[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Go Pro - Meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: memepro4.jpg (106KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
memepro4.jpg
106KB, 1500x1000px
I'm not sure if this is the right board to ask, but I'm in the market for an action cam. Mostly for stuff like bow mounting and hunting, or motorcycle helmet mounting.

My questions is - is GoPro a meme, and are there way better options for an action camera? I know GoPro's have hundreds of mount options; do other action cameras have the same versatility and waterproof capabilities as a GoPro?
>>
I got a hero4 silver for Christmas and an accessory kit (body mounts, etc...) It's fantastic. The camera is top notch. The video quality is amazing. The weatherproof case is really well made.

I think they're a good choice.
>>
Gopros are very good however if you are willing to dig and can stomache sometimes supobtimal UI you can find very good chinese brands that perform as well for half the price.
>>
>>2997710

That's a gamble. And I can afford a gopro. For what it is, it's amazingly cheap.
>>
I've a Hero 4 Session that I really like. I don't often have the chance to use it, but it's so small that I can just throw it in my kit bag and forget about it, or mount it to something and get nice footage. The software it comes with is halfway decent too, though there's obviously better editing kits out there.

If I had the money I'd splash out on the latest high end model, the Hero Black or whatever it is.
>>
>>2997804
Also, the Session is kinda limited in settings without the companion app on your phone. If you're not carrying your phone, you can't see what the camera is seeing. The higher models have screens on them.
>>
>>2997673

I have a Hero 4 Black and I'm continually surprised at the IQ for such a tiny cam. If you don't own one yet I'd go for the Hero 5 Black though. That IS will come in handy.
>>
Get the GoPro. Its also about the editing and processing software it comes with.
>>
I'm sure there's others, but Techmoan reviews a bunch of these mini/action cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan/search?query=camera
>>
>>2997673
It is basically a phone camera sold for more than 400 €.
Image quality is pretty much on par with the one you get from a decent smartphone, 4K is completely unusable because of 30 FPS and no image stabilization.
I own a gopro hero black 5.
>>
They are surprisingly good quality. I was expecting the video to look like flip video quality but it's pretty decent. I've used it strapped to my head urban exploring.
>>
>>2997673
Get a Yi 4K Action Cam.
>>
>>2997690
>>2997804
>>2997930
Nice try, GoPro
>>
>>2997673

The black versions have always been good cameras for their intended use. However in terms of raw video quality sony have stepped up their game and are now on top. The Action cam FDR-X3000 is top dog now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5lTRIsWXKU
>>
>>2997673
Yicam 1 for very cheap, or Yi 4k / GitUp Git 2 / ELE Explorer / ... for still cheaper and 4k recording.

> do other action cameras have the same versatility and waterproof capabilities as a GoPro
Yup. The mounting brackets on their cases are the GoPro ones, and the cases overall have the same capabilities.
>>
File: IMG_9668.jpg (210KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9668.jpg
210KB, 1280x960px
>>2997673
I bought The original GoPro Hero in 2014 iirc and was really glad I did after seeing some of what it captured.

Not that the quality was particularly great, especially on the original model, but it could go anywhere and take pictures/video while I had my mind on other things. Sometimes the best camera is the one that can capture the moment.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1280
Image Height960
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3000404
A typical phone can capture a moment without fisheye, gopros are niche yet somehow popular.
>>
>>3000677
Having a phone out all the time isn't as convenient because while they can take pictures they aren't meant to be just cameras. A GoPro or whatever device is a little box that you strap on or whatever and you can tap one button at any time and have it take video/pictures. Don't need to worry about dropping it as much, since it doesn't have all your life on it. It's hardier, waterproof, smaller, no unlocking/menus to go through. That's actually a capture from a travel vid I made for me and my friends. I just left it running while walking around and got some cool footage to remember my trip by.
>>
>>3000698
you sold me
>>
>>3000148
Would i apply image stabilization in post?

I'm completely naive in terms of digital video. Thinking of getting an action cam to wear while I bike around the city. Would any of those suit my purpose? I was originally going to get the GoPro because of the promised image stabilization.

Also, what are audio solutions for these cameras? I'm assuming they don't have an integrated mic.
>>
>>3001099
they do have a mic but a very muffled shit one.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.