[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Does Sony Get Hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 18

First off it was because they had no lenses.
So Sony brought out the best OEM lenses on the market

Then they had the issue of the shit minolta flash shoe
So they swapped it for something more conventional

Then Sony is ruined because of compressed raw
So they gave the option to use uncompressed

Then Sony was bad because they all corrode.
But no-one can get past the one example on the internet from some dude that lives on the coast and admitted to using the gear when in the sea.

We've now got people saying they suck because you can't assign a button to manually switch between evf and rear screen, despite the fact the auto switch works just fine.

Are you just grasping at straws, or are there genuine reasons to not choose sony?
>>
File: IMG_5282.jpg (37KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5282.jpg
37KB, 625x626px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width625
Image Height626
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2975677
Maybe it`s just you that pisses people off.

If you shut the fuck up about Sony perhaps everyone else will
>>
>>2975680
I'm just asking a question bro, why are the anti sony people so angry always? You didn't even get round to trying to answer the question.
>>
>>2975684
BECAUSE YOU WON`T SHUT THE FUCK UP. IF YOU SHUT UP EVERYONE ELSE WILL.
>>
because sony shitposters are the most notably autistic

to them more of anything is better regardless of the application
>>
>>2975677
Hi Moopco, do you remember that thing about the taxes? I asked around a few friends and one of them in the local government office liked the idea. Going to mention this to her boss, you see it is already going up the chain.
All it needs is a government push on the site operators and you will receive a hefty tax penalty, probably in the five to six figures range.
Have fun, I can tell I am already enjoying this :^)
>>
>>2975694
Triggered

>>2975698
Really triggered

>>2975704
So triggered it keeps them up, thinking of ways to exact revenge.

I ain't got shit to say about any brand, but you guys already lost.
>>
>>2975718
>why does sony get hate?
>here's why sony gets hate
>all you guys are triggered sony wins again

this is why sony gets hate

or am I just triggered for trying to show you this
>>
>>2975721
>product x is bad because some people like it and talk about it.

Great logic, faggit.
>>
>>2975704
Lol, what are you gonna do,

"excuse me sir, I promise he was taking cash under the table for work whilst on benefits."

"OK, got proof"

"yeah, look at his fuckin' dope camera"

roflkeks
>>
>>2975723
you're deflecting

stay on topic here

>why does sony get hate?
>here's why sony gets hate
>all you guys are triggered sony wins again
>sony gets hate because people like you argue like this
>are you saying sony is bad because people like it and talk about it

no I'm saying you're annoying and people don't like sony because of people like you that constantly shitpost about it

and then you say

>oh so does that mean sony is bad because people shitpost about it

no my point is that you shitposters are annoying and it has nothing to do with sony aside from that's what you've chosen to try to use to shitpost with
>>
>>2975704
The day moop goes to prison for tax evasion is the day there's not one single sony post on /p/
>>
>>2975727
If you could move back onto topic that would be great.

The OP asked why people still recommend against getting sony gear when they've answered all the questions of their critics.

You just sound like a critic that's run out of things to disparage, so are now going against the users. That's pretty dumb, jus sayin.
>>
>>2975731
>Everyone that disagrees with me must be moop

Classic Isi.
>>
>>2975704
being this delusional
my dad works at NINTENDO OK I HAVE THE BEST TOYS
>>
Everyone who isn't olympus gets hate, as they should. dumb sonyposters take it personally tho
>>
>>2975704
Holy fuck, could you be any more triggered.
Just step away from the keyboard isi, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>2975753
Not isi. You know I get a reward for every such report? $50 right up and depending on the monetary leak I get extra, usually around $800-$1000.
Maybe more since this one is about a shitty asian company exploiting the National marketing system and robbing the People of the Nation from their freedom of choosing their own spending. This is a serious crime on the National consumers, well according to the recent politics. And I welcome Mr. Trumps help and efforts in cleansing the National market from these gook shills and freeloaders.
And you can be sure I spent my free $50 on a nice American meal of a hamburger in a nice traditional American restaurant.
It feels so damn good to serve this fine country. My country finally after these oppressive 8 years.
>>
>>2975694
So basically everyone hates sony, because they don't like hearing about sonys? Is that because you're mad you fell for the fuji meme? or what?

