[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DRTV fired Kai

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 33

File: screenshot.jpg (19KB, 262x214px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
19KB, 262x214px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfBsu3shLOU

He was the only entertaining one.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGreenshot
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: 1426027733897.jpg (31KB, 428x376px) Image search: [Google]
1426027733897.jpg
31KB, 428x376px
F
>>
Kind of saw it coming. It's a shame though because Kai and Lok sort of balanced each other out, and Kai has been off in England doing his own thing for like a year, so now there's just Lok and a couple of other awkward dudes who constantly talk over each other.
>>
He sounds like he's got a lot of energy right now. Let's see how well it translates into his new videos.
>>
>>2971314
Is he going to keep making videos with his new boytoy Bayfield? At least I can understand him better than Lok's engrish
>>
>>2971518
I enjoy Lok and Kai, but John really does have a great aura about him and some quality bants.
Plus he's an actual professional photographer so there's that.
>>
>>2971314
RIP in peace
>>
File: Bokehlicious.gif (937KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Bokehlicious.gif
937KB, 300x169px
>>2971314
Only ever watched DRTV for Lok and Kai as they made entertaining videos, and hardly ever watched for the actual gear. There's no real point of watching DRTV anymore considering Lok can't hold up on his own, and these two newcunts are fucking cancer.

Sad to see it end, but good to see Uncle Kai continuing with his own thing, and this John fella is a good addition.
>>
>faggots here unironically follow le photo e-celebrity from youtube

are you all 12 year old kids or something? retarded maybe? super sheltered?
>>
>>2971524
>Projection: The Post
>>
>>2971524
Please enlighten us with your e-celebrities suggestions
>>
dang it's weird thinking that I've been watching drtv for like 7 years now

>>2971524
you replied bro
>>
wideo
>>
>>2971523
Indeed. Most recently one of them said "two pumps in", whereas it would've been clear that had Kai been there, it'd have been "two strokes in". So we can clearly tell which one is UK quality and which one isn't.
>>
>>2971314
Standalone Kai channel?
l'm subbing, for entertainment purposes of course...
>>
>>2971548
are you a newfag?
only the best eceleb in photography
also frodo's photos
>>
All good things must come to an end, even good old DRTV with Kai and Lok.
But then, Kai will be starting his own show(?) in no time and things will be great again :^)

I am looking forward to watch some funny shenanigans and awesome reviews on his own channel.
>>
>>2971314
Fuck this guy, not sure how to put it in words
Self absorption I guess.

Doesn't respect what he had.
Throwing expensive cameras around,
going on shoots complaining about little shit.
>>
File: mku654646.jpg (8KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
mku654646.jpg
8KB, 284x284px
>>2971314
Literally who?
>>
>>2971314
Good, I couldn't stand his personality and pseudo-intellectualism.
>>
File: 1240393095655.jpg (149KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1240393095655.jpg
149KB, 639x595px
GOODNIGHT SWEET PRINCE ;___;
>>
F
(stop)
>>
Saw on fb, then here.
I think it has to do with him being in the UK. People on lebbit think the reason he was stuck in the UK was visa stuff.
I really like the new crew, but it's not the same.

F
>>
>>2971697
>I really like the new crew
kill urself my man
>>
>>2971699
AnalogRev is dope.
>>
>>2971699
I've seen used condoms on the street with more charisma than Warren. He's the only truly, truly awful thing. His Sigma review was one of the worst things I've seen this year from any channel.
Ian's okay. The aussie can fuck off desu or be featured in something worth watching. I'm pretty sure analrev was pulled though. Maybe because it wasn't pulling in the same numbers. A real shame since Ian talking about analogue cameras was neat, I was looking forward to them hitting LF one day.
>>
>>2971314
NO KAI
NO BAI
>>
the only people who watched this guy were wankers who never did anything besides pseudo-criticizing each others pictures on the internet anyway
>>
I hope he gets a percentage of royalties from his past youtube work with drtv. He was instrumental in getting their views and subs up. Lok and Alamby of course helped but it was mostly his quirky and perverted humour that pushed it
>>
>>2971727
>projecting this hard
>>
>>2971734
jokes on you i wasnt even trying
>>
>>2971739
Projection doesn't take effort kek, thanks for proving my point
>>
>>2971743
upload some of your pictures wanker
>>
>>2971748
Why? So you can pseudo-criticize them?
>>
>>2971756
so i can one-punch you nerd
>>
>>2971757
Cunt you don't wanna catch this left-right goodnight
>>
>>
>>2971762
*spits in your mouth*
>>
Was it me or there was a bad atmosphere when he mentioned lok and all of the people that had worked with him?

As if he left drev in a bad way or with tensions with thecompany?
>>
>>2971762
>>2971776
You two get a room. Your shit is getting to sexy.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (88KB, 1284x720px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
88KB, 1284x720px
>>2971798
"It has been a pleasure"
Yeah. The lovely sarcasm.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Created2016-11-26T01:40:01-15:00
FlashNo Flash
Image Width1284
Image Height720
>>
>>2971818
why is kai living in a closet now
is this what a trump presidency and brexit looks like
>>
>>2971798
>>2971818
>>2971836

Naaah!
He's making DigitalRants now.

