[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Portrait challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (50KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 675x450px
So, my boss asked me to take corporate portraits of the 135+ employees for the company website.

I asked if I could rent some equipment, and he said no. So it's a t5i, on camera flash and some projector screens to act as backgrounds.

Any tips for doing this acceptably?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width675
Image Height450
>>
>>2994200
>company website.
that means they will be web sized ant images aka. could be shot with a cellphone and look good anyways.

your boss is a jew and you should get the fuck out of that place. please tell me you are not doing this for free.
>>
Turn your flash compensation all the way up, set the aperture to 5.6, and zoom to about 50mm equivalent

Do it uncle terry style
>>
>>2994200
>your boss is a jew and you should get the fuck out of that place. please tell me you are not doing this for free.
This OP. He expects you to use your private equipment for work.
>>
>>2994201
I'm an intern at a medical company. I'm using their camera and on their time. It's funny. I'd charge a months salary to do this if I was doing it on my own. Thankfully, I've started my own business and will be out before April.

>>2994203
Fuck that noise. Brought my own camera once, told them to buy one of their own if they liked their results.

I actually had to write a proposal and get three different approvals for a billion dollar multinational to buy a t5i.
>>
Bummo
>>
>I actually had to write a proposal and get three different approvals for a billion dollar multinational to buy a t5i.
It's not about the millions, it's about
>"managers" gonna "manage"

Also 135+ portraits lmao
Like anyone needs to see more than a dozen mugs on any company's page
>>
>>2994285
Will be used for I'd cards too
>>
>>2994200
Yea I would buy an external flash to put on top of the stock one and a cheap little flash diffuser that cost like 5 bucks and it actually makes really soft lighting in my opinion
>>
>>2994239

>medical company

If you're not being paid, tell them to fuck off. Insurance rates are way too fucking high for you to be working at a medical company for free.
>>
>>2994200
>on camera flash

Just quit your job.
>>
>>2994239
>medical company
>start own business
Now I'm curious, what do you do/your business does?
>>
>>2994396

pharma. hes a chemist. thats why the company has so many fuckers around.
>>
>>2994200

Sounds like really shitty lighting - I'd bring them outside and find an area where the sun hits them from behind, maybe find something reflective to act as a reflector.
>>
>>2994456
That is why i am curious

Between the price of a lab, chemicals, and the sheer manhours involved in drug discovery, medical startups difficult and therefore always interesting to hear about
>>
Be sure you post links to the website when you're done so we can all judge your work.
>>
>>2994494
not when the drugs are developed for the public then they just buy the rights to it and hike up the prices
>>
>>2994494
I'm a paid intern doing their pr. Nothing. Field related, though I've learned a lot about the business and have access to some things I might or night not leak to the press after I'm out.
>>
Just shoot several group photos on maximum resolution and then crop out the portraits from there.
>>
>>2994239
>>2994239
>I actually had to write a proposal and get three different approvals for a billion dollar multinational to buy a t5i.

that sucks. It took like one person to say yes for me to buy a 2.8 70-200 lens for the inner city school I work at, and I use it like 80% for personal stuff
>>
File: 140223221924.jpg (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
140223221924.jpg
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>2995528
>2.8 70-200 lens
>I use it like 80% for personal stuff
t.pleb

"personal work" is something done with a 50mm lense on a manual focus film camera; you're a brandfagging sperglord.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
50mm 1.8 on the T5i, find a single light colored wall with a decent amount of natural light, shoot at f/2.8 or so. The onboard flash will likely do more bad than good.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.