[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I Swap To Canon? Or should I Upgrade To A Better Body?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

I'm currently shooting with a Nikon D3300, I got a few lenses for it and I'm very familiar with the camera.

My issue is that I have a few good lenses for my camera, but they have no motors on the inside of them. So I have to manually focus. It works on my friends D7200 (due to it having a built in motor).

All the areas around me that sell good lenses all sell either extremely cheap canon lenses or sell great nikon lenses that require a body motor.

So, should I get a canon (since i can use my nikon lenses on it) and buy more lenses, or should i save up and get a better body so i can buy better lenses with the added ability to actually use af.

Note: I know i can just manually focus, i do, but my issue is 1. I hate it. 2. I'm usually shit at it. 3. Im lazy 4. If im shooting a low-key subject in the studio its hard to get the focus correct.
>>
>>2986517
Should you read the sticky? Or should you use the /gear/ thread?
>>
>>2986517
Just get a 2nd hand d7000/d7100/d5x00
The difference in iq is negligible between older and new nikon bodies, but canons iq is significantly worse.
>>
>>2986519
I didn't think d5x00 models had motors in the body?
>>
>>2986519
>>2986520
see
>>2986518
>>
>>2986519
>canons iq is significantly worse

How's that?
>>
>>2986555
HOW ABOUT YOU USE THE GODDAMN FUCKING GEAR THREAD???
>>
>>2986519
>significantly worse.

Don't listen to this fag OP
>>
>>2986558
How about you tell that to the OP or the poster making erroneous claims that I replied to, you stupid fuck?
>>
>>2986569
DON'T FUCKING BUMP THE THREAD YOU GODDAMN FUCKING IDIOT!!!
>>
>>2986571
Go cry somewhere else.
>>
>>2986517
if you really want to use motorless nikkors, save for a full frame nikon body. it's heavier though.
>>
>>2986573
>>2986572
USE THE GODDAMN GEAR THREADS!!!
>>
>>2986574
you know you dont have to use a gear thread? the sticky even says that they realise its necessary. stop your screaming ffs. also i think ill save up and get a 7100/7200. Also i think ill buy a canon eos m mirrorless just to fuck about with the canon lenses on the cheap :)
>>
>>2986517
look for a d90 or d7000, second hand. Shouldn't cost more than 350 and 450 € $

Both are better than the 3300 and have motor.
>>
>>2986637
Get a D300s if you're going to get something as old as a D90. About the same price, vastly better camera for AF, AF speed, ergo, build, etc.
>>
>>2986574
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP FAGGOT!!!!!
>>
>>2986704
relax cunt

saged
>>
>>2986517

poorfag problems
>>
>>2986568
The latest canon crop sensor still doesn't even measure up to the 16mp sony sensor from 2011. They a joke.

>>2986576
A new sony mirrorless and sigma mc11 is a better choice for fucking around with canon lenses.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.