[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a public reminder that equivalent aperture is a myth.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: 1424829874891.png (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1424829874891.png
535KB, 1920x1080px
This is a public reminder that equivalent aperture is a myth.

The only reason small-sensored cameras produce wider depths of field is because they require wider lenses to achieve standard fields of view.

Your nifty fifty gives you the exact same bokeh on an APS-C camera as it does on a full frame camera. Thank you for listening.
>>
Yes, and?
>>
>>2990133
And Poland should be banned from 4chan.
>>
Hi! I'm Tony Northrup!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5zN6NVx-hY
>>
File: dscf5188-copy~2.jpg (1MB, 4193x1562px) Image search: [Google]
dscf5188-copy~2.jpg
1MB, 4193x1562px
>>2990131
>gives same bokeh

Only if you frame your shot completely different.
If you frame your shot similarly, with the same lens, the crop camera will have less bokeh by about 2 stops.

Similarly, if you go for a wider fl on the crop body to compensate, not only will the bokeh still be weak as hell in comparison, but it will be of a much worse quality - the main factor affecting bokeh quality is the focal length, the longer the lens, the creamier and more beautiful the bokeh will be.

This is a public reminder, if you want lots of beautiful, creamy bokeh, and want your photos to be intrinsically MUCH sharper and chromabs to be MUCH less prevalent, full frame is the only way to go.

Unless you're spending £1000+ per lens crop is a false economy.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)53 mm
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2016:09:27 08:00:12
Image Width4193
Image Height1562
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
F-Numberf/1.4
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Focal Length35.00 mm
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Light SourceUnknown
Exposure ModeManual
Image Height2399
RenderingNormal
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ProgramManual
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Image Width6441
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Exposure Bias0 EV
Brightness4.0 EV
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
>>
>>2990138
Wrooong.
>>
Daily reminder that the only reason why "crop factor does not change lens behaviour"fags are so aggressive and loud instead of arguing sensibly is because they know people would just ignore them if people knew they were just arguing semantics
>>
>>2990143
Please elaborate,
>inb4 you can't
>>
>>2990146
I thought they were so loud and aggressive because they were trying to mask their inferiority complex.

When this >>2990143
Is as good as their rebuttals get, it becomes quite fun winding them up.

>dat pixel pitch
>dat bokeh
>dat iso noise
>dat lack of lenses

It's almost as hilarious as those that try to argue 135 is as good as medium format.
>>
>>2990138
OI LADS TIME TO BRING OUT YER TRASH
BRING OUT YER TRAAAAAAASH

It's just after christmas and we all know how much your buckets get a bit full in the festive season. It's a bloody bank holiday today because of substitute days for lazy arseholes so let's get out there and take some photos of bins!
We can do this. We can really change the world if we shitpost hard enough.
>>
>>2990165
>discussing the subject in a shot taken purely to show differences in iq.

Lol, spot the crop babby.
>>
>>2990170
Spot the reposted bin pic m8.
>>
>>2990173
If it illustrates a point, why does it matter if it's a repost.

Every time I've posted it there's been 2 groups of people, those that comment on how awful the fuji shot looks in comparison and those that try and dismiss the results by mocking the shot.
>>
>>2990131
It doesn't, if you frame the subject the same way, you need to move closer with the camera on a full frame than APS-C with a nifty fifty.

At the same aperture, the full frame will have a narrower depth of field as the focus will be closer.
>>
>>2990175
It's alright anon. I'm the third group, the one who believes that you and I can make bin photography a real thing.
>>
>>2990191
aight
>>
How to get that effect in OP photo???
>>
File: IMG_3294.jpg (198KB, 1024x709px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3294.jpg
198KB, 1024x709px
>>2990191
>>2990201
My kinda guys

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height709
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Put it in scrub terms.

I wanted a 50mm but since I have a 1.5 cropped sensor I went for a 35mm (52mm equivalent).

Is my new 35mm taking pics like a 35mm or closer to a 50mm?
>>
>>2990137
WTF I love Tony now
>>
>>2990289
like a 43mm
>>
>>2990289
well it's taking picture like a 35mm because it's a 35mm, except that your image is cropped and look like a 50mm, it's like cropping your image in photoshop
>>
>>2990131
>Your nifty fifty gives you the exact same bokeh on an APS-C camera as it does on a full frame camera

LoL, top key my lad.

Why is it that MF produces delicious bokeh and tiny depth of field at only 2.8?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.