[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

raw quextion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

when ive finished with the raw editor in photoshop and press done and open the image in the normal workspace.

is it still in editable raw format? or does it like get flattened ?

can I make some adjustments with filters and shit and then go back to the raw editor?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2010:08:07 14:53:05
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width500
Image Height331
>>
until you export it into a lossy format you shouldn't see any changes or loss of detail or anything
>>
No, when you open it in the photoshop workspace it's just a rasterized image, not the raw data. You can still use the raw editor and it's useful but you don't get the wealth of information that raw has.

>>2976679
wrong
>>
>>2976681
Not if you open it as a smart object instead of rasterizing it
>>
>>2976682
Oh yeah true, I didn't think about that.
But you can you apply the adjustments and shit to the smart object and see those in the ACR?
>>
>>2976683
I dunno I haven't tried. It's definitely a better workflow though because once you get processed enough you can just rasterize it anyways
>>
this seems like a good thread to ask: is it possible, as long as all your edits are made in layers (they should always be, right?), to go back and edit the raw file that lies as a foundation?

also is there an effective way for opening a raw from lightroom as a smart obj. in photoshop?
>>
>>2976699
regarding q1: i know its possible, but is there an good way to do it that fits in an effective workflow?.
>>
>>2976699
It'd just be easier to stage your edits to a process but it takes a little practice

The good news is you can always just edit quickly to find out your end goal and then start out from scratch the proper way
>>
>>2976699
I cant answer the lightroom question cos I don't use it atm.
but I think >>2976682
answered the other bit.
when you open the raw in photoshop it opens in the raw editor, you then alt click open image and it opens as an editable raw image.

you can then do stuff on layers above it and it should keep the raw editable.

but the only issue with that I could imagine being, if you made a drastic change to the raw and you had been say cloning, the clone wouldn't match.

a practical example I can think of being, you open your raw in photoshop as a smart object, you want to photshop something out like a cable or something.

then you decide you want to do a slight change to the raw file, say exposure or colour temp. the clean up you made of the cable on the layers above wouldn't match.

and I imagine you cant apply your edits and still have raw editing capability.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.