[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good picture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: xOEwGAp.jpg (2MB, 2828x2828px) Image search: [Google]
xOEwGAp.jpg
2MB, 2828x2828px
Is this a good picture?
>>
Its interesting thats for sure.
>>
I would say so. It's not exactly perfect, but it's an interesting and clever photo nonetheless.
>>
>>3013294
its blue dress/gold dress tier.
>>
>>3013294
decent aesthetics
doesn't tell much of a story (and the formalist construction really makes you expect one -- e.g.you try to read the lamp as meaningful because it's so prominent)
>>
File: 1161-700x700.jpg (108KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1161-700x700.jpg
108KB, 700x700px
I think it's interesting, yes.

Reminds me of this picture of a glacier.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakePhase One A/S
Camera ModelP30+
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width6900
Image Height6900
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Data ArrangementPlanar Format
Image Created2015:12:27 20:41:43
Exposure Time1/180 sec
F-Numberf/18.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/18.0
Exposure Bias1.7 EV
Light SourceTungsten
Focal Length80.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1500
Image Height1500
White BalanceUnknown
Unique Image IDE0580000006300000400DE00DF000662
>>
>>3013294
it really makes u think
>>
>>3013294
Yeah, The Witness was pretty cool.
>>
>>3013294
Yes.
>>
>>3013294
It is fake and gay
kys
>>
File: 14786898174526.png (10KB, 280x336px) Image search: [Google]
14786898174526.png
10KB, 280x336px
>>3013415
>>
>select all images of lamps

That's what it looks like
>>
>>3013294
I like
>>
>>3013294
it's like 2 different picture pasted on.
>>
>>3013320
Story is not the point you stiff fossil.
>>
>>3013294
When I saw the thumb I though it had nice elements, but the top right seemed to fight with the light post a bit. Then I saw the higher res and realized it wasn't pasted together, and then I was like wow great spot shot. That is the kind of stuff I like.

I sometimes see stuff while driving where ordinary ting line up in interesting ways and wish I could slow down for a shot.

>>3013320
Story is only part of it, how the viewer see that story is another part.

Here no explicit story or even title are given yet my mind started to over analysis this merely from OP's simple prompt.

I saw it as man's encroachment on nature using the colors of stop and go.

Green leaves
Yellow leaves with Light post taking the center with an second one waiting to turn on
Red brick wall, burn dirt into something man made that stops things
Steel or plastic siding, completely disconnected from the earth both in how it is made and how it literally is not touching the ground (has it elevated beyond or is it just waiting to crash down?)
>>
>>3013453
KEK
>>
>nobody even opened the thumbnail

its not one picture, its 3 mashed together
its a mediocre collage
>>
>>3013415
>>3014052
>>3014264
>not sure if shit bait or literal autism
>>
>>3014056
that's a story, I don't mean a literal narrative about the lamp's day at work
and my point is none of the elements here are strong enough to make a nature vs artifice statement for me. it's less urban decay and more urban university. i.e. bland crap
>>3014053
I'm pretty limber, just ask your sister
>>
>>3014271
awesome le epic XD

go back to your reddit thread(s) fag
>>
File: bela-borsodi.jpg (120KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
bela-borsodi.jpg
120KB, 640x640px
>>3013294
Reminds me of this.
>>
>>3014281
wtf are you on about you autistic cunt, sorry you're unable to comprehend perspective and composition lmao
>>
>>3013294

Yes. Could be framed better, but the photographer should at least get praise for having an "eye" for identifying and composing this shot.
>>
>>3013294
whats your subject?
>>
>>3014276
Yea, everyone see things differently. Makes my wonder about my sanity at times given how far from the norm some of my ideas are.

I remember seeing Black Dot #43 at an art museum once. Literally just a large black dot I just about threw my hands up in the air and walked out saying "Well now anything can be art".

I did stop and read the description which talked about how it took the artist 43 attempts to make it perfectly circular, and it was really circular.

Now years later I find it an inspiring piece of art. The guy probably spent a month painting slowly and carefully again and again to make such a perfect black circle, about the size of basketball. A tireless obsession of perfection that only he could know. Really touches me.

Then I remember the work was priced at over a million dollars and I go back to wonder what to think. Is it a disconnected value system our civilization has on pure creation, or is it some dude getting paid way too much for a big black dot.

I got a few other times like that (if your interested), but largely it is art if I can respect it and a master piece if I like it. Despite me respecting a lot of things stuff like >>3014284 gets me, first one was really cool but now I see them everywhere lacking the spontaneity that the older ones and OP has. If it gets too formulaic then it feels dry, for lack of a better word.
>>
File: umma_portlandstructural_4.jpg (155KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
umma_portlandstructural_4.jpg
155KB, 800x532px
>>3013294
Same area, different perspective
>>
the technical quality is abysmal
>>
>>3013294
I really like this
>>
>>3014381
>I got a few other times like that (if your interested)
Tell us more.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.