This thread wouldn't exist without people like you being butthurt about sony cameras
>>
>>2975861
You couldn't misunderstood more even if you tried.
We don't have a problem with Sony, we have a big problem with You! You and your non-stop shilling makes us hate you and subsequently makes us hate every post about Sony because you just can't shut the fuck up about it. Every post you make it is about Sony and how much you love it and how everything in the world is shit. Your absolute autism about a brand makes us hate you and the brand.
You made it happen, only You are the one to blame. But I guess you just going to fall back into defense and just move the goal posts like every time you did. You just can't face the facts and make up a world where everything you say is true and everyone else is false.
The sheer amount of time you sink into this is a telltale sign about you not having anything to do, you are probably NEET, living with parents and/or taken care of by someone else. You obviously have no friends and have very little connection to the outside world. hell could be your only connection is through the internet and this board. That is how empty your life is.
I only feel sorry for you, or would feel sorry if I gave a damn about you. Which I don't.
>>
>so they gave the option to use uncompressed
Not on all their cameras. So from a customer service standpoint some cameras still can only shoot uncompressed raw
>We've now got people saying they suck because you can't assign a button to manually switch between evf and rear screen, despite the fact the auto switch works just fine.
I've always said this. Other manufacturers offer this and it's actually a really useful thing to do if you're shooting in a cramped place to stop it auto switching or even save power by turning the EVF to eye sensor only.

Their menus and usability are still below the competition, some of the older cameras are incredibly slow to operate (Fuji, Canon and Olympus still have this issue to). Their firmware updates have been there albeit incredibly slow and sparse.Region locking your firmware is a bit of a shitty move too desu.

>>2975684
What if I'm not actually angry? It is possible to have feedback on cameras.
As someone with a Sony, I wouldn't buy another one of their cameras until the things they're bad at improve. It's the same reason I wouldn't buy a Canon right now either.
I shoot more film than digipleb anyway, so waiting for a manufacturer to git gud is a-ok in my book.
>>2975684
Question answered.

inb4 the following hot and spicy Sony shitposter memes:
>that's invalid because I said so
>I'm only doing this because it's so easy to prove people wrong
>avoiding addressing issues while continuing to reply and cast new bait
>>
>>2975873
>The sheer amount of time you sink into this is a telltale sign about you not having anything to do, you are probably NEET

Im actually not the same person you've been talking to, I just came across this thread. And no, I'm not a NEET, infact I, getting paid to take photos in chicago this weekend and puerto rico the weekend after that. I'm making a living what you do can only do as a hobby.

It's pretty sad that you think I'm a shill because I love my cameras. You look at it, like Im trying to shove these cameras down your throat or something. When the reality is that I'm so happy with my cameras that I'm actually that motivated to talk about it here. You obviously can't say the same, you've probably got a 5dmk2 (the last good camera canon made) or something similar. Nothing wrong with that. But canon and nikon aren't pushing any boundaries the last 5-8 years. Yeah sony has it's flaws, but they've got the features that canon and nikon won't have for a while. That's the only reason I can fathom you being that upset.

And all you can do on this board is be an anti-sony shill. You're stuck on this board wishing you could sell your snapshits for any money, but only your friends and parents say "oh wow, Anon, thats a good picture of a homeless person" and you post some on here, hoping for some (you)s. Just imagining that some day you'll break out and be a pro street photographer. But instead, you seek out sony threads, and get triggered that someone likes a camera that you wish you had. Dude, just go buy an adapter and an a6000 or used a7. You can use your lenses. There's no need to be angry. And the good thing about this being an anonymous board is that you can start posting sony photos and nobody will know that you were butt hurt about it the day before. Just go pick one up if you supposedly have a real job, $600 shouldnt be hard to swing for a new camera. I won't tell anyone, I promise.
>>
>>2975874
I guess I can understand the menus. But seriously, if you can't use a menu, you've probably got some bigger problems. Or there's just too many options for you.
>>
>>2975879
nice try poopscoop
>>
File: 14728294746.jpg (177KB, 1302x891px) Image search: [Google]
14728294746.jpg
177KB, 1302x891px

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1302
Image Height891
>>
>>2975770
I get $100 every time someone has an emotional breakdown over sony goods, between here and vg i make a small fortune.

>>2975873
>3 paragraphs of vitriol over advertising
>I'm the one who's unhinged
Lollerkeks

