[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love my fuji x-e1 and all but its goddamn huge?! Was at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: d.jpg (397KB, 1600x1201px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
397KB, 1600x1201px
I love my fuji x-e1 and all but its goddamn huge?!
Was at the store and tried out the a6000, it feels so much lighter and less bulky and more responsive in a way. even saw the olympus em 10 mk2, which i thought looked enormous on pictures, and it was small as a toy!

why are the fuji mirrorless so large?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1600
Image Height1201
>>
Weak bait is weak
>>
Only mirror less designed for adult hands
>>
>>2984083
ok
>>
>>2984082
i bought it.
hated it's laggy evf and even liveview in general.
sold it with $30 loss in a week.
>>
>>2984087
what did you replace it with?
>>
what the fuck is the point of this thread?
>>
>>2984092
FUJI CAMERAS ARE XBAWKS HEUG
MORE AT 11
>>
>>2984092
to try and provoke isi
>>
>>2984091
Sony
>>
>>2984082
>why are the fuji mirrorless so large?
Because they don't have the know-how or resources to create modern electronics, like sony, who pretty much mastered small electronics through their smartphone division.
>>
>>2984082
>I love my fuji x-e1 and all but its goddamn huge?!
what's wrong with your brain that you think it's ok to write like that?
>>
>>2984118
What's wrong with your brain causing you to not understand spoken English written down?

Is it because you have no actual friends, so have forgotten how people talk?
>>
>people surprised that the 1st gen X series cameras are slow and heavy
They're cheap for a reason m80's.
>>
>>2984125
>hurr durr just because most people are retarded I should be too.
>>
>>2984125
>spoken English
People who speak likehat should kill them selves.
>>
>>2984082
You should give you Fuji to me if you don't like it
>>
>>2984082
My X-Pro1 fits in my coat pocket with relative ease with the 27mm pancake, I can easily fit another lens in my other pocket. Generally I do use a bag of some kind but the first gen X systems are far from big. There's certainly smaller mirrorless systems out there now but you're comparing first generation systems to systems that have been iterated on, it isn't really a very fair comparison.
>>
Any of y'alls fujifags had a contact problem between lens and body? My x-pro2 and 35mm f/2 don't want to play along, instead the camera goes into a loop where it flicks the finder on and off. Can be fixed temporarily by jerking the lens around a bit by the fixed ring.

I mean, guess it's maintenance time, right? Certainly this'll be covered by warranty, but also, what the fuck yo.
>>
>>2984187
clean the contacts with contact cleaner on the body and lens
>>
>>2984188
And if that doesn't work the warranty will cover it. If it was a Sony you void the warranty by taking it out of the box
>>
>>2984187
Brand new $3k body and lens,
Broken within the first 6 months.
Good fucking luck with the fuji warranty, they refused to fix my p&s camera because it had rust on one of the external screws, so it was "water damage".
>>
>>2984508
>Good fucking luck with the fuji warranty, they refused to fix my p&s camera because it had rust on one of the external screws, so it was "water damage".
You can't even get your story straight, you're roleplaying as a Sony user.
http://petapixel.com/2016/08/20/guy-says-sony-scammed-shares-customer-service-horror-story/

Fuji doesn't "refuse to fix" anything. They're known for the opposite.
Go roleplay elsewhere.
>>
>>2984511
So why did i get a repair report back from fuji saying they weren't going to fix it due to water damage?

It's got nothing to do with that guy, who clearly has water damage inside his body. Mine was just a rusty external screw.
>>
>>2984523
Was it though?
>>
>>2984523
Prove your claims.

>It's got nothing to do with that guy, who clearly has water damage inside his body. Mine was just a rusty external screw.
"When asking for proof, he was sent a photo of the bottom of his camera, where the small surface screws show corrosion Zakeri claims is due to the sea salt in the air in Hawaii where he lives and works. That “damage” was enough to void the warranty. Zakeri is out $3,000."

$3000. The amount you think an Xpro2 costs.
Huh. it's almost like you were recalling an article you read months ago but got the camera wrong.

Are you even a photographer or did you drift over from /v/?
>>
>>2984082
dude the x-e1 is hell old now, its like $300 lol
>>
>>2984529
I expected it to last a bit of drizzle desu...

>>2984530
This was about 7 years back before i took photography seriously
And i said the x pro 2 AND lens is 3k, i meant 2k.

