[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Kubrick was meant to be such a genius / autist when it came

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

If Kubrick was meant to be such a genius / autist when it came to composition, what the hell is with this shot?

> those unconverging verticals
> The paintings have been cropped out when they clearly would have fit slightly above eye level.
>>
>>2982021
the paintings arent important in the shot as much as the sense of space is
>>
Cuz he's not a contrived hack like Wes Anderson.
>>
>>2982021
It's fucking perfect you cretin.
>>
>>2982021
>headless portraits
>drunk guys
>no connection can be drawn
visual illiterate
>>
>>2982047
op is retarded
>>2982021
op youre retarded that shot is goat
>>
>>2982047
>obvious isi-wannabe
>>
>>2982041
>the sense of space
The relative scales of things look as pissed as the blokes. ie the distance between blue sleepy pisshead and the table on the left or cardman with the hat looks greater than it really should
>>
stfu pleb
>>
I always thought Kubrick was overrated as a visual storyteller until I finally got around to watching Barry Lyndon. You can pick apart the visuals of his other movies, but Barry Lyndon is a fucking moving painting.

I know this is a troll thread, so I'm really just using this space for a blog post.
>>
>>2982105
It took me several years and getting my wisdom teeth pulled to finally make the time to sit through Barry Lyndon.

And I am so glad that I did. It's the definition of masterpiece, likely the most beautiful movie I've ever watched, and the story is good too.
>>
>>2982044
Maybe people can have different goals.
>>
>>2982021

literally his most visually beautiful film.
>>
>>2982185
*cough* 2001 *cough* *cough*
>>
>>2983286
*COUGH* STUPID FUCKING FAGGOT WHO DOESNT KNOW THINGS *COUGH COUGH COUGH SPIT*
>>
>>2983325
*COUGH* STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS *COUGH* *FARTS* *LEAKS PISS*
>>
I'll be watching it over the weekend. Good tip faggots.
>>
>>2983328

*COUGH* *COUGH* EDIT: THANKS FOR THE GOLD! *COUGH* *CUMS*
>>
>>2983325
2001 was fucking great. Shut your whore mouth.
>>
This frame in itself is a painting
>>
Kubrick is that glove on the floor at MoMA.
>>
>>2983325
What exactly don't I know? Please inform me.
>>
Watch Barry Lydon if you haven't.

Also Lawrence of Arabia (it's even better)
>>
>>2982044

> implying that films are not contrived by their directors

anderson's perfectionism is not for the sole purpose of making better or more pleasing shots. He does those things, but more importantly his perfectionism is a narrative device that sheds light on social themes in the story through the implementation of its timing and placement.
>>
>>2986366

well too bad he cant let go of his "authoral contrivedness" and that leaves us with fake feeling films bordering parody and cynism.
>>
>>2986375
that may be your experience, which is unfortunate. I find (most of) his films to be incredibly sincere. The contrast between his "fakeness" (which is intentional) and the sincerity of his narrative is beautiful IMO. That isn't always a good thing, but in his case I think it is. Also, his cynicism is at its worst still playful and lighthearted
>>
>>2982185
newfag here, what's the name of the movie? I don't recognize it by this photo
>>
File: kubrick.jpg (48KB, 730x409px) Image search: [Google]
kubrick.jpg
48KB, 730x409px
>>2982021
Looks a'right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flq0t4jrqJQ

>>2986407
Barry Lyndon
>>
>>2986407

it's in the fucking filename, newfag.

>>2986426

fuck off with your overlays and your sophomoric youtubery.
>>
>>2986474
ok, then here's the Vimeo link where it was stolen from.
https://vimeo.com/48425421
>>
>>2982047
op is braindead
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.