[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Websites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: Untitled-2.jpg (4MB, 2644x2912px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-2.jpg
4MB, 2644x2912px
Thinking of making a website. Let me see the websites of /p/

Do's and don'ts
How you share your websites (social media/paided ads/etc)
Layouts
General tips and constructive criticisms

Pic unrelated.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:08:01 19:37:03
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2644
Image Height2912
>>
>>2971968
No one is going to share their personal website on /p/
>>
>>2972010
I have multiple times, probably not a good idea but meh. We all die some day, why not sooner to an internet stranger.

www.SourPhotography.com

I like my site because it's easily navigable, my categories are very apparent, and I dig the minimal look. If I had more of a style, or one particular thing I was good at photography-wise that I get paid frequently for, I would hire a professional graphic and web designer to make a unique site for me. But for now SquareSpace fits my needs perfectly.
>>
File: tony squ.jpg (15KB, 317x317px) Image search: [Google]
tony squ.jpg
15KB, 317x317px
>>2972065
>SquareSpace fits my needs perfectly.
>>
>>2972068
SquareSpace, Build it Beautifully!
>>
>>2972069
Thanks Chelsea... now back to the FAQ.

NO she didn't, r...right hun?
>>
paying for a site in 2016 is stupid unless you are making mad cash. but then you don't need a site because clients are seeking you out.

>>2972065
>>2972068
square space is probably great

I use portfoliobox, clean and easy to build.
Stay the fuck away from BluDomain, I cancelled my account and deleted the site 5 years ago and they still send me invoices as if I have been using them. their sights also take a fucklong time to load and are fare more dated and shittier than free options.
>>
how hard would i get shit on if i said i use a tumblr page to post my photos
>>
>>2972065
I'd seriously reconsider paying for a website with photos like that my dude. They showcase 0 artistic ability, the lighting is usually boring in every photo, and the only thing going for the photos are the people in them, because they are usually hot.

I'd say take down your site, start trying new things with your camera instead of turning it to automatic and aiming at someone, and then once you have good photos to post, put it back up again.

Otherwise, just post to instagram or something, those photos aren't worthy of their own dedicated website.
>>
>>2972010
isi, natureguy, alex and others trips have, and they aren't just random anons.

No one here is going out of their way to fuck with you, unless you've done something to deserve it.
>>
>>2972065

Why don't you have more pics of qt feets? It's like you don't want to drive traffic from the footlove boom
>>
>>2972210
As much as people talk shit on using tumblr I think its a solid way to show your work to a wide range of people.
>>
>>2972212
To be fair, there are a couple of good shots in there. You're mostly right though.
>>
>>2972221
Got any links?
>>
In the process of building mine as we speak. I may not have a lot of great photos but I'm working to try and market myself for doing interiors outside of my day job. I might share it once I'm done.
>>
>>2972433
thaaaaank you. i think for someone who isn't quite at the dedicated website level, yet above the instagram level, its a good place to share your images for free, whilst being able to show how much of a following you have.

people shit on it, and there is a lot of stupid shit on that site. but if you use it strictly as a free website for your own material, there are simply very few negatives.
>>
>>2972469
isi
>http://jamiewilliams.22slides.com/

NatureGuy
>http://www.reagandpufall.com/blog/

Alex
>http://www.alexburkephoto.com/
>>
>>2972221
>unless you've done something to deserve it.
That's not how the world works, bad things don't only happen to those that deserve it.
>>
>>2972212
It's super cheap and accomplishes everything I want. It's gotten me 12 concerts gigs solely based on my work on my website, before I was working with a publication. It's worth it to me.

Just because I have a website doesn't mean I'm trying to boast that my work is amazing and is the highest of standards. I'm a dedicated hobbyist who is still learning photography. I've been doing this for about five years now, but just recently acquired "pro gear" last year. I started with a fully manual 35mm film camera, Konica Autoreflex TC I purchased from Craigslist for $40 with a bunch of misc gear and lenses. Great little camera with great glass selection for cheap.

>>automatic
Manual focus, manual settings only brah (with the exception of Aperture Priority on timelapses)
>>
File: 16620872308_88e7aacf80_o.jpg (712KB, 1726x1166px) Image search: [Google]
16620872308_88e7aacf80_o.jpg
712KB, 1726x1166px
http://idahostreets.com/

In dire need of an update but is a long term project of mine. I use Tumblr and point the domain at it. Cheap and fun and easy to share.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7.1 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:03:13 22:38:31
>>
I have a domain, bought a solid theme for WordPress, but getting it set up is a pain in the ass. Even creating a simple gallery takes forever. This was 3 years ago and I haven't tried again since. Am I just retarded?

