[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/film/ General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 76

File: Film General.jpg (196KB, 977x805px) Image search: [Google]
Film General.jpg
196KB, 977x805px
This is the Film General Thread, aka FGT.
This is where you can post your film photos without flushing them down the recent photo toilet and ask about film gear .

>this hobby is dying more and more every day!

Remember, we're all the BEST of friends here.

Old thread >>2963804
>>
i have two 126 film rolls. what the f*ck am i supposed to do with them?
>>
>>2971157
http://camerapedia.wikia.com/wiki/126_film
>>
>>2971157
GIVE TO ME FOR INSTAMATIC
>>
Anyone have experience with rollei 35? I have a canon ae1-meme camera but I want a smaller one and I want to try rangefinders.
>>
File: Argus A3.jpg (515KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Argus A3.jpg
515KB, 1000x667px
>inherit camera from the 1940's which may or may not be broken
>will never know because someone busted the screw on the bottom to open it up

I like the way it looks at least.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Lens Size18.00 - 55.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware 1.0.2
Owner Nameunknown
Serial Number0920502074
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:24 16:58:53
Exposure Time8 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length42.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessHigh
SaturationHigh
ContrastHigh
Shooting ModeUnknown
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeManual
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed224
Camera Actuations419430402
Color Matrix0
>>
>>2971170

open it up you cuck. do it in the dark, might have a film inside.
>>
>>2971181
cant, the screw on the bottom is fucked. Theres a screw-thing in there and according to a youtube video I watched it was supposed to be a D-ring that you unscrewed by hand but its not stationary so if you push on it at all it gets stuffed up into the body.
>>
>>2971185

theres no i cant, theres only i dont want to reeee

open it, arent you curious?

these are the options:
>you never open it, you dont know what it has inside, you die
>you open it, it has cool content, you fuck the camera but you still have the chance to left it for display, you die
>you open it, has cool content, the camera is now usable, you fucking die

do it now!
>>
>>2971185

Even if the manual screw is broken there very likely are small screws holding the whole plate.
>>
>>2971188
>this
what are you waiting for op? do it before the thread dies.
>>
>>2971170
buss it open papi
>>
File: IMG_0002.jpg (3MB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
3MB, 3456x2304px
Full size, you can see the center screw is inside. If I pick at it I can get it to 'fall' down into the middle but like I said, any pressure applied to it and it retracts quicker than my testicles on a <50° day.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Lens Size18.00 - 55.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware 1.0.2
Owner Nameunknown
Serial Number0920502074
Image Created2016:11:24 18:31:47
Exposure Time1.6 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramNot Defined
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length27.00 mm
Image Width3456
Image Height2304
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessHigh
SaturationHigh
ContrastHigh
Shooting ModeUnknown
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeManual
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed224
Camera Actuations419430402
Color Matrix0
>>
>>2971200
Plus the tunnel viewfinder (its not a rangefinder) is missing its glass or plastic on both sides and the extinction meter is missing/busted.

The lever on the lens itself still operates the shutter and the shutter speed is still modulated by the dial. Not sure what the button on the top of the body does however. It doesn't seem to do anything that I can hear, though it does take a little force to push down.
>>
>>2971200
>Mirrorless
>>
>>2971213
Just an old point'n'shoot. I couldn't even justify the price of repair cause you can buy a working Argus A3 for like $70 or $80
>>
Opinions on Fuji 160NS? Might pick up some 220 pro-packs this weekend
>>
>>2971215

super soft and pastely. works cool on asian skin.
>>
>>2971160
Yes
>>
Does anyone have an Instax 90 Mini ? Just purchased one and it's coming in tomorrow.
>>
On older cameras that don't automatically advance the film, how do you know how far to advance it manually?
I could see me getting less than 24/36 exposures just because I advanced too far.
>>
>>2971280
One full cock and release of the lever (advance it all the way, return it back) advances exactly one frame. A lot of cameras have a ratchet on the film-advance that doesn't let it return back until the film has been advanced the proper amount.

