[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

750D VS 760D

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

I'm a photography degree student and am in need of a new camera. Is it worth paying the extra 100+ £££ for the 760D?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
nah dont bother with it - get the M10 instead. it'll save you from the inevitable future upgrades
>>
>>3012178
Why don't you buy a used 5d instead?
>>
>>3012237
are you retarded

or just autistic

OP clearly said he wanted a new camera, why would he go back to the shitty 5dc
>>
>>3012992
>shitty 5dc

You're an idiot, the 5dc's sensor is still slapping out great images. Go look at Flickr's Camera Finder. Go look at ISO range tests. It's fucking fine lol, only really bested by - guess what - cameras in the pro-tier that came out much after it. And not by much, unless you live on ISO 12800.

But if you need an actually new camera yeah it's fine. Assuming you're invested in Canon lenses...
>>
I guess I could give some insight since I had to make the exact same decision a year ago, here's why I picked the 760D :

- Dual control wheel, which allows you to control 2 settings at the same time, very much needed imo if you like shooting in any of the "not auto" modes.

- second LCD screen on top, much easier on the eye when shooting at night, plus if you don't auto preview after each shot, you can completely turn the bigger LCD off while shooting and only rely on the smaller one, saving some battery life.

There are other minor differences, like having servo AF in live view, but I never use it anyway.
>>
>>3013027
Also, I forgot : use the gear thread.
>>
>>3013022
Oops. I meant both are fine, just depends how much you care about top LCD and a few other functions.
>>
Well you already wasted thousands on a shitty piece of paper degree, so why not spend a few hundred extra here?
>>
>>3013084
>already wasted thousands

Because education, connections, etc. aren't worth it right?

How would you rather someone learn photography so they can get into the business of it?

inb4 post shots on /p/ once a month so people here can nitpick composition and exposure.
>>
>>3013147

>not wanting to make the most money possible

I'll never understand it, myself... work is about income. Then you fund your hobbies. "Liking work" is for poor people.
>>
>>3013154
>he either doesn't work his dream job or doesn't think he can

Sad!
>>
>>3013022
>the 5dc's sensor is still slapping out great images

While it's true that the 5D Classic's sensor is still good, the camera itself is very antiquated which makes it a lot less pleasant to use than a newer-but-lower-end camera body. Just some examples off the top of my head:

* No live view. Which means you always need to be looking through the viewfinder to frame your shots, which means you're less likely to shoot at angles other than eye-level. Similarly, no flippy-screen. Shooting at not-eye-level is one of the best ways to make your photos not look like everyone else's, and the newer bodies make that a lot easier.
* Autofocus is shiiiiiit. The Rebel's AF sensor blows it out of the fucking water. It was shitty in 2005, and it's beyond shitty now.
* LCD is tiny and low-resolution. Makes it harder to review your photos. Also, speaking of reviewing your photos, the 5D is so old that it loses its place when it goes to sleep while you're reviewing photos, which is more annoying than you might expect.
* ISO maxes out at 1600 (legit) and 3200 (pushed). The Rebels go all the way to 12,800. Yeah, the high ISOs are noisy, but a noisy picture is better than no picture at all because it's too dark to expose (and your shitty 5D Classic autofocus system couldn't focus in that lighting anyway)
* 3FPS vs 5FPS continuous shooting. It makes a difference.
* No video mode. Might be relevant to this guy, if he wants to do any video work.
* 5D doesn't support the cheap, modern wireless remote controls. Or have WiFi built in. Or let you plug in a GPS module.
* Better fuckin' hope the owner of the 5D got his mirror glued down properly, 'cause it's a common problem and Canon's no longer fixing it for free! Nothing quite like having your mirror flop out when you're trying to catch that decisive moment.

The 5D Classic is still a great camera... but if I had to choose between it and the 760D, I'd go 760D.

Source: Former 5D Classic owner, since upgraded to a 5D Mark III.
>>
>>3013166

My dream job is making as much money as I can... every job I have ever had has been my dream job. And my current dream job just keeps getting better.

Get your fucking priorities straight, Anon.
>>
>>3013173

Maybe I prefer being happy to having a lot of money.
>>
>>3013173
Lmao, you sound upset that other people can make a lofty sum of money and do the things they've dreamed of doing since they were kids. Either that or you're a weirdo. Well, as long as you feel whole inside, anon.
>>
>>3013177

>lofty

That's relative, friend... I can guarantee you won't be making my incomeS doing anything photography related.
>>
>>3013178
Neither will I, but some people do and will.
>>
>>3013154
>liking work is for poor people
Anything to justify spending all that money and time on a degree I guess right

>Wew lads my job is fucking miserable but at least I make money haha LOL!!

t. sad anon
>>
>>3013173
You sound like a boring person
>>
>>3012178
d700
>>
File: muhdream.jpg (86KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
muhdream.jpg
86KB, 600x400px
>>3013166
>dream job
capitalism still good at selling its cages
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.