[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /p/ think of this photo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3632.jpg (2MB, 4096x2726px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3632.jpg
2MB, 4096x2726px
what does /p/ think of this photo?
>>
File: 34fgryt.gif (2MB, 294x133px) Image search: [Google]
34fgryt.gif
2MB, 294x133px
Well it took me through a range of emotions.
>>
i like the moss in the log, but everything else ruins it for me.
>>
>>2996237
same
>>
>>2996237
this
>>
underexposed, push it like +2 stops. also no real composition going on. get closer to the log if that's your subject, and try to frame it in some interesting way. there is potential for a nice contrast between the red leaves and green moss but it's kind of dead in this photo because it's essentially a snapshit.
>>
>>2998310
thank you, it is underexposed you're right
>>
I see that you're drawn by the vibrancy of the moss, but it is literally giving you tunnel vision because you completely disregarded anything else that's present in the composition.

Like >>2998310 said the photograph is moderately underexposed, as evident in the histogram. The centered composition feels amateur and unresolved at best. I do like the extra pop the foliage brings to the otherwise dull scene, but the fact that the icy background is grimey and tending towards warmer tones takes away from the overall atmosphere. I suggest white balancing the highlights to a cooler tone to compliment the reds and greens of the vegetation. Lastly, the depth of field is awkward unconsidered, giving the photo a snapshit vibe. I'm assuming you're new as fuck, and only have the kit zoom with you, so I suggest learning how to use the DOF preview button and stopping down the aperture to get everything in focus. If you're feeling ambitious, learn hyperfocal distance as well.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>2998583
>you should fix your snapshot by split toning it and changing the DoF
kys senpai
>>
>>2998583
>DoF preview button

I thought only "high end" cameras did this. Or is it something any camera can assign to a function button?

>>2998589
He gave all sorts of advice on how to improve that shot including composing it better. Be a little less idiotic next time, friend.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.