Still, 2k lost in less than 6 months must sting.
>>
>>2984533
>This was about 7 years back before i took photography seriously
The Fuji X line was started 5 years ago.
Fuji was only making low-end compact cameras before that period, having stopped making DSLRs (just rebadged Nikons) a few years before.

So you're lying, or you have a 7 year grudge over Fuji not fixing your $150 Walmart Fuji P&S

My money is on lying, since you were clearly quoting the waterdamaged A7 article from memory.

Sorry you had to be embarassed like this, you pathologically lying little smugfag.
>>
>>2984536
I said it was a p&s in my first post you dumbass nigger.

And yes, if i get shit service from a company or they do shady shit i stop using them, i still don't use montana gold spray paint and that issue must be at least 15 years ago.
>>
>>2984565

Never have i seen the phrase "dumbass nigger" used so aptly, 5/7.
>>
>>2984565
You're only this angry because you were caught in a lie. Not even that guy.
>>
>>2984571
It's not a lie, what's so hard for you to grasp at warranties being voided by "water damage", you act like this isn't a scam that's been going on for years.

Fuji fever is at breaking point around here eh.
>>
>>2984571
>sony are bad because they don't warranty water damage
>sony guy that lives on the beach, y'all believe he didn't get direct water damage, despite the photos showing a salt buildup inside, despite it being a problem that "would" affect every sony user in a high humidity environment, no one else has reported the same issue.

>fuji are the best, nothing they do is bad
>refuse to believe they refused warranty service on a camera op admitted went out in rain.

This is why you're known as fujicucks.
>>
>>2984574
>>2984582
shut up sony cucks
>>
>>2984582
Fujifag here and a Sony shill to boot.

My XP2 wasn't covered under warranty for water damage despite being rated as "WR". Was in contact with moisture for under 15 seconds, all gaskets were sealed. Dried it off as best as I could and even removed the battery.
Turns out the gaskets failed on the battery door. They don't honour warranty or even repair anything they class as water damaged for cost. I'm not angry at them for not covering it, a little pissed that the gaskets failed but more annoyed that they wouldn't carry out a repair even for money.

People will re-use the same old stories over and over in arguments. It's why the only way to win is to not argue.
>>
>>2984833
>Fujifag here and a Sony shill to boot.
Prove it.
>>
>>2984838
I've proved it before in the past. I don't need to constantly keep proving this shit to you.
>>
>>2984860
Prove you don't.
>>
>>2984865
Nah m8. Not really feeling up for taking pictures of gear on a Saturday night.
I'm gonna snuggle up with my dakimakura and watch some anime.
>>
>>2984866
you said you already proved it, just repost it, you dont need a new photo
>>
>>2984867
You can just search the archives for me instead. Thanks.
>>
>>2984833
Nobody, absolutely nobody, offers a warranty that covers water damage to even environmentally sealed cameras.
>>
>>2984871
No shit. Want to tell me the weather forecast for an hour ago or something else equally as obvious?

If there were spoilers on /p/, there'd be some here but since there's not I'm going to have to spell this out for you. I only mentioned warranty because the other posters mentioned it.
>>
>>2984876
I like to cover my body in shit. Any kind of shit. Horse shit. Pig shit. Cow shit. Dog shit. Human shit.
I like to freeze sticks of stick in the freezer and reinsert it for sexual pleasure.

I only mentioned shit because you mentioned shit.
>>
>>2984885
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww shiiiiiiiiiiiiet.

We both just mentioning shit because some other goyim mentioned shit. We can be shit buddies who space dock together.
>>
uggh, cant decide whether to stay within fuji or go over to sony
>>
>>2984933
We care about you, anon! Share your thoughts and worries and the considerate members of /p/ will help you make the right decision
>>
>>2984933
There's been plenty of fuji vs sony threads, the best anti sony argument so far has been you can't set a custom button to switch between evf and liveview.

The anti fuji arguments are long and varied, overpriced, no upgrade path, no 3rd party anything, no flash system, no pro lenses, no software support, no ergonomics, no affordable lenses, no ibis, no full frame, it's a dying mount, no electronic lens adapters, no video.
>>
>>2984933
As long as you don't base your final decision on anything written in this forum you'll be ok.
>>
>>2984933
How bad of a photographer are you? If you suck real hard go sony, if youre just mediocre stay with fuji
>>
>>2984117
they are all off the shelves.
they don't make shit.
>>
>>2984833
get a bentax next time.
>>
>>2984933
Fuji has 3 lenses for release on their roadmap for all of 2016 and 2017, sony have 6 coming out in the first 6 months of '17.

