[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am looking for some assistance in trying to figure out the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1024px-Polaroid_667_IMGP1864_WP.jpg (176KB, 1024x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Polaroid_667_IMGP1864_WP.jpg
176KB, 1024x1175px
I am looking for some assistance in trying to figure out the current mess of instant photo film.

I owned a Polaroid instant camera back in the mid 90's, but rarely used it.

I recently bought a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8, and that thing was a POS. The flash always stayed on, overexposed every single outdoor shot, film jammed, exposure settings didnt work, it was a shit camera. When it did take pics, it was actually decent, and how I remember Polaroid being.

I am looking for a modern Polaroid, or any other instant print camera that has inexpensive film. Not trying to pay $1+ per print.

I still have that old Polaroid camera of mine, I think it was 600 series. Polaroid stopped making film for it, but I hear that some start ups are making film for it again. Is this true? Is it expensive?
>>
Apart from Instax and the Leica Sofort, which also takes Instax film, you can only buy polaroid film from Impossible Project. This is probably the startup you mean. Their film sucks and you pay ~20 dollarideuros for 8 shots that usually look like someone pissed on a post-it.
>>
>>2975850
thats a nice looking box o' polaroid
>>
There is no mess.

Polaroid doesn't make film anymore. If you want to use an old polaroid camera, you have to use impossible project, which is extremely expensive ($3 a frame) and not instant (20-30 minutes for full development) and might fade with time.

Fujifilm makes Instax film, which is still expensive ($1 a frame for wide, about $0.60 for mini), but actually pretty instant and more durable. Instax cameras are cheap plastic hunks of junk with very little control and more expensive than a $25 polaroid camera. No one knows why Fujifilm hasn't released a more serious camera. There are a couple of third party options from Lomo and Mint, but neither one offers true manual control. I have seen some polaroid land cameras retrofitted to accept instax, but that's a gamble and who knows how good the results are.

Peel apart film is basically dead and going through a surge in inflation and will continue to do so until the stock is depleted.

Instant film has historically NEVER been cheap or all that good. Pretty sure it's been about a buck a frame for the last three decades or so, so if anything it's gotten cheaper relative to inflation.
>>
>>2975904
>impossible project, which is extremely expensive ($3 a frame) and not instant (20-30 minutes for full development) and might fade with time.
well fucking shit. I just looked those prices up. $28 for 8 prints, and 30 minute exposure time. WTF

I did like the Fujifilm prints, but that camera sucked so much. I returned it all. heard from a friend who has the same issues. flash always on, overexposed outdoor shots.

are there any portal printer cameras and/or docks still around?
I'm looking to do a small art project that I failed at the first time, thanks to the damn shit fujifilm.

I was considering a portal printer and just print the pics out right there, but this has to be battery powered, and not cost me too much.
>>
>>2975907

Yep, the fujifilm sp2 prints directly onto instax mini. The only problem is that you might find that mini is too small. I do.
>>
>>2975912

Oh, and there's also the canon selphy which prints 4x6" photos straight from your phone at 600 dpi for about 27 cents a frame.
>>
>>2975912
>fujifilm sp2
ohhh. that's nice. a bit expensive, but I can choose what photos to print. neat
>>
>>2975916
If you're murrican, it's a bit cheaper right now. Overall it is expensive, I've been putting off one for a while now.
>>
>>2975923
well I spent $200 on the camera, and 200 insta film that I ended up returning.

If I can get a portable printer, and at least 100 prints for similar dough, and just simply use my camera phone to take, select, and print shots, I would go that route. As long as it can be done around 1 minute.
>>
>>2975924

Yeah, the canon selphy will do that. A pack of 108 frames and the ink is only $28 on amazon. You have to buy the $50 battery to make it portable, though, and I'm not sure it works with android.
>>
>>2975926
How does it stand up to a very dusty harsh environment?
>>
>>2975927

Beats me. Probably not great.
>>
>>2975928
yeah, the other thing this needs to stay alive at Burning Man. I can kinda cover it, but dust is gonna get inside.

How does it print? What method does it use?
>>
What about this?
https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-Instax-Mini-Neo-Classic/dp/B00FR85IRK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVfWUuenLsk

Seems like its the good version of the camera. Great reviews, and it uses the mini film
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.