>>2975874
>wah wah, they didn't give uncompressed on out of production low end models
And canikon don't gimp their bodies through software? It's not like canon had to have third party firmware for better image quality or anything, did it occur to you that sony uses hardware based compression methods in some of its earlier models, were you expecting them to give hardware upgrades to old bodies too?
>actually whining about no set button to switch from evf to rear screen
The rear screen uses less power than the evf budzilla.
>usability
I've owned pentax and nikon, i own sony and fuji bodies now, nothing comes close to sony for usability, it's the first body I've used where customisation completely negates ever having to use the menus or use a shift key; changing flash comp, ibis fl correction, af modes, focus peaking, etc is all just one button away. The trick is to set your custom modes to different scenarios, i have one for flash work, one for autofocus run & gun, and one for fully manual, it's a dream to use. How many custom dials and buttons do you have, is it 3 dials, 9 buttons and a fn button that brings up a customisable menu with 8 more options? Between 2 cameras ive had 5 firmware updates in 2 years, each one bringing significant changes - name one significant change any other company has introduced in a fw update.
>as someone with a sony
Lol, liar, timestamp or suck a dick.
>>2976231
I'm not moopco you delusional old bat.
>>
>>2976238
>plz gibbe safespace, i can't cope with people liking things I'm jealous of.
>>
>>2976238
Kek
Get triggered
>>
>>2976247
>>2976285
>>
>>2976296
(triggered)
>>
>>2976296
>taking the bait every time.
>>
>>2976244
>name one significant change any other company has introduced in a fw update.
Every Fuji update ever.
But just as an example: http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujifilm_x_e2/features/page_08.html
>>
>>2976247
>>2976285
>>2976297
>>2976302
samefag pls leave
>>
>>2976313
(TRIGGERED)
>>
>>2976313
2 of those are me, and it's my thread.

I would tell you to leave my thread, but sony users don't need safe spaces
>>
>>2975677
>So Sony brought out the best OEM lenses on the market
how do you say this without laughing?

enjoy your nex, don't worry about everyone else
>>
>>2976332
Show me any lens that outperforms it's Sony GM equivalent
>>
>>2975677
Piss babies hating Sony because they invested thousands into canikon and can't handle the ass blasting.
>>
File: 1424550953086.gif (2MB, 387x269px) Image search: [Google]
1424550953086.gif
2MB, 387x269px
>mfw I shoot a Ricoh GR
>mfw I constanly watch Sony, Fuji and DSLR fags argue on pee
>>
>>2975677
because Sony are shit. numbers over artistry = gauranteed trash
>>
>>2976332
HAHAH! This fag thinks canons L glass is better than the G master series! HAHAHAHAHHAHAH!

maybe if canon comes out with new versions of all their L lenses they'll compete. but its just not going to happen soon.

>>2976395
That's exactly it. but I keep trying to explain to them, you can use your old lenses on the sonys! Come on over, just go pick up a used a7 on craigslist and give it a go. You won't regret it
>>
>>2975677
Because of the Sony "tax" which works in more or less the same way as Apple... Says the Apple quality
>>
>>2976305
Pentax enabled its new mount compatibility for its older cameras and maybe more will have it.
>>
>>2976499
What do you mean by "the sony tax"?
>>
>>2976244
>'m not moopco you delusional old bat.
Lol, yes you are. Everyone knows it
>>
>>2976477
No moop, never even mentioned Canon, sorry for your rage. Enjoy your nex
>>
>>2976514
He means he thinks sony overcharge for their gear, despite having the most affordable bodies when you compare specs. The good lenses are expensive, but not significantly more than canikons counterparts were at release (70-200 2.8 ranges from 2250 at launch for canon to 2500 for the sony with the nikon at 2400).

What they don't have is an "I'm a poorfag" range of shit & or crop lenses as they're a false economy.

>>2976550
You're such an angry young girl.
>>
>>2976408
So does your nikon come with extra artistry?
Do you actually think the quality of an artists work is dependent on miniscule differences in the tools they use?

Spot the queer with all the gear and no idea.

>>2976477
>it's not going to happen soon
Canon have announced a new 70 200 is coming as the sony absolutely trashed theirs, it's also gonna be a good 15% more $ than sonys.
>>
>>2975680
It's a Sony.
>>
>>2976663
I guess that's understandable. I'll agree that they don't have a huge selection of lenses for E-mount, but it is new. And the lenses they are coming out with are quite expensive, however I think that will be the price of the new generation of lenses. Canon's new lenses will probably be as expensive if not more when they eventually come out with versions to support 50mp or whatever they're planning. I think the sony bodies are a fairly decent price for the most part
>>
>>2976714
>I'll agree that they don't have a huge selection of lenses for E-mount, but it is new.

Six years old is not new
>>
>>2976714
> I'll agree that they don't have a huge selection of lenses for E-mount
Third parties are making this one of the most rapidly growing (in terms of lens selection) mount ever. I think there are more than 150 lenses already.

More important to me and many others, they also did manage to drop a good number of (mainly prime) lenses that beat Canon's / Nikon's and everyone else's consumer portable high end. That's what is one of the coolest bits about the E-mount.

