[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

a6500 or a7ii?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: sonyview1.png (25KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sonyview1.png
25KB, 1200x1200px
I have to make a choice between to two soon. Plz help me make this decision.
>>
>>3013621
Neither. A7iii is imminent. Get that assuming they don't fuck it up.

Otherwise get a7rii, a7ii is a dog. Get a6500 if on a budget.
>>
>>3013625
/thread
>>
>>3013625

What's wrong with the A7ii in particular? Menu, performance, speed, ergonomics?
>>
>>3013621
The question is what you are using it for.
If you are good you dot need to have the best and most expensive camera because you could achieve the same results whith a litle bit of effort.
Yes if you pay money youget something
but do you really want.?
Just become a good photographer then you dont need to spend that much money
Or run into a shop and take the camera you want, then you run as fast as you can!!!!!
Ofcause you pay before you run
>>
>>3013621
I'll put this plain and simple for you:
> Shoot more video?
a6500 / a6300
> Shoot more photos
a7ii

> Shoot both video and photos
a7rii

Also, don't be a fucking cuck and wait for a camera. If a camera is on the market right now and will work for you, buy it. Don't wait months anticipating a camera's release only to save a few hundred bucks or spend more on the new one.
>>
>>3014539
He is right
Photography or videography is not for getting money its for the fun while taking, processing and looking at it in the end.
Don't hang on 100€/$/£ in the end what you are making whith it metters...
>>
>>3013735
Menu and ergo are spot on once youve set all your customisation. Performance and speed are as great unless you're going to do a lot of af-c video.

For me it's the a7ii all day erryday though.
>>
>>3014743

Sounds good, build quality up to snuff as well?
>>
>>3016192
it feels more like a precision metal brick than a camera body. I have a small paint scratch on the bottom lip of mine, apart from that it looks as new, and I treat my cameras like shit. Happily survived beaches, rainforest and jungle in india.
>>
>>3013621
a7ii if you want to use legacy lenses.
a6500 if you want 4k and use native apsc lens.
you can get a lens turbo ii if you want legacy lens.

gh5 if you want a video camera.
>>
>>3016235
GH5 if you're a fucking cuck. Honestly, if you buy m43 today, you're an absolute idiot.
>>
>>3016247
I adore my PEN F. Best camera I've ever owned.
>>
>>3016909
but how does it compare to the original Pen-F from '63?
>>
>>3016931
The menus are a lot more complicated but you do save a fortune on developing film.
>>
>>3013625
This is good advice.

They are going to be coming out with the new a7 series sometime soon, rumor is that it will be shipping by this summer. So either you can get one of the new cameras, or get the mk2 series which will have a price reduction.

The second important part is what you're planning on doing. This guy has it right >>3014539

I have an a7r for photos and an a6300 for video.

So whats your plan OP?
>>
>>3013621
If you are going to shoot anything active, sport, cars, birds whatever get the A6500. I say this as the owner of two A7s
>>
>>3013621

Smart:a7ii for full frame and because it's a good camera

Smarter: a6500 because cheaper and newer

Smartiest:wait for a7iii and then be disappointed when they announce the a7iv three months later
>>
>>3017055
The a7ii autofocus is much, much better than the a7, not quite a6500 but very usable. I'm saying that as someone that upgraded from the a7 to the a7ii.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.