[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get this sort of grainy/vintage effect. I have photoshop.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170103-004957~2.png (1MB, 1080x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170103-004957~2.png
1MB, 1080x1265px
How do you get this sort of grainy/vintage effect.

I have photoshop.
>>
>>2994089
I that Danny Duncun?
>>
>>2994089
Disposal camera with flash.
>>
>>2994089
Go to the store, but a disposable film camera. Open your photo in photoshop, snap a photo of the screen (flash off of course) and it should turn out grainy
>>
>>2994104
Thanks, I'm doing this.
>>
File: 011_15a.jpg (3MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
011_15a.jpg
3MB, 3072x2048px
>>2994089
there should be an option in ps to add grain and you can add effects on image like gaussian blur to corners.

heres a pic i took w disposable camera to show u the effect
>>
>>2994089
shoot actual film faggot
>>
>>2994089
Google Nik Collection. It's free, and has loads of gimmicky filters within the ColorFX plug in.
>>
>>2994134
are you retarded senpai?
>>
>>2994089
first use on camera flash

in PS add a curves adjustment layer and first crush the blacks. turn the remainder of the curve into an S curve, but you want the bend to be somewhat sharp (control points close together) and closer to the shadows. this should give you a lot of contrast that sort of jumps from shadow to highlight with fewer midtones. Go ahead and crush your whites a little bit too.

Next go to the red curve and give it a very slight S curve, then go to the blue curve and give it an equally slight reverse S, then grab the green curve and pull it up just a hair and this should tone your image nicely.

Now do a small Gaussian blur, around 1px, to take some of that digital sharpness out. AFTER the blur, add in your grain preferably from a film grain texture. Then adjust your saturation as needed (usually lower) and you should be good to go.
>>
File: _IMG3998_pexp.jpg (1MB, 832x1200px) Image search: [Google]
_IMG3998_pexp.jpg
1MB, 832x1200px
>>2995303
i followed your directions.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>2995333
Is that a pocketable Asian businessman?
>>
File: HAHAHAHA.gif (573KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
HAHAHAHA.gif
573KB, 500x281px
>>2994400
>>
>>2994089
Shoot film.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.