>>2976715
Most people and 3rd parties only really started taking the system seriously around the release of the A6000, A7 and A7S and Samsung's virtual exist from the market. Before that it wasn't even very obvious that Sony would get good market share.

Like 80 or so lenses were announced and released only in the last 2 years.
>>
>>2976742
>I think there are more than 150 lenses already.
O rly?
>>
>>2976782
not him, but will be next year.
35 Sony branded
72 3rd party lenses listed on wikipedia not including cine lenses or color variations
2 tc's
4 front of lens adaptors
Plenty more being announced in February.

>>2976715
>6 years old is not new
>nikon f mount - 57 years old
>pentax K mount - 41 years old
>Canon EF mount - 29 years old

yet Sony have a larger and better selection than Pentax, and canikon can't match Sony's performance on the big sellers (24-70, 70-200, 85mm, short tele macro, nifty fifty, 50 1.4, 35mm 1.4 and 2.8, etc)
>>
>>2976791
>yet Sony have a larger and better selection than Pentax, and canikon can't match Sony's performance on the big sellers (24-70, 70-200, 85mm, short tele macro, nifty fifty, 50 1.4, 35mm 1.4 and 2.8, etc)

five shekels have been deposited into your account
>>
>Why Does Sony Get Hate?

because every thread where fuji or sony get mentioned it just turns into a shitfest

some days there's more sony shitposting threads than there are photo threads

>>2971277
>>2976480
>>2975406
>>
>>2976807
>some days there's more sony shitposting threads than there are photo threads
>taking photos with your camera
>not arguing about the other brand online to hide your buyers remorse
lmao, what kind of nerd takes photos
>>
>>2976794
>can't argue points
>call op a jew

Can you not come up with a more original way of conceding in defeat?
>>
>>2976791
Might include e-mount adapters with a lens, and front of lens adapters specific to E-mount lenses.

Certainly the cine lenses. And the quite many (Zonlai, Kaxinda, unbranded, Meike, Neewer, Zhongyi Mitakon, SLR Magic ...) generally not particularly great asian lenses which have an e-mount.
>>
It's because Sony treats their cameras like smartphones and not actual cameras. Being a consumer electronics company they are so far removed from the actual photography industry they think they can sidestep what actual photographers want out of a system. It's been "successful" because this generation is a bunch of followers but Sony as a """professional""" camera manufacturer and the E-Mount in general will not be around in a decade or less. It's a frivolous system that benefits massively from planned obsolescence and a consumerist-oriented society.
Cameras aren't and shouldn't be treated like smartphones, computers/laptops, TV's, tablets, etc They have terrible customer service because they just don't care about their products once it's left their warehouses and you've paid for it. They are such a massive company it's not even worth their time to deal with this tiny subdivision of their main profits. They'd rather just release another camera and have people buy into it's hype than fix a reoccurring issue with a previous model.

That's what sets Sony apart, if Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Pentax, whoever has issues with their cameras that's a big problem because they don't have anything else to fall back on. Obviously all those companies do more than just cameras and lenses but if Canon starts getting known for having problems with their cameras that make them highly unstable or unusable well I can guarantee you that Canon won't be around for much longer as a company, cameras are these other manufacturer's livelihoods. Sony has their spoon in too many pots, they will never be able to offer what an actual camera manufacturer can and will offer.
>>
>>2977362
>>2977362
Basically this. Sony are a consumer electronics firm, same as Panatragic, hence why none of their cameras feel like anything more than a gadget. Pantecks, Fuji, and Lolympus have the most authentic camera feels, Canon & Nikon are the big boys that cater to the sport, wildlife, and journo shooters (generally).

Sony and Panasonic are just box movers. They care more about TVs, games consoles, and Blu-ray players etc.

Sony will always produce consumer tier products for consumer tier plebs. They give more fucks about video cameras than they do still cameras, it's just how it is, deal with it.

>hurr duuurr, muh A6300 is the best thing since sliced bread

It isn't. It takes nice photos, but it's a fucking block of soul-less, consumer tier, shite. Now fuck off to the DPR forums, cos that's where you gearfagging Sony shills belong.
>>
>>2977362
>planned obsolescence
You talk a bit too big here, don't you?

