[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Processing software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: instareadydog.jpg (1MB, 1920x1285px) Image search: [Google]
instareadydog.jpg
1MB, 1920x1285px
What's a good post processing software to use if you just got into photography? I've been thinking about getting lightroom but I'm hesitant to spend money on it because this is already an expensive ass hobby for someone with my level of income as it is.

I'm looking for something that stresses ease of use, and preferably has good tutorials on youtube and wherever to figure it out. Thanks a ton!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D60
Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.0.5
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern29016
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)36 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:01:10 06:57:27
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3872
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
ISO Speed Used200
Color ModeCOLOR
Image QualityBASIC
White BalanceAUTO
Image SharpeningAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash SettingNORMAL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested200
Tone CompensationAUTO
Lens TypeNikon G Series
Lens Range18.0 - 55.0 mm; f/3.5 - f/5.6
Auto FocusClosest Subject, Center Selected, Top Focused
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Color ModeLandscape sRGB
Lighting TypeNATURAL
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations42816
Saturation 2AUTO
Digital Vari-ProgramAUTO
>>
>>3006074
Rawtherapee is really good when you use it in conjunction with the Haldcutt film emulation plugin.

Try a workflow of

*Colors
- Select film emulation stock
- Color Toning - Method - Color Balance Shado... then,
- Add blue to the shadows and yellow to the highlights for a cinematic look.

*Exposure

- Tone Curve 1 = Custom. Standard - Film Like
Drag the bottom right end point up and to the right to reduce the intensity of the blacks. It's subjective, but I think it looks quite good.

- You could play with saturation or vignette. A lot of the more niche features can be ignored unless you're some massive photography nerd.

You can crop in a variety of conventional and unconventional aspect ratios, nice way of changing your composition.
>>
You can get lightroom and photoshop for 10 bucks a month my man.
>>
>>3006721
CC is such a shitty thing for the consumer since you're paying per month for the rights just to use the software, I won't go full Stallman on that though.

You can either "buy" Lightroom, or go with Rawtherapee like >>3006719 said.
>>
>>3006722

You're either paying 10 bucks a month for the rights just to use the software, or you're paying $150 up front just to use the software. literally the same thing.
>>
File: DSC04230tifconversion.jpg (375KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04230tifconversion.jpg
375KB, 1080x1350px
Fuck digital B&W.
>>
File: 1453057460285.jpg (20KB, 488x286px) Image search: [Google]
1453057460285.jpg
20KB, 488x286px
>>3006723
>$150 up front
>15 months later you still own the rights
vs
>$10 a month
>60 months later you're still paying up like a cuck and if you stop, no more software
>>
just try lightroom for a few months and then buy it or obtain it if you enjoy it.
I like the $10 CC thing.
>>
>>3006734
Oh yeah, and GIMP is the tool for you, plebtron.
Will stop you becoming an Adobe slider-babby.
>>
File: 1482390243177.jpg (440KB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
1482390243177.jpg
440KB, 2000x1859px
>>3006742

>$150 upfront
>gotta pay $50-$75 for upgrades every couple of years
>total cost after two years: $225

>$10 a month
>instant upgrades for the rest of your life
>total cost after two years: $240
>oh yeah and you get the much more expensive software photoshop along with it
>>
>>3006752
>running bloatware constantly
>needing a continuous internet connection to run software you pay for that actually dioesn't rely on the internet for any functionality
>being forced to auto-update to unstable beta versions in order to run the software you pay for
>feeding your keystrokes, browsing habits, intellectual property, back to the adobe mothership constantly, eating your bandwidth and enabling skynet
Look at the big brains on Brad...
>>
>>3006752
You set windows to auto update too, don't you sweetie?
>>
File: YouAreAPirate.jpg (31KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
YouAreAPirate.jpg
31KB, 600x600px
>>3006742
>>3006752
>$0 up front
>Don't have to pay to upgrade
>Doesn't require a constant connection and doesn't eat bandwidth
>Not supporting shitty business practices
>Total cost after two years: $0
>>
>>3006765
You forgot
>still can't get the colors right, everything is plasticky and flat
>no reliable lens correction and CA correction method, either steals part of the color palette or gets everything a blurry smudge

such is the life of a fossbabby. I'd rather pay $10 a month which I don't even consider money to use a software specifically designed for photography purposes.
>>
>>3006765
kek
>>
If you're a university student you may be able to get the full Adobe CC package for 10 bux for a year. At our university only staff get it so I convinced someone that has access to it to buy it for me and give me the activation key. That said though I was prepared to pay 10 a month for the PS+LR combo and will probably start doing that next year after I get a job
>>
Why don't you just torrent it, you saint.
>>
Wow, guys. 150$ a year? That's really fucked up. There's at least one advantage to live in PutinLand, it's just 60$/year.
>>
>>3006834
>only $60/year
>it still takes half your allowance every month
Stay mad mudblood rusky
>>
>>3006840
>implying all ruskys work in crappy russian companies and get their wage in rubles
Wew
>>
>>3006902
You were raving on $60 difference per year, something most people in the glorious western civilization won't even consider as money.
Somehow my poorfag sense is tingling
>>
Why would someone ever pay so much money for software which you can get free easily?

I regret not getting into programming, I never expected people to continue paying for programs after 2010.
>>
File: customerservice.jpg (50KB, 800x364px) Image search: [Google]
customerservice.jpg
50KB, 800x364px
There are quite a few freebies out there to try like GIMP. For a full package you might want to try Paintshop Pro Ultimate http://www.paintshoppro.com/en/ download the trial version, and try it. I am over Adobes BS myself.
>>
>>3006760
>auto update
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.