Basically you don't need to worry about it for most models of camera.
>>
File: JPY160NS017 - JPY160NS022.jpg (362KB, 1047x800px) Image search: [Google]
JPY160NS017 - JPY160NS022.jpg
362KB, 1047x800px
>>2971215
It's high quality film. Sharp, saturated, excellent latitude for postprocessing. I find it relatively cool compared to other films.
>>
>>2971280
Read the manual for such camera to be sure.
>>
It seems like the readily available 35mm color films from Adorama & BH are basically

>Kodak Kodacolor
>Kodak Ektar
>Kodak Portra
>Fujifilm Fujicolor Superia
>Fujifilm Velvia
>Fujifilm Provia

What really sets these apart? I've heard Velvia is good for slides and that Ektar is good for bright sunny days. But I don't know about the rest. Whats your experience been?
>>
>>2971452
Kodacolor and Superia are general purpose budget films. They are great and can do almost anything. Ektar has a lot of contrast and Portra is very muted with an interesting and distinctive look. Velvia is really great for objects and nature. Provia can do everything but does not look as good as Velvia with nature. Velvia and Provia as slide films have terrible latitudes. They work great when properly exposed and there isn't a lot of latitude in the photo. Just choose what part of the of the photo you really care about and expose for that.
>>
>>2971452
protip: go to flickr and browse yourcamera/yourdreamcamera+emulsion (ie. mamiya c220 portra 160).

prepare to be floored.
>>
>>2971143

OK, I have a question. I've developed two rolls of black and white film so far. They both came out okay, but near the middle of the roll there is a strange sort of visual distortion I cannot quite describe.

It looks like certain parts of the image got a lot more developer, or a lot less, in one or two frames; a sort of wave pattern, like an S on its side. I'm pretty confident I'm spooling this shit correctly, it all unwinds easily; I'm following the time and temperature recommended, but it's happened twice now, and I'm curious as to what may be causing it.

I have a scanner ordered, should be here in two days. Will upload examples when possible.
>>
>>2971225
Gotcha.

>>2971286
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear. A bit cool eh? Wonder how itd look with a warming filter. Will do a few test shots with one for sure.
>>
>>2971452
>Kodak Kodacolor
Often real cheap, rather grainy but vivid colors. Good for recreating those old timey comfy holiday snapshits when shot with an old everyman's camera like a Hi-Matic AF.
>Kodak Ektar
Koda's attempt at creating a replacement for slide film with a negative film. Sharp grain, can deliver excellent colors, but highly undependable and requires a lot of correction in post. Tends to produce a blue cast which makes scenes look bleak. Not recommended because Portra and slide films will give you better results more reliably.
>Kodak Portra
Idiot proof film, fast, sharp grain, great colors, and dependable. The kind of film to take when you're unsure of what you'll face because it fits nearly any situation.
>BONUS: Kodak Gold/Ultramax
Less saturated than Kodacolor with sharper grain. Great all-round film but usually more expensive and less widely available than Fuji's equivalents (depending on your location).
>Fujicolor/Superia
I've found C200 to be the best cheap color film around in overall performance. Superias tend to shift towards magenta but this is easy to fix. Less grainy than Kodacolor, loses to Kodak Gold in colors but is usually cheaper and better available.
>Fujifilm Velvia
The maxed saturation slider before Photoshop was a thing. Sharp as a razor, extremely vivid colors, powerful contrast. Expensive and as a slide film, tricky to expose especially in high contrast situations. When you nail it though, the results are worth it.
>Fujifilm Provia
An all-round slide film, not as crazy saturated as Velvia.
>BONUS: Fuji Pro 400H
Fuji's answer to Portra. Soft pastel colors when you need that kind of look.
>>
>>2971280
On cameras with a winding knob and an interlocked shutter (i.e. FEDs, Zorkis, Leica iis, etc.), the knob will turn and then stop. The user is expected to wind until that point. Releasing the shutter allows the knob to go forward one frame's worth again.

The lever-wound cameras will also stop winding after one frame. Some require a short stroke, others a long stroke (soviet cameras in particular go like 180 degrees from where it catches), some leicas require two strokes. Many allow the user to do either.

tl;dr -- the camera is set up so that film doesn't wind too far. In some it'll also not wind too little even with user error, i.e. the camera won't expose a partial frame.
>>
>>2971313
The best place for manuals on old film cameras is Orphan Cameras - the site is: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/
Unlike all the other sites that have manuals this one has great scans and Dick does not charge for them. Of course he asks for a donation but none needed.
>>
is it true that film can get fucked at airports or is it just a dank /p/ maymay
>>
>>2971970
It won't affect you if you're shooting film that's natively less than ISO800. If you're doing commercial work or you're worried, get it handchecked. It'll take no time at all assuming you're not brown.
>>
>>2971970
Film does get majorly fucked by the main luggage scanners. So keep film in your carry-on bag, and don't go through with a loaded camera in case they want to open it up. Generally the whole-body scanner and the carry-on scanner don't fog film noticeably (i.e. under a film scanner) until seven or eight passes down, or pushed real hard (6400 and beyond).
>>
Anyone tried this film? Opinions? Worth it?

