[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post-Processing JPEGs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: iqtest.jpg (3MB, 2110x2813px) Image search: [Google]
iqtest.jpg
3MB, 2110x2813px
I have a bunch of mediocre snapshits in DNG format that I want to back up to my Google Photos account as JPEGs, and then delete from my hard drive to free up a couple TB of disk space.

Is there an optimal way to batch process these pics before exporting them to JPEG, so that in the unlikely event that I'll need to dig one up later for post processing, I'd be able to do so with minimal further degradation to image quality? Would it be a bad idea to just apply Auto WB and Auto Tone to every photo in LR prior to exporting as JPEG?
>>
If you were to do that you'd be completely defeating the point of shooting them in raw format in the first place. Unless you're retarded with WB during shooting I wouldn't bother with gambling on LR's auto tone/wb.
>>
>>3005254
IIRC the unlimited backup to google photos is JPEGs which they compress. If you want to backup uncompressed JPEGs then you eat into your drive space.

Re: your question - no idea, I just buy external HDDs and store all my raw files. I used to delete my raw files for useless snapshits and experiments but recently I've wanted to play around with some of that stuff and regretted not having the raws.
>>
I shoot RAW
>>
>>3005283
Fuck off Jared
>>
>>3005254

I backup over the wire using crash plan. Backs up everything and is about £90 a year.

I do live in a country with fucking great internet though, not like americunts.
>>
I'd also be interested to know how to optimize JPEG exports for Google Photos as well.

Previously, JPEGs smaller than 2048 x 2048 pixels remained uncompressed and did not count towards your storage quota. However, ever since 16MP unlimited uploads feature, they began compressing EVERY SINGLE PHOTO not uploaded using the "original quality" upload option.

I've been out of the loop on this stuff for a while. Does Flickr engage in the same type of compression shenanigans?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.