[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do the more expensive cameras don't have an AF assist light?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: af-assist-light2.jpg (59KB, 888x511px) Image search: [Google]
af-assist-light2.jpg
59KB, 888x511px
Is this another way to get more money out of pro users? So, if they want an AF assist light, they will have to buy a small speedlight or some to attach to the flash show that will then have it.
>>
Because nice cameras can autofocus in the dark. And you're not going to NOT be using speedlights in light too dark to use AF, and/or will be on a tripod in which case MF is better.
>>
>>2972641
Just because there are alternatives, doesn't give a reason to remove a feature.

Fuck /p/ has lost all its value.
>>
>>2972636
>Shoot mostly in low-light settings (theater) ISO 640-800
>Union Rules: 60 minutes TO THE DOT for photo call, so you have to shoot fast
>Any ISO less than 600, need to have stupid slow shutter speed
>Had to turn off AF light because it would make the performers flinch, and blur in the photo
Learned to use Manual focus, and my "Intermediate Level" body's AF is fine even in low light settings.
So why would any professional dropping $1500, $3500, $6000 for a body care about an AF light when they are smart enough to take a good photo without one?
>>
>>2972719
>60 minutes
Jesus Christ thats so much more than the 3 minutes concert people get
>>
>>2972636
Why do you need AF ASSIST when you have live view?
>>
>>2972819
3 songs*
>>
>>2972636
You're just on the wrong system. The Sony's have it, even the a7s (II) which is one of the cameras that need it the least.

That said, even Sony doesn't have built-in flashes on all cameras, so you can accuse them of wanting you to buy a flash.

Probably partly also to get higher CIPA ratings or something like that.
>>
>>2972854
>On the wrong system
>suggests another hobbyist platform
Good job. You'll notice that Sony have removed the AF lamp from their only relevant "pro" camera.
>>
>>2972866
> You'll notice that Sony have removed the AF lamp from their only relevant "pro" camera.
I think it's on the A7S, A7S II, A7R II and A6500.

That's probably all the bodies that are particularly likely to be important to professionals.
>>
>>2972870
Ah right. On their hobbyist bodies. Gotcha.
>>
>>2972908
>3000 USD camera
>hobbyist
I will 100% admit that not having dual slots is a BIG nono for pros (I hate to quote a giant meme but Tony Northrop said it wayy before I did, which is why I'm looking at Fiji)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.