[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Months exposure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: SS Great Britain sml 4 wb.jpg (28KB, 700x501px) Image search: [Google]
SS Great Britain sml 4 wb.jpg
28KB, 700x501px
What do you think about a 6 (or more) months exposure photography? Have you ever tried it? Seems fun and unpredictable, if you have some OC post it here
>>
I'll post something found on google
>>
>>
>>2984062
What sort of film would you use? It's probably an obvious question, but surely you would need to extremely low sensitivity film (like iso >1) and a microscopic aperture pinhole thing?

I'm probably missing something here
>>
Never tried. The sun patterns aren't unpredictable, but it's very nice to see how they draw the sky in a single frame.
also, what do you need to this kind of exposure?
>>
>>2984071
Over such long timeframes I can imagine doing it with digital camera and a cheap trick. technically just take an ultralong timelapse sequence with a pic like every 3 minutes and then layering it.
>>
>>2984072
Just looked it up, apparently it's done using a beer can (hence the curved shape of the image) and oldschool photo paper.

The paper is placed inside the pinhole beer can for six months, and instead of being developed at the end, it is merely scanned in a dark-ish room.

The paper is exposed for so long that a negative image becomes etched into it, no development required. Pretty neat
>>
>>2984074
>The paper is exposed for so long that a negative image becomes etched into it, no development required. Pretty neat

Anon you're blowing my fucking mind.
>>
OP here, i've made this thread for advices because i want to try it. Apparently like >>2984074 said, it's possible by using only a beer can, there's a video tutorial. My main worry is the photo paper, i'm afraid that after 6 months it will be only an overexposed piece of paper without a real subject.
A nice thing to do is that everyone here make a beer can pinhole and we see results 6 months from now
>>
>>2984100
as said before, you don't develop it - it gets enough light over the span of the project that the image becomes visible on its own, enough silver to form a visible negative. Photo paper doesnt darken that fast - take a piece and leave it in some place like a corridoor, where direct sunlight doesnt reach it, and see how long it takes to turn black. report back when you get bored waiting.

People need to understand the difference between overexposing the latent image and darkening undeveloped paper.
>>
>>2984101
Thank you for your tips, anon! I'll do it as soon as i can
>>
>>2984103
Not anon but !kurwaRB7YU, sorry!
>>
what about doing a bulb exposure of a camera with a bunch of nd filters? Make a box which is on a timer to close in 6 months
>>
>>2986723
you'd probably have to take some test exposures to get some averages on the amount of light you'll get per day, then calculate how long the exposure could actually be before the film gets overexposed
>>
some other photos i found
http://www.willgudgeon.co.uk/photo_15059454.html
>>
>>298410
This seems very interesting! I'm in. I absolutely don't know anything about photographic paper but I want to try.
>>
>>2984100
Im game to try it

If you post anymore info id love to get started I have some fresh fuji crystal archive lustre paper lying around. I may build a full 8x10 enclosure and try that along with a can.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.