It's all part of the show.
>>
Well thats it, bugger DRTV, the low calorie Kai just isnt the same.

I'll subscribe to the new one simply for kai's narky sarcasm and apathy.
>>
Oh no, the Jeremy Clarkson of photography got fired, life is over.
He stinks.
>>
Kai doing a photography channel, rather than a gearfag channel? I'm okay with that. The landscape episodes were quite good.
>>
he was shit
lok actually brought some decent stuff to the table
analog rev with what's his name was better
>>
>>2971941
Fuck off DRTV shill.
You are nothing without Kai
>>
>>2971951
chill out, Kai is not Jeremy.
Ian and Warren have the chemistry, I say they make a good team. It is actually Lok who is standing out of the crowd too much, I say either he will go back to editing and camera work or gets fired as well.
>>
File: }omw to the gentoo society.png (442KB, 500x690px) Image search: [Google]
}omw to the gentoo society.png
442KB, 500x690px
>>2971762
>>2971776
ladies, please
>>
>>2971964
>chill out, Kai is not Jeremy.
He really is though, only a lot less famous
>>
>>2972162
and a lot more interesting
>>
>>2971634
>Doesn't respect what he had.
Did you watch the video? He does the opposite.
>>
DRTV fucked up by firing him. I wont be bothering watching it anymore.

They had the best review channel on youtube (along with Ashens) when it was Kai, Alamby and Lok. Now what is it - two awkward guys talking about disparate gear, It feels amateur.
>>
Am I the only guy who hated this dork and the channel? How is this so shilled here, it's not good, funny or objective.
>>
>>2972258
Either's Thomas Heaton but trust me I've seen enough photographers willing to have a good ol' gobble gobble with him.
>>
>>2972258
So many goddamn DRTV chink shills in here trying to do some damage control, kek.
>>
he didn't get fired he abandoned hong kong
>>
>>2972266
HK abandoned him. He should go Charles Bronson on their asses.
>>
>>2972263
Explain to me, Kai, how am I a DRTV chill if I said I hated the channel? You slant eye fuck.
>>
>>2972258
Not everyone wants long winded lab results for some reviews. A lot of people prefer to watch something be used and get live feedback rather than look at charts (which always seem to contradict other charts who contradict other charts who contradict users who contradict other users).
>>
>>2972365
And you can always get good charts from imaging-resource, I'd trust them more than some YouTube channel.
>>
>>2972382
You literally missed the point of the post
>>
>>2972382

>I didn't read the post at all
>>
>>2972390
>>2972405
As in not only do some people not want the charts, they weren't even good at it in the first place. Chill people.
>>
>>2972252
Calling Ashens a "review channel" is a bit of a stretch given that his videos consist entirely of mockery and the occasional application of blowtorch to the reviewed products.
>>
>>2972474
I ain't buyin a $2k cam unless that shit's blowtorch resistant
>>
>>2971401
/HIGH ENERGY/
>>
>>2971704
Inside knowledge, kai is out due to wage, bokeh will be stopping their editorial pieces, and actually don't be surprised if the whole social media side just stops
>>
>>2973009
>kai is out due to wage
Can you elaborate?
>>
>>2973014
The more you work for a company the bigger your payment gets. In show business this is a major rule. Same reason why your favourite characters get written out of your shows after a few seasons.
Kais wage got to the limit where it wasn't feasible for DRTV, plus looks like they are consolidating the company, getting rid of fringe aspects like social media presence.
Might be simply business decision or pressed by China vs HK politics.
>>
>>2971314
F
i'm subscribing to his channel though
>>
>>2973014
Basically kai moved to uk for personal reasons, but this also meant his normal weekly wage is no more, so he basically became a contractor, the bloody producer didn't want to pay a "normal" wage, maybe kai also demanded too much, but that's how they now walk separate parts.

The bloody producer was going to replace Kai quietly but was not expecting Kai to come out with a video announcing his departure, and now looking to just close off the social media side add he has lost face
>>
>>2973321
Nice conteo there m8
>>
>>2971523
indeed, I hate to use this analogy, but it was the Top Gear of photography, the cars were cool but the personalities are why that show worked.
>>
>>2971634
fro fan detected
>>
>>2973321
>has lost face
>close an account
Chinks have lost their sense of honour. Must commit sudoku
>>
>>2973465
Well it's quite true with the bloody producer, he is all about maintaining his image, he drives a Ferrari in Hong Kong which is a terrible place for a super car
>>
>>2971314
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhHpV0kc7as

muh m5
>>
>>2971314

Unsubbed DRTV
Subbed Kais channel

NO REGRETS
>>
>>2973465
Face is all they have.
You see the same thing throughout asia: chinese lose face and then lose their shit because without it they're really just another noveau riche chinese peasant garbed in expensive threads as a disguise.
>>
>>2973779
But all their faces look the same!
>>
>>2971695

hah
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (265KB, 2192x1440px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
265KB, 2192x1440px
RIP Lok & Kai shenanigans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpqArbgMayA

Camera SoftwareGreenshot
>>
>>2973873
I'll miss this. Definitely no point in following DRTV now.
>>
>>2973321
If this is true then their fucking loss. I'll keep subscribed to both for a while but I can't take the new guys at drtv, so I guess it's a matter of time until people migrate from drtv to kai's channel.