Any other options? I want a site to showcase my work, including a portfolio, perhaps a blog, but mainly a way to create galleries of events where people can go to buy prints (which would be taken care of by a lab who'd print and ship).
>>
>>2972188
I paid $60 ($3/mo) for 2 years domain and hosting. It's pretty damn cheap if you want it to be.
>>
I have been through this.
Ask yourself why you want a website, who you want to see it and what it should do for you. Then ask what it will do for your visitors. Is it enough? Can you clearly answer that?

My now defunct www.leica-boss.com took about 2 years of networking with bigger sites, making videos, creating content, interviewing people and writing reviews to get on the map and getting link juice + search priority.

Was tracking about 60-100k visitors a month when I got the lawsuit letter from Germany.

It made me no money and took maybe 12-20 hours a week to manage.

And really, I go lucky with some videos and guest articles on big sites to drive my traffic.

Building a site is easy, getting people to care is not.
>>
>>2972897
Explain the lawsuit from Germany.
>>
>>2972774
wait you're that guy from the meme aren't you
>>
File: _MG_5788.jpg (445KB, 1000x678px) Image search: [Google]
_MG_5788.jpg
445KB, 1000x678px
I haven't been around /p/ much recently and my website Is in need of an overhaul for my more recent shit. But for your reference:

>Houlbrookepowell.com

The purpose I guess was when I was begining that next step, to have something to show that isnt Instagram or tumblr. But It's fallen by the wayside for me mostly. In need of new content since moving countries. and focusing on new things

I also use squarespace and dont really enjoy it. you are very limited to the basic templates they give you. But as a start, it is what it is.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 600D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:11:27 17:21:11
Exposure Time1/200 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2972980
>The purpose I guess was when I was begining that next step, to have something to show that isnt Instagram or tumblr.
That's not a reason to have a website. Get a website when your work starts to stand out on instagram and tumblr, not when you need to differentiate yourself from them to avoid melting in.
>>
>>2972969
"leica-boss" pun doesn't meant nothing to you?
>>
>>2972985
Not him, but I didn't even notice that pun kek
>>
I do interiors for a vacation rental company. I just recently branched out and made a website so I could freelance for Real Estate photos. I surf and rock climb so I often find myself taking pictures of other people in the process so I decided to include that as well.

>tsgphotog.com
>>
>>2972996
>>2972985
>>2972969
While my site was clear parody and noncommercial, fucked up German laws would allow them to sue me for using any domain that includes the Leica name.

It was the parent company (not Leica camera) who came guns blazing looking for a 5 figure sum from me.

I had to retain counsel and just shut the site down and gave them the domain.

I had a decent case and Leica had actually retweeted and promoted some of my content but it wasn't worth it.

The EU sucks
>>
>>2972897
>It made me no money and took maybe 12-20 hours a week to manage.
That's honestly surprising to me.

Was it content creation?
>>
File: 1478744586571.png (102KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1478744586571.png
102KB, 500x281px
http://www.reagandpufall.com/

If you're running a website you should be doing it for professional practice and it should reflect that. Your website should be focused. EG sure I shoot weddings, portraits, products, etc on the side but my professional practice is art so that is what is up on website. Personal photos like the piles of dog photos I take are delegated to my blog and even that is honestly is little questionable. There are plenty of other venues for sharing photos that are unrelated to your professional practice, so use them and enjoy them.

>How you share your websites (social media/paided ads/etc)
I move mine mostly by word of mouth, cards, and solicitation back forth for shows with galleries. It get's posted and shared on Facebook whenever I post to my blog but those kind of views and interactions are mostly useless for me.

As has already been mentioned, square space is great. You can do plenty with templates to set them aside from another. For example if you look at Alex's website and mine we both used the same template.

>>2972653
Direct linking to my blog : /

>>2972838
Find a good template system that builds stuff for you. Doing it by hand just isn't worth it especially when you consider you have to update it.

>>2972897
Your website was great. It's shame you didn't generate any ad revenue form it.
>>
>>2972774
>manual focus

Fucking why, if you don't have a spit image screen you'll never get it sharp. There's nothing cool about manual focus in 2016, it doesn't add to your credibility as a photographer cause you can turn a ring and squint
>>
>>2973088

Stop whining. You naively used someone else's intellectual property, and got what you deserved.

