[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Headshot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I need a headshot for career purposes and was hoping to take one myself. I have an X100S and basically no other equipment.

Is natural light enough? What time of day should i take it and how should i position myself relative to my windows?

What would you suggest for a cheap background? Is wall enough? Hang a sheet?

Any recommendations for post-processing?

Thanks.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:02:09 18:26:40
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2992002
>X100S
You will look like a goblin

Just go to the local photo store and have them do it. Won't cost you a lot and you will get pro results
>>
>>2992002
>help me cheap my way up to my dream career!

you already failed at the very start.
>>
>>2992007
There's nothing wrong with the camera, it takes great photos of people.

Assume that i want to do this myself as a fun sort of project. Can you offer any actual tips besides "go somewhere else?" I'm going to do it so let me judge whether it's a flop. Thanks.
>>
>>2992009
I'm just putting it on my linkedin page; i don't really care about it very much, if i did i would pay for something good. I already have a job i love.

Can you fucking faggots give any real advice or is this board still the same old shitheads who just attack each other for everything no matter what?
>>
>>2992010
>>2992012

Homeboy actually was trying to help you, you sensitive little fucking powderpuff.

You don't want to use an X100S because the lens (35mm) is too wide for a headshot. You will look like a goblin because your nose will appear proportionally larger than it actually is. You want to use a lens that is at least 85mm (equivalent) or longer, preferably 135mm.

But by all means, go ahead and try it.
>>
>>2992012
>is this board still the same old shitheads
Of coursh

Anyway
Taking great pictures of people is not the same thing as taking great headshots. Your nose will be big and ugly because of the wide focal length

Wall or sheet is fine but not ideal. You'll want some distance between you and the bg to blur out imperfections in it

Look up some guides on how to use window light for portraits. That'll explain it better and more thoroughly than /p/

The standards of tacky ass portrait post processing is to brighten iris and teeth. Maybe soften skin a bit (-clarity mask) Don't go overboard with that esepcially for a dude.
>>
>>2992022
Thank you, this is what i was looking for
>>
>>2992028

Actually, you were looking for the advice to not use a wide angle lens for a headshot, but you're too whiny to know it.
>>
>>2992031
He can just put the camera farther away and crop if he wants to use the X100 for a tiny linkedin profile pic.
>>
>>2992031
I was, and he gave it to me. Not sure what your issue is here.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.