I wish him the best.
>>
>>2974095
Ok guys, update, 1 of the presenters has left the company
>>
>>2974309
The question is, who?
If Ian or Warren then nobody cares.
>>
>>2973321
Thanks lok!
>>
>>2974309
Where are you finding this info?

>>2974360
>If Ian or Warren then nobody cares.
This
>>
>>2974366
I know people here, I'm in Hong Kong, let's just say it's not Ian or Warren, though to be honest they not far behind
>>
>>2974377
So is Lok going to move to the UK and get back together with Uncle Kai?
>>
>>2974381
Nope, lok is local and settled down in Hong Kong, very unlikely he will move away
>>
>>2974389
Unless he has kids he can uproot anytime
>>
>>2974390
Well he got no kids, but he does have his family and woman in Hong Kong, plus going to UK he will have to get accommodation and no wage to start with, can't go with Kai as Kai is married so cannot intrude into their home, remember Kai is technically unemployed
>>
>>2974395
Self employed is not equal to unemployed you pencil pushing degenerate wagemonkey
>>
>>2974396
What I meant idiot, is he can't be taking care of Lok on a fresh channel, well self employed if he declares his income to the government
>>
>>2974396
I'm glad this post added substance to the conversation. I'm lying it didn't.
>>
>>2974395
>>2974396
>letting in a chink who isn't here to study at a university
>letting in a chink to do a job anyone else from the UK or EU can do
Ha, it's like you think it's easy to get into the UK if you're technically a nobody.
>>
>>2974441
Tell the Syrian 35 year old children how hard it is, though to be honest it's harder to get in if you legitimately want to work and be a productive member of society
>>
>>2974441
What about getting in to do a job only a handful of people around Europe can do?
Not photography, just asking. It is about my profession.
>>
>>2974395
Had no idea kai was married
>>
>>2974441
>Ha, it's like you think it's easy to get into the UK if you're technically a nobody.

>Arrive in a fishing boat
>Dont say a word to the police
>"Lose" your passport
>When they get a translator just tell them you are a gypsy with no state
>The state is forced to keep you alive, house you, and eventually make you a citizen because there's nowhere to send you legally.

Really not that hard dude. Thats why thousands of the bastards are doing it. For every truck that gets caught with immigrants in it 10 get past.
>>
>>2974377
inb4 Rita

haven't seen that cutie in quite a while.
>>
File: HK flag til 97.jpg (54KB, 599x300px) Image search: [Google]
HK flag til 97.jpg
54KB, 599x300px
>>2974441
Hong Kong is a Special Administrative Region of China. It was a British Dependant Territory until 1997.

Lok may be one of many people who can claim or have British nationality.
>>
>>2974502
He's going to need that to be certain and to not be out of the country for X years.
>>2974474
>>2974444
Refugees don't count, they're not people.
>>2974447
You can get in if your earnings are over the limit and have references on a work visa, however you'll have to prove them over the time.

Legitimately getting into the country to reside or work is a lot tougher for the honest non-EU/EEA citizen than people think. Lok's not the type of person who's going to get in based on his job alone. They can visit, sure, but not work in any capacity.
>>
F
now new channel and get Alamby back
>>
I like Ian and the british guy.
Since Lok and Kai were separated i actually enjoyed watching them more than Kai alone, if Kai is still shooting shit on his own then i'm happy i can see more content from Ian and Kai even if on different channels.
>>
>>2974842
Ian mainly enjoyed doing analogrev but as the view count on the vids was low this show has been scrapped. Warren is the other British guy, let's see if he hangs around.....
>>
>>2974839
What's the fascination with Alamby? She was kind of passive. But if you noticed drtv never addresses departures. Alamby, Hannah, even Kai suddenly appearing in UK was just something they left you guessing wherever it was short or long term
>>
>>2974902
>What's the fascination with Alamby

She was kind of nerdy/dorky in some way - whch a lot of people did like.
>>
>>2974902
>What's the fascination with Alamby?
I ask the same question about Rita.

It's just personal preference m8, everyones taste buds are different.
>>
hope he takes it to a more creative direction rather than gear stats, because let's be honest, nobody watches top gear for the car reviews
>>
>>2971314
>People actually believe DRTV would've been better with only Kai/he left and did his own thing

Well you're getting what you wanted asshats, hope my boi Lok can manage. I know this was mainly at the fault of Canon being salty with his humor but nevertheless it is the end of an era.

RIP in Photography:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NoOhnrjdYOc
>>
>this thread
>114 replies
>mfw I thought this was a photography board
>>
>>2975317
Ermm, Lok has gone also by the way
>>
File: Migrant-Mother-Photo.jpg (282KB, 706x900px) Image search: [Google]
Migrant-Mother-Photo.jpg
282KB, 706x900px
>>2975361

Fuck you bitch, this is a meme board.

Enjoy this new meme.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image Width941
Image Height1200
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:30 23:27:00
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width706
Image Height900
>>
Check out the Bloddy Producer's recent tweet holy shit DRTV is kill
>>
>Kai gone
>Lok gone
>Rita Gone
>Warren presumably still employed somehow
>Aussie shitposting woman presumably still employed somehow
>Ian literally locked in the basement at DRTV like Hideo Kojima at Konami not being allowed to release good content
What's next for DRTV? Ian fired and the tranny hired? The worst trio aligning to combine warren, aussie shitposter and the tranny posting stilted reviews and unfunny videos?

