[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I suspect my camera sensor is dirty. But it only shows spots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

File: dirty.jpg (2MB, 2588x1725px) Image search: [Google]
dirty.jpg
2MB, 2588x1725px
I suspect my camera sensor is dirty. But it only shows spots on images when I focus on distances far. I tried with several lenses the same thing on all of them.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareILCE-7M2 v3.20
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)25 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:01:01 18:52:51
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness10.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2993900
so clean it
>>
File: _PNT8384.jpg (184KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
_PNT8384.jpg
184KB, 1200x798px
>>2993900
You're shooting f/14. It may not necessarily be dirty, but imperfections are easy to show up when you're shooting an aperture that small. Shoot at 8 or 11 or and they should probably go away.
Pic related.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:08:26 17:07:03
Exposure Time1/45 sec
F-Numberf/19.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/19.0
Exposure Bias-1/2 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>2993906
Also this, just clean it if you're worried about it.
>>
File: DSC00824.jpg (3MB, 4200x2800px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00824.jpg
3MB, 4200x2800px
>>2993908
They still show up at f11 and f8.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareILCE-7M2 v3.20
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)85 mm
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:01:02 20:21:34
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating6400
Brightness1.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length85.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2993912
Then yes, you probably have a dirty sensor.
>>
File: 1482772917880.png (229KB, 1051x1393px) Image search: [Google]
1482772917880.png
229KB, 1051x1393px
That is indeed a dirty sensor. So take your lens off and set your camera to cleaning mode. If that sony thing doesnt have a cleaning mode pop your shutter open with bulb and don't fucking close that shutter while youre working on that sensor. Try to remove the dust with a hand blower (NO COMPRESSED AIR). If that doesn't work consider paying someone to clean it or picking up a sensor gel stick. I've never used a wet cleaning kit myself but I heard enough headaches about them to not to.
>>
Set your smallest aperture, put your *longest focallength* lens completely out of focus, shoot a blue sky.
Dirt will look like dirt.
http://pseudosticky.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudo_sticky#cleaning_sensors
>>
File: being alive is scary.jpg (28KB, 590x442px) Image search: [Google]
being alive is scary.jpg
28KB, 590x442px
>>2993900
Here's a great article that will show you how to safely clean your sensor without destroying your camera. Some of the product recommendations for what you'll need are great (you don't neccesarily need the sensor loupe like the guy says, just use a headlamp or something). Do not fall for the cleaning service Jew and do it yourself!

http://www.howtogeek.com/162413/how-to-cheaply-and-safely-clean-your-cameras-dslr-sensor/

>>2993933
>(NO COMPRESSED AIR)
Good god this, seen disasters like this before. If you blow that shit onto your sensor it will coat it in propellants and other oily shit that will cost a ton of money to have removed.

>>2993912
A good way to view dust particles throughout the cleaning process is to tape a piece of white printer paper to a wall in a very well lit area, set focus to infinity, take a picture, upload it to your computer, and then boost the clarity/ sharpness in lightroom or photoshop as much as possible to see every speck of dust clear as day.
>>
File: SensorSwabClean.jpg (28KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
SensorSwabClean.jpg
28KB, 400x267px
Use a microfiber swab dipped in pure methanol (dries within seconds, be quick) and wipe the sensor. Make sure you're in a dust free environment, ventilate the room well and vacuum a few times, clean the table and shit with a wet cloth and work very fast.

It's easy and safe. Oh, and do not use any pressure.
>>
>>2994129
Another important thing is not to touch the lubricated parts on either side of the sensor with the swab, or you're gonna get that gunk speared all over the place. Sweep once across one side, turn the swab over, then sweep the other way, and dispose of the swab.
>>
File: sensor loupe.jpg (126KB, 1320x1320px) Image search: [Google]
sensor loupe.jpg
126KB, 1320x1320px
Question here fellas, how necessary is it to use a sensor loupe to evaluate your cleaning process? Is it absolutely vital? Can't I just mount the camera on a tripod with the mirror up, facing the body down (to prevent particles drifting in) and evaluate it with a flashlight/ headlamp or something, or even just take a test picture instead?
>>
>>2993933
>cleaning mode
>open shutter
>Confirmed for never holding a mirrorless digicam in his hands.
Ya just take the lens off and clean it. Buy a good quality wet swab kit. Easy-peezey on a Sony.
>>
>>2994382
Just take a test picture.
All a loop does is save you some time.

Best way to take a test picture:
- put something white on your computer screen, an empty text document will do.
- select A mode, smallest aperture, +1 ev exposure compensation.
- set your lens to infinity focus and take a close shot of your white computer screen (being extremely out of focus ensures you only see the sensor dust, nothing else)
- examine the result in Lightroom with the "Visualize Spots" option and be horrified.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.