (Cosina, Samyang, ZY, even Zenit)
>>
>>3017098
Why not make planes out of black boxes
>>
>>3017117
>- most people who are after old legendary lenses won't be satisfied with a Chinese copy
>- those lenses often employed technologies that Yongnuo cannot replicate; in particular, the Noct-Nikkor was so expensive because it had a hand-made aspherical element

I really doubt Nikon from 40 years ago had more precision and technology than Yongnuo now.
>>
FE WHEN
>>
>>3017199
But they had more skilled engineers. You can ask why germany is still better than japan when it come to lenses. The answer is the same.
>>
>>3017205
>zeiss
>manufactured by cosina
>german is better

LOL!
>>
Don't underestimate Yongnuo.
They started to make cheap triggers and accessories but they slowly raised the bar after each generation up until they were able to manufacture an almost 1:1 copy of high-end Canon flash.
That's exactly how Nikon and Canon began in the 1930s.

I'm sure they will start to build lenses of their own design once they've mastered the engineering process.
>>
At least Yongnuo forced Canon to update the 50mm.
>>
>>3017098
Confirmed for never having shot the 50/1.2 ais
It's not worth copying, famn
>>
>>3017199
but they certainly had much higher levels of quality control
>>
>>3017212
O wish they do the same to Canons 50 1.4
>>
>>3017207
Still developed there. Also, the cine lenses are also made in germany. You're forgeting rodenstock, leica, schneider kreuznach etc...
>>
>>3017270
Nippon glass is superior.
>>
>>3018662
This
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.