How did it all go so wrong?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161201-152821~01.png (1MB, 1428x2297px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161201-152821~01.png
1MB, 1428x2297px
>>2975519
See I told you guys Lok was gone, good find on the twitter post m8
>>
>>2975526
Shit posting Aussie woman has already left a few months back, supposedly she went back to down under for some tv studio gig work. Warren is around but he is not on best of terms with the bloody producer
>>
>>2975526
kai 2 is the last good thing DRTV has and thats if he ever steps out of Kai's shadow
>>
>>2975361
Its full of gear faggots. Kai is too short and sweet with his reviews.
>Yeh ehs bettuh dan da wun before eht but i doanthink its worth notha fuckehn pretty penny thuh askin fohr. at d end uh the day youve got to ahsk yourself is it really wurf it to upgrade as quickly as the manufahkchers release new products? my advice is take pictures and ehnjoyee the camruh youve got with you

fro nose would have many more replies
>>
>>2975552
damn he looks straight up deranged levels of rich. after all hong kong is most rolls royce per cap in the world
>>
And?
He became a smug asshole and wasn't entertaining anymore
>>
>>2975554
Who is Kai 2?
>>
>>2975552
Damn I hope he doesn't bawleete everything on youtube.

I like to revisit the cheap camera/pro photog challenges every once and a while.
>>
>>2975555
I just read that in Loks voice.

>Ehs reahhwwy bettah
>>
It's sad but probably inevitable, I doubt DRTV gets that many sales from Kai's videos. Exposure, yes, but how many people even know it's an online retailer?

As Kai got more popular he probably wanted more money and at some point some bean counter at DRTV said this is costing us too much and decided to cut it. You can produce unboxing videos for nothing and get viewers on exposure.

For Kai it's probably better creatively to have his own channel where he can do more of what he wants.. maybe more actual photography instead of just funny gear reviews. I mean DRTV basically started before Youtube had a path for people to make money themselves on their videos, so it's a whole new world.
>>
>>2974902
she was a cute face
that's it
what did you expect?
>>2974901
Yeah analogrev was awesome, i wish they'd continue that.
>>
>>2975556
they are all rich as fuck
Kai is always wearing pleb-tier swiss luxury watches like Omega, Rolex, Panerai and shit like that. Nigga's so exhibitionist he sometimes wear one for each arm.
>>
>>2975755
>For Kai it's probably better creatively to have his own channel where he can do more of what he wants.. maybe more actual photography instead of just funny gear reviews. I mean DRTV basically started before Youtube had a path for people to make money themselves on their videos, so it's a whole new world.
idk the last video Kai posted on his channel was a review and it was boring as shit. Also camera was all the times at a tripod recording him so it wasn't dynamic.
>>
>>2975939
seems like he's a one-man show now
>>
>>2975974
Two man show, his husband's involved too.
>>2975939
It works better when his husband has the camera, but not so great on a tripod (which was the problem a lot of the UK DRTV videos had).
>>
>>2974377
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgtoTSPMhk
HOLY SHIT
>>
>>2976375
DRTV rest in pieces

I assume the bloody producer didn't want to pay them the money they truly deserve so they've left the company.

Hopefully, Lok will soon be making videos with Kai again.
>>
>>2974377
>>2976375
Kai/Lok confirmed for lurking on /p/
>>
From the locations of Kai's videos I'm guessing he lives near me. If Lok comes over I hope I can meet them.

Kai shot a video in Bury St. Edmunds before I knew who he was because I walked past him setting up the camera.
>>
kai is "humour" over substance
>>
>>2976375
anybody knows why they left?
they both obviously still are interested in photo and videography and still want to make youtube videos
>>
>>2976453
Read the thread.
The answers are scattered within.
>>
>>2976375
He said it's not official, but likely he'll join uncle Kai. This is very good news
>>
>>2971587
>frodo's photos
tehfuk what? This guy is fucking salesman. Nothing wrong with trying to sell your shit, but it always seems to be his main motivation. If i want to watch advertisements, i watch the damn super bowl.
>>
i will miss the wideo man
>>
I hope they'll collaborate, they even did the airsoft stuff together back in the day I'm pretty sure. Really seems like it's going downhill at DRTV. I already wondered if something was up when they moved, started Bokeh, and the intern type people started appearing and disappearing constantly.

