[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on first dslr?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: dslr fag.jpg (84KB, 720x494px) Image search: [Google]
dslr fag.jpg
84KB, 720x494px
Hey guys newbie here looking for advice on a first dslr. Expecting to use it more for portraits of people than landscapes. As long as it can take good quality photos in day and night will be happy.
price range is $500-600
Also dubs names my cat
>>
>>3007014
Mephistopheles.

It literally doesn't matter what camera you buy, they're all identically shit at that level.
>>
>>3007014
Rollin for Ken Rockwell
>>
>>3007014
Sony a6000
>>
>>3007014
Pentax K-50 + 50mm F1.8 should be around 500$
>>
>>3007014
You got friends with DSLRs? Get what they have, or the ones you hang out most with. Then you can borrow their lenses until you build up your own camera bag.
>>
Any camera will take good pictures on a sunny day but like you said you want it to take good pictures at night too however for that you need something more then an entry level body and a kit lense.

If you really do on taking pictures at night/dusk you should at least have a fast lense, something like 1.8 but they are expensive especially for dslrs.

Also you need a good tripod which is around 100$ and more.
And maybe 1 or even 2 flashes thats if you are serious.

So with your budget i would recommend getting a mirrorless camera(go for the sensor size closer to apc or whatever its called) and start buying old and cheap manual lenses and adapting them to your camera, i got a 50mm Minolta 1.8 for around 10 bucks.

Anyway hope this helps
>>
>>3007072
I like the Pentax's durability and water proof. I like to travel and have a tendency to be rough with things so something tough is good for me
>>
>>3007083
Thanks looking at mirrorless camera's now, some can still be expensive.

from what im reading seems like i should be thinking more about the lenses than the body
>>
>>3007087
Get the DA 35/2.4 instead of the 50/1.8, much more versatile and a better generic walkaround lens.
>>
>>3007014
Pick a body that feels comfy to hold and get a 50mm f1.8

Also name your doge Tony
>>
>>3007377
Why are you suggesting 50mm on a crop? Why would you deliberately give bad advice for a newby?
The standard focal length is 35mm on APS-C and 24mm on MFT. Both are fine for a first lens on a crop body.
>>
>>3007382

>Expecting to use it more for portraits of people than landscapes.

If he wanted to walk around for a bunch of street stuff then sure go for what you suggested. Also if you want a 35mm f1.8 then dont go Canon unless you can find the lens second hand.

IMO even the 18-55 kit lens is fine. It gives you the flexibility of having some zoom range so you can do the occasional landscape snapshit too rather than being fixed to a prime.
>>
File: pleasantly-surprised.jpg (94KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
pleasantly-surprised.jpg
94KB, 1300x866px
>actually getting good advice on 4chan
>>
>>3007348
I'll second that. 50mm is a bit tight on the K-30. 35mm seems like the sweet spot.
>>
Name your cat Canon 5D mk IV
>>
>>3007014
Nikon D3300 or D3400
>>
>>3007983
>>
>>3007377
Winrar. OP must delivah.
>>
>>3007072
I would suggest K-70
>>
>>3008203
i don't see pentax as an amateur camera
>>
>>3008225
K-50, K-S2 and K-70 are all entry level DSLRs
>>
>>3007977
oof
>>
Prioritize lens over camera
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.