It's just a short product cycle and mostly customers cucked into upgrading.
>Don't be a cuck

I am super satisfied with a RX100 I that I bought used, having fall damage. I also dropped the 7D and 6D. The 7D's body had a larger gap on the bottom side and the 6D had nothing beside a scratch. The color on the 5D3 leaves me dissatisfied, as it wears off in the rucksack. My father's camera looks really bad although it is hardly used.
>>
>>2977386
Canon cares more about laser printers

Nikon cares more about getting sony to make their sensors for them

Your argument is really poor. Because they do other things, they can't make a camera??
>>
1) Sony brandfags that have to inject their Brand into every discussion or bring it up out of the blue with No informative value or serious Diskussion.
2) Sony's generally incredibly shitty customer Relations, across all subsedaries. From Sony cameras to PlayStation and the former Service Sony Online Entertainment. Sony's customer data got hacked several times and they paid Tech outlets to not Run stories about it rather than improve on their security. They also don't persecute phishing as stringent as they should. If there is a shitty Business practices that fucks over the customer, Sony is probably employing it right now.
>>
>>2977544
You act like sony cameras is even remotely related to sony playstation. They have the same name, but are different companies, you fucking retard. There are different people in charge.

Canon and nikon arent even big enough for their shit to get hacked. There is literally nothing to hack, with the exception of maybe their fucking news letter

>hi valued customer! I know we released the 5dmk2 4 years ago, and the wait is finally up! Now introducing, the 5dmk3!!! It has the same sensor! It still does 1080! it's basically the same body! But!!! it has new badges! Please spend $3k on it!

>Check in, in 5 years for something new! We might even upgrade it!

Can't wait for them to hack that!
>>
>>2977386
>believing inanimate electronic objects have a soul.

>having different sensor versions for different scenarios so you can always have a body suited to the situation that's familiar and uses the same lenses
>they make gadgets not cameras for photographers.

>>2977362
>sony are a giant company with multiple divisions
>therefore their camera department that provides the best technology to every other mfg doesn't care and isn't competitive.
>frivolous
>fastest selling system of all time.

>other mfgs address their issues
>canon still has shit sensors
>pentax still have no lenses
>fuji still cheat iso, have no flash system, have no pro zooms, shit ergonomics, raw files don't work properly in 3rd party software
>nikon are still more confusing than a thai brothel

Sony had no lenses, so they made the best in the world
Sony had compressed raw, so they did a retrospective fw update for the bodies that can handle uncompressed
Sony had slow af, now it's faster than most dslrs and more accurate than any dslr
Sony had issues with ergo on the a7, so they massively improved it on the a7ii
Sony also have many features that others fail to offer, in a package much smaller and offered huge improvements with every iteration.
>>
>>2977650
First, Just because other companies aren't prfect doesn't mean that Sony isn't shit in 3 more different ways. Stop trying to distract
It's a lot of coincidences for "unrelated" companies with the same name to Act the same shitty way every Single time they fuck up. Havent Seen an area of Hardware/Software where Sony isn't shit and sonyfans aren't butthurt shills.
OP asked for a reason why sony is hated and I have one.
Also, Canon and Nikon both have customer databases you retard, especially for customer services and from the company Forums. Plus subscription for Newsletter or the sponsored magazines
Arguing that other companies don't fuck up as hard because there is nothing to fuck is dumb. Sony does Bad within its own league when compared to similar companies.
>>
>>2977727
>wahwahwah, sony treats customers badly
>offers no evidence

Wasn't my experience, had an issue with 8 month old device (evf sensor failed), took it in, had a new, boxed replacement within 48 hours and I got to keep my old battery.
>>
>>2977386

>consumer tier products for consumer tier plebs

That is more of a Sony America issue.

In Japan for example, they have top tier service.
>>
>>2977727

>implying a customer database and newsletter is something Sony lacks

They have both though? Since many places started doing illumination, they recently sent out a newsletter on the best ways to take photos of these types of events alovg with post processing tips.

Also get a mail every week or so with general news on alpha products and customer shots along with events.
>>
>>2977386
>It isn't. It takes nice photos, but it's a fucking block of soul-less, consumer tier, shite
>muh camera is an alive entity
fuckin' roflkeks

>Now fuck off to the DPR forums, cos that's where you gearfagging Sony shills belong.
Really? I thought 4chan was where autismo retard man children belong, and look, we're all here.
>>
>>2977540
No, not at all you spastic, else why would I have included Olympus?