I've always liked DRTV but the new ones haven't quite been up there, apart from Analogrev (which I think has been better than old ones). I like Ian and his personality suits Analogrev perfectly. Warren seems like a good dude but not very good as a presenter/reviewer. Unless they find new talent or redo the whole thing I wonder how they'll manage. there's good chemistry between Ian and Warren but compared to Kai and Lok it's not even worth mentioning.
>>
>>2976490
I still don't think Lok will move to uk, he will most likely make videos in hk and also do collaboration over internet with uncle kai
>>
Lok and Warren gotta stop trying to be Kai - it got old really quick

>>2971700
>AnalogRev is dope
This
>>
>And these two newcunts are fucking cancer.
B-but the Ian's analogrev series was a success.
>>
drtv had some good moments but a lot of content felt somewhat forced and unnatural, uninspired and halfassed

i had the feeling they did not try to improve and there was not enough energy and affection

all of that was okay as long as alamby was around
>>
What are the best DRTV videos?
>>
>>2977238
Kai+Lok+Alamby were the golden days
>>
>>2977238
Pro tog cheap camera are nice to watch as a general series.
>>
>>2977238
the kai, lok, and alamby travel videos were fun
>>
so, will amazon hire them now?
>>
>>2977238
Anything from 2011-2013
>>
Don't forgot to follow me guys on Twitter @HannahRScott
>>
>>2977241
>>2977251
>>2977572
>>2977798
post links you fucks
>>
>>2978441
>pls hold my hand
>>
>>2978225
I've been in videos you fucks! so follow me
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>2977238
ShutterRev
It can't get better than that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugeLfB0NTHk
>>
>>2978620
kys yourself you hipster piece of shit
>>
>>2978648
>kys yourself
>kill your self yourself
>>
File: 1378546473622.jpg (298KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1378546473622.jpg
298KB, 600x456px
>>2978650
>mfw when he doesn't get ironic misuse of memes

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Image Created2012:12:09 13:15:03
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width600
Image Height456
>>
>>2978656
>le edgy use of maymays
damage control
>>
>>2978661
>le
>edgy
bye reddit.
>embarrass yourself
>n-no you're just doing e-edgy damage c-control
>>
>>2978662
That's the joke, dimwit.
>>
>>2978668
nah, you fucked up mate
>>
>>2978676
>trying to flip tables

Not going to work. kek
>>
>>2978699
>trying to laugh it off
your embarrassment will follow you into your grave
kekekekek
>>
>>2971548
Inb4
>Jared Polin Fro knows photo... Dot com here with Lil's body that I dug out for a photoshoot. Right lil, you excited?
>>
>>2978762
see yah
>>
Oh yeah by the way, in case you didn't know the presenters are all rich already, except lok. Rich in the sense they don't need this job in drtv but hey who doesn't want to get famous
>>
>>2978875
Well, seeing how Kai likes to push equipment insurance to the limits he better have a few extra bucks lying around. I mean, if you saw his videos would you loan him anything? Lenders must jump for joy while insurers cringe every time they shoot.
>>
>>2978881
Sure you can't claim insurance with video evidence on negligence?
>>
>>2978934
I'd blame the 300/F4 breakage on the nonexistent assistant but watching him throw a camera up in the air or put a 5d under running water or an open water bottle may make me think twice... maybe.
>>
>>2978955
I do believe in that particular situation (the 300/4 fiasco) he was acting very mature. The small footage they showed of the accident only showed the assistants hands but not his face. The only face shown was his so from the insurance point of view he was taking the blame, protecting the assistant who probably couldn't afford that lens for years.
>>
>>2977241
>alamby
she barely ever did or say anything
>>
>>2979049
She was shy which made her cute.
She's the kind of girl who looks cute being annoyed or angry too.
>>
>>2979049
Neither did Rita, what's your point?
>>
>>2979050
yeah i guess
i don't really miss her a whole lot is i guess what i mean

lok left some days ago, DRTV should put warren behind cameras again and hire a new presenter
>>
>>2973334
no need to avoid the analogy, the channel made blatant references to top gear all the time
>>
>>2971524
whats wrong, anon? mom bought the wrong pop tarts again didn't she?
>>
>>2971662
no one likes you either
>>
>>2971704
you see used condoms on the street? what shithole do you live in?
>>
>>2971704
>Ian talking about analogue cameras was neat
so much this, i wish that would come back
the contax g2 video was pretty great
>>
>>2976440
you are "a faggot"
>>
>>2976667
not a perfect channel but by far the best photography channel on youtube
>>
>>2978717
>>2978699
pathetic twats
>>
Digitalrev is eceleb garbage Witz no information content anyway. Just Luke tek syndicate and pretty mich everthing in YouTube. I be!ieve we only Luke that garbage because it suggests we are learning something Wien infact its just another camera rerview
>>
>>2979095
Use English on this website, shitskin subhuman.
>>
>>2971836
That's what houses are like in UK.
>>
>>2979056
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFgtoTSPMhk

shiiieet
>>
>>2974454
He's been wearing a wedding ring ever since he went back to the UK. I'm pretty sure the marriage was why he actually left HK, not the visa or illness stuff everybody was always speculating about.

>>2977241
>>2979049
IMO she just happened to be there during the show's best period.

