[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDITING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

What's your editing technique for a normal photo?

I am currently using a mix of lightroom and photoshop.

Generally pretty good with photoshop (levels, curves, little corrections)

But I'd love to hear from people with alot of experience, especially with light room.

Also with sharpening, is there a best way to do this? I've looked around online a bit and there's nothing conclusive.

Also also, any random tips and tricks are welcome.
>>
>>3009970
im triggered by that photo.
>>
>>3009982
ok
>>
>>3009982
poverty tourism at its best
>>
Cull is first 12:00 Editing begins after that.
http://oh-hi.info/video/2016-12-10--18-17-01-280_betlogbrick_video-1.mp4
>>
>>3010024
Poverty based on which standars?

I agree you can infer certain social/cultural conditions from the image, but referencing poverty means that you are projecting your view on wealth on both women.

assuming one is a tourist and the other is not, and assuming one is wealthy and the other is not, based on god knows which indicators you read somewhere online.

Also, Lightroom and PS
>>
>>3010495
>assuming one is a tourist and the other is not, and assuming one is wealthy and the other is not
>I LITERALLY CANT READ AN IMAGE... HURRZ U CANT DO ASSUMPTIONS ..WHAT IF THE WHITE ONE IS THE POOR ONE? WHAT IF I TOLD U THE WHITE ONE IS A BOLIVIAN MAID THAT WORKS FOR $1 A DAY AND THE BROWN ONE IS A FRENCH MILLIONAIRE? RLY MAKES YOU THINK HUH?

yeah you were only pretending to be retarded, etc, zzz...
>>
>>3009970
i want to punch that pasty piece of shit in the face and then bite off her dumb humongous nose.
>>
>>3010525
>you were only pretending to be retarded
whereas you clearly celebrate and wallow in your own ignorance
>>
>>3010495
You don't have to be Einstein to understand what's going on in this picture. Please, have some self respect and, above all, intellectual honesty.
>>
>>3010531
a tourist is buying a shawl from a from a local merchant
>>
>>3010528
lmaooooooo

if you want to larp as a hardcore SJW,
go here:
>>>/pol/
>>
>>3009970
layer group for frequency separation
layer group for eyes consisting of sharpening masks and curves masks
layer group for tones which could be several adjustment layers. this is for my paid edits which typically take me around 10 minutes to do all the stuff i just mentioned
>>
>>3010533
You sure have aesthetic imagination.
>>
File: fhg-1.jpg (897KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
fhg-1.jpg
897KB, 3000x2000px
I usually only need to do light adjustments in lightroom.

-set your exposure
-contrast
-whitebalance

I shoot RAW so I bring up the vibrance.

For sharpening I try to get a sharp image before hand. Stopping down your aperture. But if i need to sharpen I turn up the amount, then bring up the detail. I find that bringing up the detail too much makes the image look a little grainy. Same thing for radius. Then i bring up luminance to finish off.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T2i
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:01:26 20:17:01
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3010533
>to be this blind and insensitive to the power dynamics that happen in that picture

thats why you will always be a shit photographer with a mediocre output. if you cant see whats really going on in your surroundings, then you cant photograph anything meaningful, only accidentally, like OP did.
>>
>>3010540
>to be this inexperienced yet still arrogant and self obsessed
> to make the assumption that anyone who doesn't conform to your own level credit card debt and surround themselves with pointless trash is somehow less of a human being

You are a narrow minded bigot and the poor people of the world who work hard for the little that they earn have a lot more dignity and and are worth a lot more respect than a trashy little NEET such as yorself
>>
>>3009970
>What's your editing technique for a normal photo?