https://reanimatedfilm.com/products/kolorit-400-tungsten-color-negativ-film
>>
>>2972015
>Worth it?
24exposure rolls of lomoshit for only $16 each?!
Gee whiz, I hope they don't sell out before I get a chance to buy some...
>>
>>2972015
>hand rolled & hand packed, each roll is unique

lmaoooooooooooooo

so loading a 35mm casette counts as crafty artisanry now? fucking hell.
>>
>>2972015

that whole page is super retarded.

and that package design is disgusting and amateur.
>>
>>2971977
kodak's site states otherwise
https://www.kodak.com/global/en/service/tib/tib5201.shtml#SEC43
>>
BLACK FRIDAY PSA

Mastin Labs presets are on sale, if you want to keep a digital workflow consistent with your film scans.
>>
>>2972154
Oh nice
>>
>>2972058
aye, good fer you pal, ye've really gone an' shown me wi yer wee fuckin' 'aitch tee emm 'ell site there.
aye, it bloody goes an' says iso 400 and there's me sayin' if you shoot iso 800 an' above. I guess ma own experience has nothin' tae dae wi' it and noo yer gonnae post 24-36 examples in this thread, aye?
Didnae think so.

of course we have tae accept the fact that the bugger askin' the question's a wee gobshite who didnae say how much film he's takin' wi' 'im or what type a film he shoots so as far as I'm concerned he's still a wee gobshite who's baiting pricks like you to post sources fae kodak.
>>2972015
I'm pretty sure Tungsten balanced film is enjoying a nice revival at the moment with people paying through the nose to shoot cinestill instead of Vision. Why you'd pay £9 a roll to do it when you could buy a filter for your lens is beyond me. Tho I guess the lomo crowd will eat anything up that doesn't have a practical use.
>>2972045
I listen to a bit of Mozart when loading my D400. I like to think that I'm infusing each cassette with a little bit more artistry.
I use speed metal when processing to compensate and please the EI gods.
>>2972154
Nice. I can buy some presets today that I will literally never fucking use.
>>
File: IMG_9803.jpg (136KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9803.jpg
136KB, 500x352px
I need a new compact. My Nikon L35AF is being unreliable and I feel it's a clunky piece of shit anyway.

What other options do I have? The Mju ii is the obvious choice. I can get a Yashica T3 for a similar price or a T4/T5 if I spend a bit more. I like the idea of the super scope but is it just a gimmick or is it good for street shooting?

Image Width500
Image Height352
>>
Just ordered a Plustek 8100. Got a pretty good Black Friday deal. Should I get Vuescan? I've heard the software that comes with it is a pile of shit.
>>
>>2972279
I've been using the Silverfast software that comes with it for two years and never had any problems with it. I tried Vuescan recently and I don't see what all the fuss is about, it's horribly clunky to use and can't even display histograms or anything. All you have is a bunch of sliders with no information displayed.
>>
>>2972265
Smena is good
>>
>>2972283
To be fair I'm going to be doing all my editing in Photoshop/Lightroom. As long as I can get a clean scan with a decent dynamic range I should be fine.
>>
>>2972292
I don't want any backwards Russian shit
>>
>>2972338
Yes you do. You also want some crunchy backwards Retropan up in your camera-pussy.
>>
File: Wood.jpg (470KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
Wood.jpg
470KB, 1000x669px
You guys like my wood?
>>
File: Kitchen.jpg (450KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
Kitchen.jpg
450KB, 1000x669px
Kitchen was redone last week, took a few months.

The cleanest section has my decorative beer glasses, go figure.
>>
File: Cabinet.jpg (438KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
Cabinet.jpg
438KB, 1000x669px
The glass has a crackle pattern on it that I could just barely see in the shadow.
>>
File: KonicaSTest 19.jpg (842KB, 1440x953px) Image search: [Google]
KonicaSTest 19.jpg
842KB, 1440x953px
A few shots from a recent outing. FP4+ is bretty gud.
>>
File: KonicaSTest 25.jpg (808KB, 870x1280px) Image search: [Google]
KonicaSTest 25.jpg
808KB, 870x1280px
>>
File: KonicaSTest 26.jpg (1MB, 1440x972px) Image search: [Google]
KonicaSTest 26.jpg
1MB, 1440x972px
>>
File: KonicaSTest 29.jpg (554KB, 812x1280px) Image search: [Google]
KonicaSTest 29.jpg
554KB, 812x1280px
And we're done.
>>
>>2972464
>>2972463
Like It