I highly doubt she'll ever come back. My strong suspicion is that she left the show because she couldn't handle the nonstop flood of creepy comments about her and probably lots of shit we never saw, too. I used to date a minor e-celeb type, so I've seen the kind of shit they get on a daily basis, and I sure as hell wouldn't want to go back to it if I were her.
>>
>>2979098
not him but:
>shitskin subhuman
>in a thread about chinese guys
just go back to making /pol/ more like /b/ you retard
>>
He married his bear boyfriend - thats why hes in every video...
>>
>>2980143
Aww, the chimp is mad.
>>
what happened to rita? she seemed cute and cool
>>
>>2976009
>his husband
wot
>>
>>2981025
She was repeatedly harassed sexually by Lok and was forced to leave the company. Last I heard she was forbidden to get employed again in the business to protect Lok but now he is gone so maybe she can return.
Lok is a creepy fuck
>>
>>2981093
>>
>>2981025
Probably went back to travelling maybe. She was pretty good desu.
>>2981031
>he doesn't know that Kai is married to a man
>he didn't notice that Kai's best friend is in almost every video
You probably didn't notice the tranny intern either.
>>
File: MPVsnap-2016-12-12-0001.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MPVsnap-2016-12-12-0001.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
/ourguy/ is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st_3d0QQOOA
>>
>>2981333
Wait is Kai married to a man.
>>
>>2981947
no retard, you're being trolled
>>
>>2981951
R u sure? It could be true.
>>
>>2981941
>no Lok
>the video is shaky as fuck
we need Lok's steadyhands(tm) back
>>
>>2981973
Noticed that too, thought he got an OSMO in an earlier vid?
>>
>>2981973
Also everything filmed as if we're a little kid looking up.

At least the girl was cute. I want more of her.
>>
>>2982079
the girl? you mean the pig-faced vlogger cunt?
>>
>>2982032
All their gear belonged to DRTV. Lok is now a gear pauper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOG1Hl2c7xU
>>
Is it just me or are the audio levels like all over the fucking place on the latest one? Like, all too quiet at one moment, then when the music starts it's way too loud. Some kind of an auto-balancing amplification routine seems to also have been applied to the speaky bits, leaving them half-unintelligible.

Lok clearly didn't give the guy a proper lesson in audio engineering.
>>
>>2982087
you want to see shitty audio editing on youtube? check this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6USqt3HztA
>the part with the fucking rain sound effect
ffs can barely hear him
>>
>>2982085
Yeah, that fucked up bitch better not get more screen time, whore cunt
>>
>>2982087
Fuck, lok is a subscriber beggar now lol, and what a poor imitator of the shitty neistat if I ever saw one, go do an unboxing of your underwear for likes
>>
>>2971314
He didn't give any info, he was annoying and he had a stupid smirk. I honestly don't know if the goal of his vids was info or comedy. It was just pointless footage of him walking and talking some nonsense.
>>
>>2982287
>that is shit
>this is shit
>everything is shit
>throw the "shit" in question down the stairs or drop it into water fountain so that it'sbroken
>shit shit shit, shit
>only 1-Dx is good
sums up pretty much all their videos.
>>
>>2982287
>>2982312
lol you faggots are subscribed to FroO kNOwss foOOTOo ...... DOTCUM
>>
>>2982319
No. He's downright annoying, where as Kai and pals are just meh, that asshole and his videos are a guaranteed ruiner of your day.
>>
>>2971700
Analog Rev is some of the best videos they make. I actually like Ian a lot.
>>
>>2982404
Well you won't be pleased to know that Ian was one of the main reasons Lok decided to leave
>>
>>2982409
If you're really as informed as you're trying to look, stop writing in allusions and tell us what really happened. Was Lok not able to deal with Ian's eXXtreme personality or what?
>>
File: livmot.jpg (2MB, 3000x1974px) Image search: [Google]
livmot.jpg
2MB, 3000x1974px

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3S
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
PhotographerLIVIU SOVA/AGERPRES FOTO
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern1060
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)270 mm
Image Width2784
Image Height1848
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2014:04:03 18:50:56
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length180.00 mm
Image Width3000
Image Height1974
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Digital Zoom Ratio1.5
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2982409
No? I don't really care that much.
DRTV had some useful info. Cheap camera challenges were amusing. The humour was good at times.

Almost all youtube tards talk exclusively about gear and post processing. They can be useful for people who are quite literally beginning, but I don't get much out of them anymore.

Ted Forbes is ok, but half the time he's just jerking himself off with words.

Mostly I just watch TCSTV and Serge Remelli because of his fucking hilarious accent.
>>
>>2982409
Then go on and tell us, Kai.
>>
File: ThinkstockPhotos-92262439.jpg (277KB, 1000x601px) Image search: [Google]
ThinkstockPhotos-92262439.jpg
277KB, 1000x601px

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePixS1Pro
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
PhotographerEditorial12
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image Created2005:07:30 01:10:15
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramPortrait Mode
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length86.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height601
>>
>>2982434
>>2982448
take your third world politics back to the third world
>>
>>2982409
Won't you be pleased to know that I prefer content that I enjoy watching over which person I like the most. It's why you can be sure to know I'll happily unsub from Kai the minute he starts producing the type of pish he was doing at the late DR

Hard truth is that Ian is in videos that are actually interesting to me, Lok is in X or Y video just because he's Lok. He didn't have anything special once he stopped being the "wideo" guy and others could hold a camera. Ian could cause Warren to leave and I'd be absolutely fine with that, since Warren has yet to be a substantial part of a video that I could enjoy.
>>
>>2982468
Well actually you are more spot on in a sense, Kai left, Lok become irrelevant as he is a sidekick and the producer really didn't have faith in him carrying the torch

so we now have your bae Ian coming through the ranks, he does good videos when he is bothered, but look at how much he has released recently