It's the amount of focus on other products. Stop strawmanning me.
>>
>>2977717
lol moop stop
>>
>>2977737
Yes, I agree, the Japanese market has differing views, same as the Ricoh scenario.
>>
>>2977753
>taking things so literally

Yes, you're definitely a man-child
>>
>>2977717
Obviously this is why everybody uses Sony

Wait.....
>>
>>2977792
>>2977795
Fantastic rebuttals guys.
Doing a great job.
>>
>>2977739
>>implying a customer database and newsletter is something Sony lacks

Exactly where?
Where was that implied

>>2977731
>>offers no evidence
-Sony hires insipid spunkstains for security chief that think databreaches aren't a big deal. They knew of security risks and didnt give enough of a fuck because they thougfht it wouldn't hurt them directly enough
http://mashable.com/2014/12/05/sony-hack-infosec-comments/#DU88NhEAmkqy
-sony online entertainment generally acted like assholes. just any of the communities they used to service (the service is now called Daybreak)
-That entire A7 "weather sealing" thing where they more or less admitted that they lied
-Just check what their dickery with the "timed exclusives" on PlayStation consoles
>>
>>2977727
>Havent Seen an area of Hardware/Software where Sony isn't shit

What the fuck are you talking about?

The PS3 was superior to the 360
PS4 superior to xbox1

Sony bravia TVs are some of the best TVs you can buy

Sony owns blu ray

Sony makes all of nikons sensors

Sony makes movies

Sony makes music

The extent of the arguement against sony cameras you have is

>Muh menus!! Too many options, I dont know what to doooooooooo :'(
>Muh ERGOS!!!!
>I don't own a sony! but I bet if I call them they wont pick up the phone. I HATE sony :'(

>Arguing that other companies don't fuck up as hard because there is nothing to fuck is dumb

But it's true. You're crying about playstation network getting hacked, yet has nothing to do with sony cameras. That is an even more retarded argument.
>>
>>2977790
>amount of focus on other products.

How do you not understand that each branch of sony is essentially a different company completely? They can give full focus on each branch because that's all they do.

Sony pictures ONLY makes movies

Sony cameras ONLY makes cameras

Sony TVs ONLY make tvs

The guys in the fucking movie department aren't taking emails or even thinking about what sony is doing in their blu ray department. It's an absurd arguement.

You think the people at canon making lenses are worried about the design of the paper trays in their printer department?
>>
>>2977870
>Sony makes movies
Sony fund movies m8
>Sony makes music
No Sony bankrolls artists to make music.
>The PS3 was superior to the 360
>PS4 superior to xbox1
Nice console baby argument.

but instead I'm going to finish this post off with nice rebuttal xD that's not a valid argument and my personal favourite which is: menus are fine, more options are better, you don't need 21 pages of image/photography settings lmao nerd do u even photo xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Stop taking the bait every time. The bin photo would have been posted here by now if it wasn't already in another thread. There's no way that there's this many casual /p/ posters to always come in and take the bait. No fucking way.
>>
>>2977871
>implying there isn't a board of execs that decide which part of Sony gets what funding.
>implying Sony couldn't pump more into their camera division if they wanted to, but they don't, because it's not their favourite division

It doesn't really matter what you say, Sony cameras will never compete in anything but the uninformed gearfag sector, as you are proving daily.

I own an A6000 which I use solely for manual lenses and attaching to my microscope. It's OK, but it's nothing special, contrary to what you fags say.
>>
>>2978029
> I own an A6000 which I use solely for manual lenses and attaching to my microscope. It's OK, but it's nothing special, contrary to what you fags say.
Let's contemplate doing the same thing with a 1D X Mark II or Nikon D5.

Will that be very special somehow? No? I guess that confirms how shit these cameras are, huh.
>>
>>2978020
Well technically canon doesn't make cameras either, they just pay people to make them.

Sony owns the movies, they own the music, and yes, the capabilities of the playstation are greater than the xbox, theres not even a way you can argue that.

>>2978029
You just suck at photography. Give an a6000 to a pro photographer, you'll get good photos, give a 1dx to you, the photos would look like ass.

The sony cameras are comparable to any other brand camera, some aspects need to be worked on, some aspects are better.
>>
>>2978062
Let's do this motherfucker. We're going all out /v/ circa 2009
>he capabilities of the playstation are greater than the xbox
In what way.
>theres not even a way you can argue that.
Yes I can, xobx three sixty has gears of war!!! NXE is better than that pish ui that the PS3 and 4 have and the store works loads better tae wi' no risk ah being hacked.

Canon and Sony employ people specifically to design and "make" cameras. I get the feeling that there's not a lot of work done under contract at both companies, though I could be wrong.
>Sony owns the movies, they own the music
Aye, and I can walk across the road intae ma local pub too m8 and buy a song of a student in a guitar. I now own that music if he signs ma bit ae paper. It doesnae well mean that ah've gone and made a wee bittae music ya dunce.
>>
>>2978069
>In what way
CPU is better
GPU is better

Doesn't die easily like the 360 CONSTANTLY did. I had a single ps3, my friends went through 3 or 4 360s becuase they burned out.

