[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>photography photography photography photography photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (300KB, 597x596px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
300KB, 597x596px
>photography photography photography photography photography photography

Why don't you copy right your works?

Why don't you water mark your photos?

Why do you post your hard work for free, making it easy for others to take credit for it and use it as they pIease?

Why do peopIe compIain when someone uses their non water marked works that they have not copy righted, even though they had the chance to do so?
>>
>>2980992
Simple, I take photos nobody would ever want.
>>
>>2980992
I only publish in relatively small size, so the photos aren't really useful for anything serious. I don't think of photography as work, it's my hobby, and I could never make money out of it around here anyway. Also I shoot most of my serious stuff on film, which means I can always produce the originals for proof if I see the need to dispute.

>that they have not copy righted
I don't know about the legislation in your shithole of a country, but around here copyright is a natural attribute of the photo which is established the moment it is created. Your photos are ALWAYS copyrighted to you unless you specifically state that you forfeit that right in publishing terms, as in declaring them public domain. This is why I never develop rolls I get along with used cameras, because the photos are still copyrighted to whoever originally took them, and even them forfeiting the camera and the roll inside it does not invalidate this.
>>
>>2980992

the day someone steals my photos to get money out of them in their stock photo websites is the day i literally kill myself and then sell all my cameras.

anyone who has had to deal with such stuff should be aware that they are generic snapshitters and the blandest fuckers ever.
>>
>>2980992
I don't watermark because that shit is so easy to photoshop out.

It makes it much more worth your while to have your name as the "author" in every file, and never to upload large or full size images to the web. Also never fall into the trap of submitting photos to some place like a news agency unless they offer pay, if that matters to you. I'm seeing this increasing trend of news pages and individual anchor/weatherman pages on Facebook accepting photo submissions for their free journ...err excuse me, to "give the photographers exposure".
>>
>>2980994
this
best copyright system ever
>>
if anyone has a night photo they have zero use for and havent posted it anywhere, id glady take it. i need it for class tomorrow and im sick as fuck.
>>
>>2981051
I ain't giving my photo to a sick fuck like you!
>>
>>2981058
ill jump this 6set with my flowboard for it.
>>
>>2981051
Are you the same anon from the /r9k/ thread?
Wish I could help but unfortunately I cannot.
>>
My own two cameras are a Samsung Galaxy S6, and a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80.

If someone used my photos for their own personal profit, I would be kind of mad, but also kind of confused that they even wanted them in the first place.

I've literally had a $400 car stolen from me once. It was so shitty that I actually got it back with a full tank of gas. I was annoyed that I was late for work that day, but then I laughed at the very fact that someone stole it, THEN put money into it.
>>
>>2981009
>It makes it much more worth your while to have your name as the "author" in every file

That can be removed in seconds though. What benefit does it serve?
>>
>>2981302

thats hilarious. what car was it?
>>
>>2980992
Well you posted a photo that clearly needs no protection.
But why does it matter to you what others do with their photos?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.