Nothing against you, just saying that justice was served, and you should stop being such a snowflake about it.
>>
>>2973123
He used a name in a play on words and got shafted. If you think he deserved that youre a tool.
>>
>>2973123
Even if you're trolling, the fact that anyone would believe this is sickening.
>>
>>2973129

Millennial: The Post

>>2973143

Millennial: The Post Act II
>>
>>2973123
You clearly don't understamd case law on this matter then, nor fair use.

It really just came down to a company with a ton of resources and an individual who couldn't or wouldn't afford a proper defense.
>>
File: img0022.jpg (726KB, 900x610px) Image search: [Google]
img0022.jpg
726KB, 900x610px
>>2973120
I do have an alternate focusing screen for my cameras, I'm not a fucking retard. I use mostly Rokinon lenses because they optics are fucking amazing and the build quality is top-fucking-notch, but they're manual focus only. It fits my shooting needs, I don't shoot sports or wildlife so I don't need auto focus. Plus I shot a few years with manual only film camera so I got manual focusing down very well. I get my shot in focus more often than I don't.

>>2972973
Lol sure anon. You like to follow me around on /p/ don't you bud?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelFS4000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution2000 dpi
Vertical Resolution2000 dpi
Image Created2016:11:27 17:56:04
>>
>>2973346
is this photo ironically bad? your other work is so professional!
>>
>>2973272

No, you don't. You also don't seem to know that fair use is completely different for trademarks. You're thinking of copyright law.

You didn't lose anything here, because you never owned it. So stop crying?
>>
>>2973407
Can you not be an insufferable cunt for one fucking minute of your life? Is your existence such a heaping pile of shit that you have to be a cock sucking twat at all hours of the day? Go kill yourself you unloved sack of shit. I don't give a fuck if you're just trolling, you as a person are a loathsome cunt and good fucking luck finding someone that knows you, the real you, and doesn't choke you to death in your sleep when they uncover it.
>>
>>2973409
That seems really pointed and direct for a response to an anonymous poster, anon
are you feeling alright?
>>
File: img0018.jpg (573KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
img0018.jpg
573KB, 900x596px
>>2973403
My work is meh, but I feel good about myself accomplishing anything creative.

That shot I think it was from the third or fourth roll of film I had shot, so pretty early on in my photography hobby.

Pic related: This was off my first roll I ever shot. Of course it's a flower, out of focus, with a ton of bokeh because I used screw-on macro filters.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelFS4000
Image Created2016:11:27 19:54:19
>>
>>2973416
you take worse photos than most teenage girls with iphones, the only value you have is owning a camera with iso performance better than a phone.
remember that.
>>
>>2972824
I like this
>>
File: IMG_0024.jpg (272KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0024.jpg
272KB, 900x600px
>>2973419
Okay? I always say my work is shit when I post it... Why would I care what you think? I take photos for my own enjoyment. I'm sorry you're jealous because I buy pointless material things. You've got a sad outlook on life bud.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
PhotographerGreat White Buffalo
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image Created2016:11:27 20:10:49
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2973075
Decent website. Is it new? How long have you been taking photos? How much do you get paid?
>>
>>2973101
>Direct linking to my blog : /
Sorry m8, it wasn't intentional
>>
>>2973409

>says doesn't give fuck about something
>proceeds to give huge fuck about it

Also, put your trip back on. If I had one, I'd be using it right now. ;)
>>
File: Patreon0049.jpg (43KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
Patreon0049.jpg
43KB, 250x166px
I like your site. Its very clean and crisp with a fresh feel. I love your portraits but sometimes the subject doesn't seem to know what to do. You need to add triangles. It draws the eye better. Human eyes love triangles. Cross arms, hand on hip, etc. I have the same issues but watching Jason Lanier on youtube has helped tremendously. Your time lapse videos are awesome! However, number 6 needs to go, there are at least three pieces of debris on the sensor, of them them a very large hair and I can't get past it. I love the time lapse of the lake. You should also take a model back to the railroad bridge and do a shoot there if you haven't already. I love the concert images. Concerts are one of the things I want to shoot but living in an obscure small town really doesn't give me a chance to shoot any. Overall, I think you're a great photographer and I love the site. I always make shit overly complicated and cluttered. I do not have a photography website yet but check out my book website, it sucks. www.bedtimetalesfromtheapocalypse.com
I attached a self portrait I took during a dust storm in Iraq. Tell me what you think.