More people bought the ps3

Who the fuck cares about gears of war?? PS3 had god of war, not to mention uncharted 2, which was the most awarded game of all time when it came out. So how can you throw out gears of war, when the ps3 clearly had a better game (which I never even played)

>the store works loads better tae wi' no risk ah being hacked.

Not really sure what you're trying to say, that sentence was one of the worst sentences Ive ever seen put together. But I assume it has something to do with their store getting hacked?

>Canon and Sony employ people specifically to design and "make" cameras

So? Sony employs people to make their movies? I don't understand why you're denying sony makes movies?

>Aye, and I can walk across the road intae ma local pub too m8 and buy a song of a student in a guitar. I now own that music if he signs ma bit ae paper. It doesnae well mean that ah've gone and made a wee bittae music ya dunce.

Seriously? What the fuck is your problem?? LOL!!!!! Is english even your first language??
>>
File: 1446494495509.png (201KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1446494495509.png
201KB, 320x289px
>sony argument literally comes around to xbox vs playstation argument

triggered sonyfags are always the same no matter where you go

like clockwork
>>
File: 1424480305968.jpg (1001KB, 2123x1413px) Image search: [Google]
1424480305968.jpg
1001KB, 2123x1413px
They're responsible for the new Ghostbusters.
>>
File: Check em.webm (238KB, 328x366px) Image search: [Google]
Check em.webm
238KB, 328x366px
>>2978215
Well, the asshurt canonikon fuji dick sucker, is actually the one that brought it up
>>2977799

Canikon homos throwing blame, like clockwork
>>
>>2978229
that is embarassing, but they also made Silence of the Lambs, Django Unchained, and Pursuit of Happiness. You're argument has no point
>>
>>2978266
>Well, the asshurt canonikon fuji dick sucker, is actually the one that brought it up
Different anon, but assuming that >>2977870 is you, and it most likely is you. You're the one who brought it up. #recordcorrected
>>2978175
>Not really sure what you're trying to say, that sentence was one of the worst sentences Ive ever seen put together. But I assume it has something to do with their store getting hacked?
>Seriously? What the fuck is your problem?? LOL!!!!! Is english even your first language??
aye it is pal, step intae ma dark room and i'll fuck ya right up ya silly wee cunt. Your arsehole is gonnae regret ever arguin' wi' me online ye silly wee fuccboi. Ah've got a homebrew rodinal/IMG/Bleacher/DD-X rectal flushing wi your fuckin' name on it. You'll never have a poo in a toilet again in the same way after I'm finished wi ye.

EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS ROUND MK III
>that sentence was one of the worst sentences Ive ever seen put together.
>one of the worst sentences ive ever seen put together
>worst sentences ive ever seen put together
>ive
THE IRONING.
>>
>>2975677
>to not choose sony?
WTF? Are you a sony salesman?
>>
>>2978269
>Django Unchained, and Pursuit of Happiness.
nigger movies
>>
File: checkem.png (261KB, 527x437px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
261KB, 527x437px
>>2978271
>You're the one who brought it up. #recordcorrected

Pic related is from the post that brought up the playstation >>2977799 #BigLeagueTruthed

>ive

And that is worse that the sentence you put together how? I really like how you ignored any point I brought up. Leave it to a fag to pull some shit like that

>>2978282
>>
>>2978278
aye, yer no gonnae get thae dubs pal, no matter how hard ye try.
Yer mistake wis tae lump aw the fuji fags in the same boat pal. Wait aroon tae post 88 but this wan isnae goin' anywhere
Aye and what point did ye bring up palk? I dinnae see a point to yoor posts if ahm being real honest wi ye
it's aww a bunch ae smoke 'n' mirrors.
Aye, it's also a hella lot worse than ma sentence because your one's no intentional ya daft wee bam, no matter how hard ye try tae pretend ye were just retarded.
>>2978282
aye, fuck off m8 come back when ye've got some real arguments as tae why ye think the PS3 is great.
Proptip, ye cannae cause it exists in the same age as the pee cee ya daft wee fucking robotoddler
>>
File: adrian123.jpg (49KB, 400x490px) Image search: [Google]
adrian123.jpg
49KB, 400x490px
>>2978281
Sorry that you can't watch a movie because a black man is in them.

I'm from /pol/ too but, you should know, it's satire, to an extent
>>
>>2978283
Fuji fags are just as bad, if not worse. Because they have an even shittier lens selection than sony.

Im saying the PS3 was better than the 360, and the PS4 is better than the Xbone. And the arguments I had were valid. The hardware capabilities of the playstation are greater than the xbox
>>
>>2978287
aye pal, that doesnae matter when ye cannae string together a coherent fuckin' sentence to save yersel'.
Mebbe you should invest a wee bit mare time intae working oot where the apostrophe is on yer keyboard pal and a wee bit less time shitposting on high arts imageboards and ye'll get the hang ae it.