>>2972462
Love It

>>2972461
Gotta Have It
>>
Am I going to regret dropping £80-90 on a Mju ii? I want a decent compact and that's the cheapest they're going for on eBay.
>>
File: img944.jpg (395KB, 1000x793px) Image search: [Google]
img944.jpg
395KB, 1000x793px
Mamiya 7 Tri-X 400

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:11:26 14:35:39
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height793
>>
>>2972464
This is nice m8.
What is a Konica S?
>>
>>2972479
As long as you don't expect it to deliver the image quality, build quality, degree of control or durability of an £80-90 film camera, you'll be stoked.
>>
File: Cane.jpg (489KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cane.jpg
489KB, 669x1000px
I don't think many others are that good, but I like this one.

This is a cane my dad made for my grandfather out of a root of a tree. He spent weeks sanding and staining it, getting it perfect, and my grandfather had a stroke and became unresponsive before he could give it to him.

He didn't die immediately, he lived on an IV for a while just to see if he'd snap out of it, but he didn't. He kept going for maybe a week after they took out the IV expecting him to starve to death.

I've never seen anyone that thin in my life and I hate that it had to be him.
>>
>processed a roll of HP5 today only to find out that I shot it on my bronica like 6-7 months ago
wew, maybe I really should keep a marker pen in my bag.
>>
>>2972494
Poorly composed, and the story doesn't make the picture any better. Millennial stereotype/10
>>
>>2972496
Yeah the photo doesn't convey anything about the story, I just liked the contrast and shapes. Story's unrelated to the photo on its own.

I just vent about it anonymously sometimes because it still bothers me.
>>
File: IMG_9809.jpg (348KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9809.jpg
348KB, 960x640px
Few snapshits from my first ever roll of Portra 400.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Macintosh)
Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
>>2972566

cool shsot i like it.
>>
File: IMG_9808.jpg (326KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9808.jpg
326KB, 960x640px
Pretty impressed with the colours and smooth grain. Although it's not cheap at £9 a roll.

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
File: IMG_9807.jpg (213KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9807.jpg
213KB, 960x640px
Surprisingly good in super low light as well. This was a really dim lamp.

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
File: IMG_9806.jpg (300KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9806.jpg
300KB, 960x640px
Probably my favourite shot from the roll. Massive homelessness crisis in my city. Any C&C welcome.

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
>>2972573
>>2972575
>>2972576

you dont need c&c. you have a neat eye and your stuff shows consistency. keep shooting.

great colors also, clean images, will get me some portra rolls.
>>
>>2972575
Whoa this is neon as hell, it's like some 80s illustration. Sharing this with my Discord groups.
>>
>>2972573
>9 quid a roll
>Portra 400
GEORGE! STOP! Start buying in bulk, even the propacks are cheaper from the most expensive places. I shoot P400 every now and then but usually buy about 15-20 rolls at a time with about another 50-60 rolls of misc film. I don't think I've ever paid more than £6 a roll for P400/160. Portra 800 is a right old cunt though.

It's really worth it if you shoot a lot in high contrast scenes though, Portra really loves to push the limit when it comes to retaining highlights.

As for C&C, while taking pictures of homeless people isn't my style the other shots are well framed, well exposed and focused properly.
>>2972566 is probably the best, maybe not intentional but the separation from the left and right of the frame along with the subject passing in front of the shadow works really well for it. I'd say I'm impressed with the shutter speed but I guesstimate It was 1/60 or 1/125 since she's running.

Keep it up. I like seeing good photos in the /fgt/.
>>
>>2972572
>>2972580
>>2972582
Thanks!

>>2972583
Where do you get yours from? Cheapest I've seen it is like £40 for a pack of 5. I've got boat loads of Agfa Vista 200 to run through which I've hoarded from Poundland. Portra will probably be my go-to 400 from now on though. Superia 400 never looks great to me which is what I've used in past.

Was shot at 1/125 I think, and thanks!
>>
>>2972591
I usually get film from ebay/amazon/fotoimpex. There's a few other sites out there but I do buy in bulk. Been a while since I bought P160/400 desu, still have about 40~ rolls in my fridge at the moment. last time I bought P400 was in January for around 4.71 eurobux per roll. Last time I bought 135, was £30 for a 5 pack.

it's best to check every site when you're stocking up, buying in higher quantity usually pushes the price down pretty far. Kodak films tend to rise and fall in price at times due to available stock.
>>
File: IMG_2828.jpg (2MB, 3052x2411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2828.jpg
2MB, 3052x2411px
I always lose my reminder tabs. Do you guys use them? How's my state-of-the-art labeling system?