Lok can't even be the camera guy as Warren took over that role, so he left, also he loves the neistat so he believes he can succeed this way
>>
>>2971332
lok quit
>>
>>2982962
Last I heard Alabamy also left DRTV
>>
>>2982962
>>2982977
Yeah I think Kai's gone too now
>>
>>2982977
A long time ago. And while I enjoyed her on the show, she was definitely not required for the success of drtv. I don't get why people have created a triad, when really the whole show was about Kai only. It's not like top gear where you need all three or else it doesn't work. Just watching Kai's video by himself are enough for me. Whereas I struggled to enjoy Lok leading the pack. And I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed an Alamby only show either.
>>
>>2982985
>t's not like top gear where you need all three or else it doesn't work.
t. someone who doesn't watch Top Gear.
>>
>>2982985
Me too, Lok become an awkward leader most of his moments were cringe galore. He is rather a wingman type but then Warren was an even better wingman in the UK-Kai era DRTV.
I don't see how he could do any better on his own. Watching his tripod review was cringing the whole time, I might give him a chance with two more videos but then I will unsub very quickly.
>>
>>2982986
Nah he's right, it's not Top Gear unless it's the Clarkson/Hammond/CaptainSlow trio
>>
>>2982989
Lok is not funny and totally cringe material
>>
>>2982989
Lok is only funny when he is beside Kai. Also, I miss the snob Kai
>>
but he was so much fun ...
>>
>>2983412
If you mean Kai he is doing his own shows on his own channel. Lok is no value lost.
>>
What's the single best DRTV video?
>>
>>2983835
Any without Ian the rat
>>
>>2979050
>She's the kind of girl who looks cute being annoyed or angry too.

Except for that time she got annoyed and angry during the Eric Kim interview. Sure, he's a bit of an awkward guy but Alamby came off as a total bitch in that video. Hope Eric at least made her pay for her own lunch after that.
>>
>>2984020
lol you're the type of faggot to shoot up a school because some bitch was repulsed by you
>>
>>2984023
>Girls a bitch.
Lol u r school shooter fgt.
Lol wat.
>>
>>2984015
Don't talk shit about /ourguy/. Kai is normie tier, doesn't even wank off to rangefinders anymore.
>>
>>2984023
>whiteknighting this hard

Give it up. No matter how many likes on her instagram and ass licking comments you leave her, you're never going to meet or fuck her.
>>
>>2984023
"waa waa don't insult my waifu"

that's how you sound. kys
>>
>>2984258
>>2984542
>projecting this hard
>>
>>2984161
He is a piece of shit faker, tell him that being a hipster is not fashionable anymore the iphone cumstain lover
>>
>>2984020
That was akward as fuck. That girl is a bitch but kim is 4chantier autistic
>>
where did rita go? wanna watch more stuff with her, seemed chill
>>
>I gotta go out and buy a new hot wife
what did he mean by this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOG1Hl2c7xU
>>
File: file.png (64KB, 212x178px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
64KB, 212x178px
How terribly boring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp4IU-DmqOQ
>>
>>2986652
This was truly cancerous
>>
>>2984020
dude, that video looked like he just ran into her while she was at a restaurant (desu probably after stalking her twitter) and started bugging her.. it looked like she tried to be nice instead of just telling him to fuck off..
>>
>>2986652
it's over
drtv is finished.
>>
>>2986652
Made me unsub 2 minutes into the video.
>>
>>2986652
Whoever brainstormed this shit idea should just quit being a human
>>
>>2986652

>Kai and Lok are two of the key reasons behind our channel's success. They have chosen to pursue their own ventures after 7 years (SEVEN YEARS staying in the same company, doing the same thing! In a media company! In 2016! That's a very long time wouldn't you say?), and for us to continue making great content is also their wishes too

>for us to continue making great content is also their wishes too

no, I won't not unsubscribe.
>>
>>2986988
It's not their wish, if they wanted drtv to have good videos they would have made them themselves there, not let these losers make shit
>>
>>2986652
>watching dronerubbingtv
>watching droneshittv with Warren
They had three chances. If I count this as a chance, it's already done.

They're going to have to finish analrev before they let warren do another video
>>
So anyone got a torrent collection up of all their videos before everything is deleted?
>>
What trips would you nominate to replace Kai, Lok and Alamby if you had the choice?
>>
>>2987474
I won't replace them
>>
>>2987474
isi for all three
>>
>>2987480
the show would change it's name also to Fuji Rev
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL50A3D7kWw

Dear Lok: You may be visually entertaining but you're not even remotely as articulate as your former peer. Please find a group dynamic again.
>>
I like Ian
>>
>>2987880
That's part of his charm, but it needs someone else to bounce off from
>>
>>2988132
I genuinely grinned when he popped up then when he comically struggled to get out of the display at the beginning. But I struggled to understand him from that point and afterward.
>>
>>2987466
>before everything is deleted
drtv is still up. they won't delete anything
>>
>>2971651

Please go. And stay go.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (346KB, 1521x1440px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
346KB, 1521x1440px
unzip your dicks, because Rita is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJYW7nIh4zc

Camera SoftwareGreenshot
>>
File: hipster.jpg (21KB, 468x380px) Image search: [Google]
hipster.jpg
21KB, 468x380px
>>2989118
This really got me thinking, what is the customer base for these polaroid cameras?
It can be hipsters for these new polaroid cameras, so teen age girls then?
>>
>>2989138
Old farts, nostalgic for when Polaroid was still real.
>>
File: Alamby 2.0.jpg (69KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Alamby 2.0.jpg
69KB, 750x750px
>ywn travel with her, taking pointless snapshits
>>
>>2988786
I think I have seen the guy op's image sometime somewhere... Can't recall where though. Must be some important guy?
>>
>>2989279
I wanna wife Rita.