Equipment MakePENTAX Corporation
Camera ModelPENTAX *ist DL
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)49 mm
Image Width700
Image Height465
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:19 12:23:22
Exposure Time15 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length33.00 mm
Image Width250
Image Height166
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
I bought my site from photodeck. Mainly because they don't want to have a commission and because their galleries works good enough.
>>
>>2973123
Oh, man. Either retard or troll.
>>
>>2973857

The real world will wake you up, if you ever grow up and enter it.
>>
>>2973434
Yea, it's about 3 days old now. I've been taking photos everyday for the past year. Only dabbled with friends DSLRs before that. I get paid $18 an hour for the company I work for but freelance stuff varies. See the services page on my site if you want the pricing.
>>
File: Leica Boss.jpg (123KB, 600x816px) Image search: [Google]
Leica Boss.jpg
123KB, 600x816px
>>2973272

>>
>>2973976
It's amazing how many ways that visual analogy doesn't make sense
>>
>>2971968
www.photosbymichaelangelo.com
>>
File: American Color 2 35.jpg (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
American Color 2 35.jpg
1MB, 1200x800px
one of my favs has a shit website but does it matter? just need an email, he uses aol kek
http://constantinemanos.com/

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Macintosh
Image Created2009:06:05 11:46:19
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Image Width1200
Image Height800
>>
>>2974011

No more free ride, bitch.
>>
>>2974011

Are you saying he didn't use the Leica name as a vehicle, get fucked by trademark laws which he brought upon himself, and then scream victim?

Let's hear what happened in your alternate universe.
>>
>>2974027
>>2974023
I'm not saying it DOESN'T make sense in any way at all, just that the image presents several possible interpretations that all seem feasible at first glance but end up being nonsensical

It makes sense in that Anon is illustrating his point with a symbolic reference to the meaning of a well-known comic/meme image, i.e. that BJ fucked himself.

And if BJ is supposed to be the guy riding the bike, then I get how he was using the Leica name as a vehicle (actually a great obvious interpretation I hadn't thought of)

However it makes less sense once you start trying to match BJ's situation to the other diegetic action in the comic. For instance just what is "copyright" in the abstract? Why is BJ the one wielding it and not the actual holder of the copyright, i.e. Leica? In BJ's situation, he made the site, everything was going fine, and then someone from Leica got wind of it etc. etc. The comic makes it seem like he did something after he'd already set up the site to screw himself over, when in reality, assuming that he did screw himself over, this screwing took place at the very beginning with the act of making the site.

Basically, it doesn't make sense to separate "leica" from "trademark law" in the context of the comic. If anything, BJ was wielding "leica" and leica was wielding the trademark.

It doesn't make sense as soon as you
>>
>>2974032

I ain't reading all that shit, son.
>>
OP here
Set up a square space without realizing i had a half assed one i made a while back.
tried to revamp it but honestly im not sure what im doing. it seems very messy to me.
any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.jessetomasello.photos/
>>
>>2973409

You need to chill, man.
>>
>>2972774
You have a number of photos that are very unflattering--one in particular with a big "raccoon eye" shadow over the model's eyes. There's nice shots in there, but I'd rather see a variety rather than dozens of shots of the same girl, many of which are very similar. Only show the best!

WRT your own website--I still think it's worthwhile, depending on what you're doing. Unlike Instagram, you control the presentation, and if you're looking for portrait clients and the like, it shows a bit of professionalism.

Regardless, it can't hurt, and you can have an insta as well.

I wouldn't sweat the layout. Use a minimal template that suits your work and go with that. Most people are annoyed or unimpressed by elaborate animated sites or ultra clever layouts, and just want to get to the pictures.
>>
>>2973976
It is a clever shop.

But I still would have won the case easily.

The other dimwit doesn't even realize that "fair use" is a term used with Trademarks as well and that there are a ton of unauthorized but non-prohibited uses of marks.

Being non-commercial, clearly parody and entirely clear that the site had no connection with the brand - among other things - is enough to pass any test.

See even the for profit sites: canonrumors, sonyalpharumors, etc etc
>>
>>2973101
Template system? Isn't that basically what a WordPress theme is?
>>
>>2975312
Wordpress itself is a content management system. It is themeable but the best way to go about building with it is to choose a theme you like and customize it to fit what you want.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.