[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

prints at home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

do any of you print your images at home?
I'm thinking about buying an injet printer
also do any of you own the Pixma pro 100?
apparently you can get it for free using some sort of mail-in rebate.
>>
>>2996423
my understanding of those printers is that they produce lower quality photos than labs at a higher price
>>
>>2996423
>apparently you can get it for free using some sort of mail-in rebate.
Source?

>>2996426
Would you really be able to tell the difference on small prints though?
>>
>>2996423

i get stunning prints in top grade paper from a minilab nearby that has very cheap prices. cant top that.

for zines i go to a printing house, they have ridiculously cheap prices. $1 for a 40 page zine (i do the binding, of course). cant top that either.
>>
i've printed a handful of photos on my own inkjet. they're fine enough. but printer ink is the biggest fucking pain in the ass in the world in every way imaginable. it's just not worth the cost or headache.

i threw my fucking printer away and print documents at the library on the very rare occasion that i need to, and get photos from amazon prints (it's rebranded snapfish at a cheaper price)
>>
>>2996426

It isn't really noticable on an L sized print unless your printer fucks the colors. Qi have even gone up to A4 without issue.

Ink is the biggest cost, but I can get two full loads of every color for my printer for 10 bucks. Can print out a couple hundred pictures at that price.
>>
Bought a Pixma Pro 1 a couple of month ago, pretty satisfied with it so far

Done some A3 sized prints and they came out pretty nicely
>>
>>2996812
Have you done any Black and white prints on that?
Doesn't it have like 5 different black ink cartridges? Seems like black and white would look dope on the Pixma Pro 1
>>
>>2996423
Pixma trash is a loss leader to scam you into ink that is priced more expensive than liquid gold (literally, every drop of ink costs more than the same weight in pure gold)

And that ink regularly evaporates and is used up in 'maintenance cycles' and disappears into a random waste tray unused.
You're paying $120-240 per set of ink even before the photo paper.

It would be cheaper, better-calibrated and higher-quality to have photos printed at one of the twenty million print shops if you don't live in some small village in brazil where mailed-in sets of overpriced ink cartridges are your only option.
>>
>>2996526
that's only assuming you print everything at once though
cleaning and clogs run through your ink supply much faster otherwise, don't they?
>>2996526
A4 is not really that big, but anything you're making that size better look flawless. I don't really get the appeal of a personal 4x6 machine in an era when they look better on your phone anyway
>>
>>2996815
Only one A3 sized so far with a fairly uniform B&W subject without a range of shades so I haven't really tested it's full potential in that area yet
>>
>>2996423

I have a Pro 100. At first, I really liked it and thought it did a good job but that was when I was doing more street stuff. Now, I mostly do portraits and I don't think it ever gets it right. I have messed with the setting as much as I could and still it gets it wrong. Plus, the ink costs a shitload. Use Mpix.
>>
>>2996423
If you just want to do 6x4's the Canon selphys are awesome, they're dye sub and cone in packs with paper and ribbon, 47 seconds for a completely finished and dry print at 300dpi.

Each shot is about $0.20, but i love ours.

Fuck ink and faffing.
>>
Just use walgreens bro
>>
>>2996826

I did do everything at once. Since I live in a foreign country I sent photo albums back to family in the states.

But even so, I go months and months off of $10 in ink. Around 100 L size, and 30 A4s.
>>
Pro 100 user here. Have had mine for a couple years now. It has been a reliable machine, tho I don't print all that much. What has already been said about the ink price is true. I never bought a single tank of ink from Canon. I bought a refill kit from Precision Colors. A complete refill kit with all tools and chip resetter is about $120 and comes with enough ink to refill each cart like 20 times. Replacement ink bottles for the kit are dirt cheap.

Also, be sure you have room for this beast. It looks like a standard desk top printer in pictures, but it's 60 lbs and large in real life.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.