I fucking hate Alamby
>>
So what's the point of Digital Rev now?
>>
>>2971314
Welp, the last reason to live is gone.

Buy fâms
>>
>>2989375
To bleed subscribers and attract plebs.

Focus on:
Action cams
Droneshit
Phones
Appealing to the IG crowd
Gimbals
Having male 20-30's presenters

Ditch:
Anything film related
Fuck cameras
Fuck lenses
Entertainment
Average educational pieces
Waifus

They realised that the majority of people who watch their content are fags and normies and started appealing to them. You will never see an Xpan in DRTV again and you sure as hell ain't ever getting a cosy large format episode. Ian, if you're reading this, just leave and join a good channel. Don't let you dreams be memes.

>>2989279
>>2989374
we all do ;_;
>>
>>2989279
Rita is such a qt3.14. i don't see why people tend to like Alamby more than her. Alamby is a normie-tier asian girl whereas Rita is a real stunner.
>>
>>2989432
Ian go back to making metal gear solid, the dream is real!
>>
I just want to hug her
>>
File: warrior-in-polish.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
warrior-in-polish.png
7KB, 645x773px
I remember when this thread was posted...
>>
>>2989871
it wasnt that long ago senpai
>>
>>2989432
Man, I hadn't thought about that. Ian must be suffering there. He should join Lok.
>>
>>2989138
one physical copy shared with someone means more than 999 shared on social media.

at least that's what I think the argument is
>>
>Being this ironic

Lok, you never fail to amuse.

Image Width410
Image Height237
>>
Grab on to your seatbelts, familia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZG8NTLFwfc
>>
>>2990663
it wasnt that bad
>>
>>2971314
Guy looks like a skeleton monkey, Chinese are truly the ugliest of yellow men.
>>
>>2990663
>dead camera maker
>dead camera channel
wew
>>
>>2990679
Not to mention a hairy ape with man boobs and inflated ego being cringy as fuck
>>
>>2990663
The guy is soooooo fucking fat, all he is doing is wobbling the lard
>>
>>2990663
I liked this. drtv not dead yet.
>>
>>2990663
fucking awful
>>
>>2990663
I thought it was pretty good. On par with other things they've done before. And he has a bit more personality than Warren.
>>
>>2990707
if they're entertaining i'll watch. I'd rather see them make an effort to be entertaining than give us replacement asians. And while I enjoyed Kai and Lok they lost their luster for me in the last year . I honestly haven't been compelled to watch until they had something to say about their employment status.
>>
File: Ken rockwell seal of approval.png (2MB, 2837x3131px) Image search: [Google]
Ken rockwell seal of approval.png
2MB, 2837x3131px
>>2971587
Needs more saturation
>>
>>2990742
>2837x3131
>1.64 MB
>png
die
>>
File: 1482946111756.gif (1KB, 28x31px) Image search: [Google]
1482946111756.gif
1KB, 28x31px
>>2990745
better?
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>2990749
>>
File: 1482946111756.png (2MB, 2837x3131px) Image search: [Google]
1482946111756.png
2MB, 2837x3131px
>>2990742
Made some adjustments, much better now I think.
>>
File: 1482946111756 copy.gif (268KB, 2837x3141px) Image search: [Google]
1482946111756 copy.gif
268KB, 2837x3141px
>>2990751
>>
>>2990667
>>2990703
congrats on being their new fucking retarded target audience!
>>
>>2990767
>waaaaah stop liking what i dont like
>pedophile
>>
>>2990663
It was terrible, everything I predicted DRTV would become.
Next video just needs to be about some sort of other videomaker shit to target their casual vlogging audience.
>>
>>2990795
As one of few remaining people who never cared enough about GoPros to know their product history, I found it informative, then entertaining that they screwed the pooch trying to stay relevant.
>>
>>2990798
I bet you also find a glass of water entertaining
>>
>>2990803
I find it refreshing!
>>
>>2990803
As one of few remaining people who never drank out of anything other than plastic bottles, I find glasses economical. Amazing how plastic bottles do so much damage out of convenience!
>>
>>2990804
what if its tepid?
>>
>>2989833
She'll turn old and wrinkly someday
>>
>>2991563
and her wizard sleeve will be glorious
>>
>>2991563
I'd still think shes cute
>>
File: expired.png (19KB, 851x177px) Image search: [Google]
expired.png
19KB, 851x177px
Hmm...
>>
>>2993631
Should have posted
>NEVER SHOULD HAVE STARTED PUTTING OUT SHITTY CONTENT ASSHOLES
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.