What is a bottle of wine, a joint, and some good music for $100?
>>
>>3010024
better to be a tourist than just not interact with anyone outside your own class
>>
File: loooooooooooooool.jpg (82KB, 564x805px) Image search: [Google]
loooooooooooooool.jpg
82KB, 564x805px
>>3010598
>human petting is ok
>>
>>3010540
>hurr durr all brown people that aren't wearing Western clothes are dirt poor

>hurr durr I can't view a photo of a white person and a not-white person without going on a tangent

Come on bro
>>
>>3010606
she's done much more than you by adopting poor kids and giving hem a chance. clearly you think you're much smarter than her. what's your excuse?
>>
>>3010611
Adopting poor kids so she can use them as a fashion accessory
>>
>>3010618
And what do you do anon, apart from grovel in your basement and moan like a bitch
>>
>>3010533
If this is what that picture communicates to you, then sell your camera asap and find another hobby: you just don't seem to have any vision/intelligence
>>
>>3010779
Oh okay then. Could you please explain what it really communicates and highlight all the facts that prove that your analysis
>>
overexpose
desaturate
reduce contrast
pull highlights towards mids
push shadows back down
FFFFFF -> F0F0F0

Only a little, but that's what I do if I do edit at all.

Helps to shoot with the settings you want rather than spend time editing in my opinion. Depends on what you are shooting and what kind of effect you want though. Just keep your ISO at whatever sweetspot and it should be fine unless you have something super specific in mind.
>>
>>3010799
The girl on the left is white, relatively rich (hipster glasses + likely knows the camera's owner + takes vacations) and the photo's subject (she looks directly into the camera). The woman on the right is from South America (Ecuador?) and relatively poor (sells shawls on the street + can't leave her newborn son/daughter at home with her family or in a nursery). Can't you see the power relation between the two women? Does the photo communicate anything else to you? It does not matter what the actual intentions of the Western chick were, maybe she was volunteering in Ecuador to save poor kids, maybe she just happened to be there when the Ecuadorian woman was selling her stuff. What I see is slum tourism, the Western world trying to feel a bit less guilty about itself, etc.
>>
>>3010818
I obviously inverted the two women.
>>3010799
>>
shoot drunk, edit sober
>>
>>3010818
>What I see
And that's basically all your screed is. What YOU see. But all you've offered to back your viewpoint is bigotry based on pre-conceived ideas completely lacking in any kind of personal experience of such situations and brazenly rejecting any possibility that facts might prove you wrong ie:
>It does not matter what the actual intentions of the Western chick were

>chick
>>
>>3010493
When you're adjusting the exposure those curves show up below the slider - what do they mean?

Also holy shit you edit quickly. When I see all the sliders in lightroom I feel the need to adjust all of them to see what they'll do
>>
Wtf are you talking about you trash, go give them that spiel in your members only jacet while they try to sell you a chal in the freezing weather just so she can buy her kid some shitty tortilla.
>>
>>3010610
>>3010544
You people don't know shit about what you're talking about and are trying to win an argument.
You literally ahve to be an aspie to not see the white girl nervously laughing at her friends instead of looking at the woman who is fitting her a chal like a shoe in a shoestore with her baby on her back.
what, do you think she's just gifting the chal because they're friends?
>>
>>3010699
those kids provide her with the kind of publicity you cant buy at a store.
>>
>>3010877
well ok, im a diferent guy who lives in high class mexico city and you see shit like this everyday with all the janitors being brown and taking their kids to work and all the white hipster european wannabes
>>
File: 2017-01-27_07-50-45-1024x795.jpg (333KB, 1024x795px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-27_07-50-45-1024x795.jpg
333KB, 1024x795px
For photos that I like or flag as a keep, this is generally the workflow:

-Into Lightroom
-Select camera profile (usually don't use the Adobe one for Leica)
-Decide if mono or color
-Exposure adjustments
-Whitr balance and global color adjustments
-Global curve adjustment (if needed)
-Input sharpening
-Adjust noise reduction (use NIK in special cases)
-Gradient or brush "regional" adjustments (if needed)