And fer the record, PS4 and the PS3 are utter shit m8, shit OS, shit software and utter shit peripherals. I couldnae think ae ah worse console if ye put a ferret up ma mums arse and shouted achtung at it pal. The only thing worthwhile on Sony consoles ma pal was fucking weeb games and weeb rpg's but even they know what's better. Also gears ah war is a real fucking game for real fucking men and no wee fagboi mirorless fuckers like you. I bet you couldnae even lift a lancer in real life pal never mind a fucking xbox.
>>
>>2978283
Sony make pcs too.

Also your scottybonics read like a posh cunt trying to sound like a real scotsman.

What kind of real scotsman would watch anime, lain.
>>
>>2978304
>Also your scottybonics read like a posh cunt trying to sound like a real scotsman.
fucking oof. T-that hurts anon. It's hard to type in slang when you're educated and not poor. I grew up in poor areas but never could bring myself to talk like a bunch of plebs.
>What kind of real scotsman would watch anime, lain.
A right posh bastard, have ye never been tae a showing of anime at the filmhouse? In fact, have you ever been to the filmhouse ya cunt? I bet I wouldnae catch you sucking off Frank Quitely in Calton Hill even if he had unlimited travel on the megabus.

>sony make PC's too
You're right, but they don't make an OS, CPU or GPU that people game on, they don't even make PC gaming peripherals. They're almost entirely absent from the hardware market and have been for a great many years. The only Sony PC "peripheral" I have in my house in a CRT VGA monitor.
>>
>>2978306
And foxconn make Fujis electronics, you don't say fuji don't really make cameras though eh.

And I'm from rhe beautiful south, if i want to be cold and depressed i just watch kes again.
>>
>>2978310

You'd be more correct in saying Sony makes Fuji cameras, since Sony makes the sensors, the most important part of the whole camera body.
>>
>>2978312
Well, one thing to remember is that Sony never really made any film cameras back in the day or even produced any film, they only bought minolta. The only thing they've done is on the digital side which is a lot less impressive.
Also fuck your post for ruining my syntax.

>>2978310
Sorry anon, I don't care about who assembled the finished products. I care about who designs them but this has went way past the original work for hire and rights conversation. Point being that if I can get a student to write a song and sell it to me for a pint, it doesn't mean that I've made that song, regardless of how much money I've pumped into him. Creativity may be for sale, but the raw essence that drives that creativity won't be for sale for a few more years.

Fujifilm did make cameras, and still make lenses even today. They still make film too. This is more impressive a feat than just simply producing a sensor in my opinion. I don't rightly give a fuck anyway, I'm too busy shooting shit on film and mounting silly shit on my A7 in my spare time to really care though. I'm just here to continue shitposting along with the other Sony shitposter, my brother in arms moop.

>beatiful south
Aye, beautiful like watchin' a dug eat a used condom fae a kebab outside a mosque on an early sunday morning.
>>
>>2978306
So now you're just complaining that Sony doesn't make keyboards for their computers? Just pick up a cheap 10 dollar one so you don't lose too much money when you jizz on it watching hentai? Much more cost effecient

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srrB5dUr_lU

>>2978314
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Developing the early minoltas is more impressive than puting in camera 4k and stabilized sensors while also creating the fastest growing lens mount in the history of cameras. OK KID

>Sorry anon, I don't care about who assembled the finished products.

You must bow down to foxconn and sony then. Sony makes all the good sensors
>>
File: OK KID.jpg (175KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
OK KID.jpg
175KB, 1300x866px
>>2978325

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark III
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 Windows
PhotographerPhotographee.eu
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015-03-14T19:37:06+01:00
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Image Width5760
Image Height3840
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
File: 45374547.jpg (39KB, 431x450px)
45374547.jpg
39KB, 431x450px
>>2978326
>>
>>2978329
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone if you won't.
>>
File: 1480793591518.gif (2MB, 433x297px) Image search: [Google]
1480793591518.gif
2MB, 433x297px
>>2978330
Tell them what?
>>
File: 1459410856091.gif (443KB, 400x296px)
1459410856091.gif
443KB, 400x296px
>>2978331
They'll never know :3c
>>
File: Reality hits.gif (2MB, 179x320px) Image search: [Google]
Reality hits.gif
2MB, 179x320px
>>2978333
Never know what??
>>
>>2978339
How goat sony is
>>
>>2979006
>goat sony
mutton dressed as lamb
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.