Fuji have no 3rd party lenses out in' 17, sony have at least 12.

Hopefully this is an indicator of how much a sinking ship x mount is, sony are getting new lenses at approximately 16 times the rate of fuji.
>>
>>2985213
Why do you need new lenses? You sonycucks are treating your cameras like an electronic consumer product rather than a tool
>>
>>2985213
Source?

I smell hyperbole
>>
>>2985213
same for their cameras. new camera is always better.. sony serves its stupid customers.
>>
>>2985220
http://thenewcamera.com/sony-fe-lenses-coming-in-2017/

http://www.apotelyt.com/i1/fujifilm-roadmap-2016-07-960x640.jpg

The 12 3rd party are from voigtlander, tokina, venus, sigma among others.
>>
Complete ignorant here. Redpill me on this article http://petapixel.com/2016/04/04/sonys-full-frame-pro-mirrorless-fatal-mistake/
>>
>>2985218
Because a lens fundamentally changes the image being produced...

It's the same reason i have 100+ attachments for my dremel. 4 different hammers, a whole selection of pliers, etc.
The thing with tools is, it's ALWAYS better if you have EXACTLY the right tool, go one size too small on your screwdriver and it will still screw, but you have a far greater chance of slipping off/stripping the head, and then you need to get a power drill out, turning a 1 minute job with lovely clean results into a 2 hour hackathon.

>>2985229
Dude has a fundamental misunderstanding of optics.
Sony had to prioritise large, pro quality lenses, because those were the people buying into sony. Also, we have LOTS of experience in retrofocal lens design - a limitation brought over from the days of slr's, to allow the platform to grow it's important to cater to as many people as possible as quickly as possible, so the designs were barely changed from their dslr version. However if we look at voigtlander and leica, they give an indication of how compact mirrorless lenses can be, just compare the sony 28mm f2 (a modern lens designed for short flange distances) to the sigma 28 f1.8 (retrofocal dslr model) the sigma is more than double the weight and nearly double the length (well over double if we're talking sensor plane to end of lens) not to mention significantly more expensive and with significantly worse results.

The mirrorless design allows for MUCH more flexibility with lens design leading to better results, as can be seen with sonys GM range, which annihilate the canikon competition.

Eventually we will see smaller lenses designed around being compact and high quality, similar to the pentax ltd range.
>>
>>2985227
Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but this is very much rumour vs confirmed.

Would love to see a 24-105 in FE.
>>
>>2985218
Did we now go from "Sony has no lenses" to "Sony is getting too many lenses"? Kek be praised.

I think you also got it the wrong way around. Consumer electronic products typically have very few attachments that change its function. Not much you can easily change in a microwave. Now my calligraphy set...
>>
>>2985239
>The mirrorless design allows for MUCH more flexibility with lens design leading to better results, as can be seen with sonys GM range, which annihilate the canikon competition.

You fucking imbecile. Even if Sony's lenses are better, they don't "annihilate" anything. Stop being a faggot.
>>
>>2985452
My Goodness, well someone is certainly triggered. Has his use of the word "annihilate" given you PTSD yet?
>>
op got himself a used a6000 to see for himself if its worth changing to it

will be easy to sell the other camera, whichever it is. but you can continue your fights.
>>
>>2985452
show me an autofocus wide angle full frame lens f2 or faster that weighs 200g or less and has class leading performance on a dslr, it's all thanks to the flexibility of a non arbitrarily oversized flange distance.
>>
>>2985218
I can only understand this argument when it's bodies. Why keep upgrading over and over? Each one does the same thing, just slightly better.

Lenses, on the other hand, are at the very core of photography. They are what assembles the light to be scanned, generating most of the qualities of your image. What lens you have dictates what you can actually do. It doesn't matter what body you have, if you want to do wide angle interior photography and only have a short tele, you're going to do insane amounts of stitching and probably investing in pano equipment just to take the shot.
>>
>>2984833
>or even repair anything they class as water damaged for cost.
Wait, so they refused to repair your camera, even if you paid for it?

Where are you located?
Because that is shitty service.
>>
>>2985528
I used to work in the phone industry and can shed some light on this, once water has touched a circuit board and electricity is passed through the water will begin to corrode it, and won't stop even after it's evaporated as it's created a weak point now covered in salts. So if there's 3 pcbs, and you replace one and it starts working, 3 months later the other 2 will probably die.

Replacing all the parts in a camera is significantly more expensive than a complete new one, and so gets put down as BER, beyond economical repair.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.