To Photoshop:
-Tidy up perspective (if needed)
-Cloning, eliminate distractions, any content edits, etc.
-B/W conversion happens here and in next few steps
-Contrast adjustments & luminosity masks (if needed)
-Color edits and adjustments
-Local contrast adjustments
-Save image

Back in LR:
-Prep for output (usually little tone tweaks and cropping)
-Export specific size for output

Back to Photoshop:
-Resize and multistep output sharpening
>>
>>3010877
What's wrong with saying "chick"? English is not my first language, so please enlighten me anon.
Plus you did not explain what this photo means to you (since you argue it's not an example of poverty tourism).
>>
What is the best/easiest ways/programs for jacking up the color temperature and making it hot, hazy, and fuzzy?
>>
>>3010917
>i want my temperature fuzzy

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: ipol screen.jpg (28KB, 450x246px) Image search: [Google]
ipol screen.jpg
28KB, 450x246px
>>3010918
sizzling and visceral, Im new to this, I just have an aesthetic in mind. here's a pic
>>
>>3010921
Saturation / vibrancy all the way up.

Pretty much anything should be able to do this.
>>
>>3010922
thanks very much, what is your favorite free program if you dont mind me asking? Ive only used GIMP, which really isnt for photography. Also real film cameras would do better for this correct? I think the grain would be better than digital.
>>
>>3010926
This effect looks very digital to me, like an old cassette tape. I don't think you need film for this.

GIMP is fine, just use whatever.
>>
>>3010927
thank you!
>>
>>3010878
It's just another way of adjusting the slider.
You left click to grab the actual slider - simple.
You right click to activate the curve thingys - more accurate control - the further away from where the curves converge that you move the mouse the more accurate the movement.
I used to do this with keystrokes only, but that makes it impossible to see what you are doing when recording video... i think it also might not work in the *buntu 16 version of DT.. i forget.
Yeah it's quick. When editing this many photos it's really fucking tedious trying to snowflake each one, and you lose objectivity really fast... or it takes weeks to do them all - and that is not how i roll at all.
Either the photo needs a bit of editing, none, or it's usually trashed. Or as you would have seen in the start of the video; I categorize as 'meh' or 'del'. Del eventually all get deleted as the 3TB drive gets full, which also serves as warning that I need to get a new drive pair.
>>
File: cat.jpg (129KB, 470x750px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
129KB, 470x750px
>>3009970

>That grin of self satisfaction on the woman with glasses

Disgusting
>>
>>3011150
keep feeling superior
>>
>>3009970
>LR
>VSCO check which one looks good 400h++,portra 160+++ and portra 400.
>Fuck around with basic, HSL, curves.
>Washed out blacks.
>Orange shadows.
>Blue highlights.
>Grain 35.

I'm I editing like hipsters /p/?
>>
>>3011308
>I'm I editing like hipsters /p/?

mocking hipsters is so 2013. we are in a sincerity phase now, that why we all shoot film. we embrace uncertainty and imperfection. you should try it too.
>>
>>3009970
How do you get this kind of contrast?
>>
>>3011361
get an indigenous person that has worked all her life, from her early childhood and pair her with the whitest, most entitled, privileged piece of shit, good for nothing, professional tumblr reblogger.
>>
>>3011154

It's a pretty quintessential obnoxious grin
>>
>>3009970
What are the first steps in editing? I mostly shoot film and am computer retarded. Where do I start (besides using lightroom/photoshop)?
To be more specific, what are the most important elements to edit in a photo? What should I target? What are "curves"?
>>
>>3010606
>i paid for him to be free

>supporting slavery

also
>only one race meme
>:^)
>>
>>3010606
Laura Croft Womb Raider.
>>
>>3011506
>>3011512
you forgot the most hilarious part:

"he was in slavery because of the color of his skin"

>in africa
>enslaved by the nigrest african slaveholders
>that are most probably his own relatives

sometimes i think liberal thinking is some form of mental illness.
>>
>>3011310
I actually edit like this.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.