[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need tips/ help for parade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170202_112838.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170202_112838.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hello. This saturday theres going to be a military parade where i live and the airplanes are quite literally going to fly in front of my window. Can you give me any tips to make some good shots? I know nothing other than point and shoot.
Pic related the camera i borrowed sony cybershot dsc-hx1.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelGT-I9300
Camera SoftwareMOB30Z
Equipment Makesamsung
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2017:02:02 11:28:41
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Color Space InformationsRGB
F-Numberf/2.7
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
Focal Length3.70 mm
Lens Aperturef/2.6
White BalanceAuto
Image Width3264
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Exposure ModeAuto
CommentUser comments
Image Height2448
FlashFlash
Exposure Bias33504 EV
Brightness0 EV
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ISO Speed Rating75
Exposure Time1/30 sec
>>
>>3014229
You want a fast shutter speed. Something like 1/1000. I would try setting the camera to A (aperture priority) then set it to about f6 or f8 then raise your ISO in the settings until your shutter speed is at least 1/1000.
>>
>>3014237
Thank you. I have set it at iso 800 and f8 and my shutter speed when looking out the window is 2000. Do i leave it like this or do i lower settings until its at 1000?
>>
>>3014251
Not him but you might want a smaller iso, test it to see if It's a fast enough shutter speed at 1000
>>
>>3014266
I can set it to auto and then from 125 to 800.

Other settings: -0.3ev, image size 3:2, auto white balance, multi metering, face detection off, flash level 0, red eye auto, dro plus,noise reduction standard, color mode normal, color filter off, color saturation standard, contrast standard, sharpness +, steady shot when shooting.
>>
>>3014229
Sorry won't be able to hit the airplanes from your window no matter how low they're flying/high your building is. You may get a few shots on the pedestrians/military pigs, just make sure to aim your "camera" where they're going not where they are.You've got to anticipate your shot.
>>
>>3014328
Heres your >you. For being contrarian.
Ive seen them during practice. They fly less than 500 m away from my window and very low. So yes LITERALLY in front of me, the parade grounds are 1km away from my house.
>>
>>3014331
the problem might be their speed, or rather, how fast your camera will auto-focus on the planes. Are they going to fly towards you, in a side-plane or what?
>>
>>3014436
During practice they come in a side plane from left to right but on a loop, they come towards me loop behid and away from me and come back in front of me from right to left further away than on the first pass, and they come slow enought to detail fine shapes of the tails of the su30s
>>
>>3014474
that's great, definitely a lot of opportunities to get good shots. Good luck to you man
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.