[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Color theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: guide_i.jpg (51KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
guide_i.jpg
51KB, 600x400px
How can you learn (advanced) color theory and editing for photography? Whenever I take photographs and edit them I don't have a clear idea of what I am doing. Color is one of the most important things in a photograph for me yet I don't really understand it. I will play around with the sliders in the image editor thinking that I got some nice colors but then people might tell me that the color looks terrible. Like in critiques I sometimes see people point out that a photo has bad white balance or a color tint when I don't notice anything wrong. I do just very basic 1-dimensional editing meaning I will just go through every setting and play with the slider until I get something I like without having a final result in mind and the idea of how every setting contributes to it.
>>
>>3013327

first, get a good display.

second, think about what you want to say with the photos, then add that aesthetic to them. its not difficult but you have to be aware of trends and how to dissect them so you can stick to one, or make your own built on elements of different ones.
>>
>>3013327
there isn't really anything advanced about color theory. you get different effects if you restrict the palette in all or part of your picture. contrast is highest between opposing pieces of the color wheel. people associate red with warmth and blue with cold. congrats, you just saved yourself four years of art school!
>>
>>3013327

who dinners with a big glass of whisky wtf.
>>
>>3013330
>then add that aesthetic to them

That sounds easier said than done.
>>
>>3013357
all you need is consistency. if you make a lot of shit looking pictures that are all similar looking between them, then its not some sort of fault, but "his thing".
>>
>>3013340
Also, forks on the left?!
>>
>>3013327
do what i did, make your own palettes and get a friend who's good with colours to check em. don't put down all your photos set to that scheme but use the scheme as a guideline
>>
>>3013392
Forks always go on the left, you degenerate burger.
It's for piercing food and holding it still while you cut it with your knife in the dextrous hand, usually the right, not for shovelling it into your lard compactor like a spoon.
>>3013340
men
>>
>>3013395
>make your own palettes

But how? I can settle for maybe a main color and contrast color but I would not know how to make a more detailed palette.
>>
>>3013403
ez, look at photos that have colours that interest you, look at their schemes, open a colour wheel and make your own.

drop your kik or something I could teach you the basics of colour theory, the rest of actually choosing colours is completely subjective. pretty late here now so I wont be replying for a while

nice to see someone taking deep interest in colour theory :D
>>
>watch a bunch of movies
>look at a bunch of fine art
>look at a bunch of fine art photography
>make inspo folders for the entire color spectrum

>be """inspired""" by taking the color grading from a still and apply it to your photo

seriously you look like at IG there's a shitload of people who take pictures of the same landmarks and apply that same vsco filter, or
>muh japanese city lights
and do they same fucking process over and over again
>>
http://www.tedgorecreative.com/blog/2016/2/8/imc0w2lc0ie6b1jtixfht4jgqyjvnu
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.