[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lomo Pro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Isthisathing.jpg (54KB, 810x553px) Image search: [Google]
Isthisathing.jpg
54KB, 810x553px
Is this even a thing /p/, being a Lomo Pro?
Treating Lomography the same way as normal photography.
Knowing all the massive flaws of the low-quality camera yet still treating it like it’s high end.
Actually thinking about your shots and not going completely random.
Trying your best to seek perfection in something that would be near impossible to do.
I’ve seen many Flickr users and lomographers trying their best to do this but I don’t know if they achieve the shots randomly or by actual effort.
What do you think /p/? Also, let me know about your experience with Lomography and how you treat it.
P.S I made up the word Lomo Pro since there were no words to really describe that type of photography/photograher.
What do you think on that? Should this word coined or is it silly, or does Pro Lomo sounds better?
>>
Lomography is the single greatest scam that photography has seen.

>Take shit tier camera and recreate it with quirky colours
>Find expired bunk film
>Mark up the price by 5000%
>Sell to naive hipsters

Like you can do all this shit for nearly free but because it's bottom of the barrel stuff.
>>
Instant cameras are really fun to use if you follow some basic composition rule and use regular film, something that lomography highly discourages. That's why lomography is pure shit that can't be considered photography
>>
It's not lomo if you think about it and try to get an acceptable result. If you do that, it's actual photography in the "toy/instant camera" medium.

For example, people shooting skateboarding stuff, things that can end up in a magazine like, with a flash Holga. Not lomo: there's control of the moment, premeditated flash dragging, composition, all that stuff.
>>
Some of the toy camera hipsters are really hard purists - it's not "true" if your camera has a focusing screen, is not totally plastic and so on. I guess any scene gets infected with them at some point.

To me Lomo stuff can be cool, but I don't really pay any attention to the scene. I just shoot expired film on a Holga sometimes.

For "Lomo pro" look up e.g. Daido Moriyama's T-82 book, it's shot with a Holga.
>>
File: davidburnett961110.jpg (438KB, 1335x1280px) Image search: [Google]
davidburnett961110.jpg
438KB, 1335x1280px
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictorialism
>>
The culture that the company sells is not something I'm into. However, my dislike of the people that buy into that didn't stop me from buying one of their cameras. The Instant Wide, which I bought because it's actually better than the Fuji 300.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.