On mobile, sorry for the size.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 6
Camera Software10.0.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)29 mm
Image Created2016:11:26 17:27:31
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness2.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length4.15 mm
Image Width3052
Image Height2411
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2972599
>tfw the other day i needed to test a lens and i opened my spotmatics back and it had film loaded

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but, i have a big piece of masking tape on the back of my rolleiflex with explicit instructions on how to load the film, i always forget how to do it and shit wont advance the counter if you do it wrong.
>>
>>2972599
Better than mine, I started using stickers to record film/ISO but they left behind a sticky residue so I stopped. I open film doors so often that it's stopped being funny a long time ago. If the camera has a tab I TRY to put some cardboard in with film etc in it but I'm not the best at it or it gets lost. My film windows are taped to prevent fogging for IR film.
I shit you not, I opened a 6x4.5 back tonight to find some fomapan 400 inside. It's no big loss but I need help

What are you using on your backs and what kinda residue does it leave behind? I wouldn't mind trying some neato methods.
>>
>>2972601
It's just plain 3M masking tape. The plain adhesive on paper tapes doesn't leave a jelly residue like plastic tapes. This is the first time I've labeled them with tape, but i have experience with this tape and it doesn't leave any stain. If it does you can clean it with rubbing alcohol and a q-tip. If you want to go a little further, use blue painters tape, it's designed to peel off clean.
>>
File: fuji01.jpg (641KB, 656x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fuji01.jpg
641KB, 656x1000px
super fungus-ey dated pentax lens fuck yeah

Equipment MakePlustek
Camera ModelOpticFilm 8100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.3 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:11:27 14:26:56
>>
File: beug.jpg (859KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
beug.jpg
859KB, 665x1000px
bumping the thread with the humble gatorbeug in it's natural habitat

this lens fringes like fuck wide open. decently sharp tho

>>
any online store to buy neopan 35mm? on ebay its so fucking expensive.
>>
>>2972729
what country are you in? If you're in Australia I think Ikagai camera has some
>>
File: IMG_3160.png (3MB, 1125x2001px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3160.png
3MB, 1125x2001px
>>2971576
Neat
>>
>>2972729
or if you're a Burger you can get it here.
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/02302105-Fuji-Neopan-Acros-100-ISO-35mm-x-36-exp.
>>
Wewwwww

Equipment MakeFUJITSU
Camera ModelF-04G
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Image Created2016:11:27 09:08:36
Exposure Time33333/1000000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating193
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness0.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.80 mm
Image Width2048
Image Height1536
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2972785

comfy pack.
>>
>>2972785
>24exp rolls
wew indeed.
>>
>>2972729
Was the rumour true that Acros was being put down? Coupla months ago.
>>
>>2972815
It costs the exact same per frame for 36exp as it does for 24exp. Went with 24exp so I can get the film deved more frequently (it takes me a good few weeks to burn through 36 exposures usually).
>>
>>2972818
It doesn't cost the exact same per frame when you pay 50% more for dev.
Congratulations, you played yourself.
>>
File: i hate being outside 2.png (18KB, 147x149px) Image search: [Google]
i hate being outside 2.png
18KB, 147x149px
>>2972874
>uses a lab that charges a flat rate per roll and not per frame
>>
>>2972874
$3 for 24exp dev
$4.30 for 36exp dev

Its pretty much the exact same price bruh
>>
File: 1422710917754.jpg (22KB, 157x209px) Image search: [Google]
1422710917754.jpg
22KB, 157x209px
>>2972906
>almost 50% more
>pretty much exact the same price
>>
>>2972906
>>2972900
This must be some American/jewish thing, I've never seen a lab charge different prices for 35mm rolls. In that case I guess it doesn't matter.
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
>>2972910
Price per frame you dipshit.

>>2972914
I've seen it done in the US, Canada, and Japan. Same goes for 120/220.
>>
File: IMG_9812.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9812.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Thoughts on the Yashica T3? Was going to get a Mju ii but this was practically the same price. Does it come with Uncle Terry'a seal of approval?

Image Width1280
Image Height720
>>
Are there still places to get film developed around?
Because I don't shoot often enough to invest in the material to do it myself.

Fuck I hate this, I mean, I like film and all but I'm just too poor.
>>
>>2972950

the word Tessar makes my dick tingle.
>>
>>2972919
>Price per frame you dipshit.

what the fuck. so if you shoot hassy pano with logn ass frames you get charged pennies for a whole roll?

what if you do a one shot roll with a pinhole camera, will that count as a single frame too?
>>
File: IMG_9820.jpg (99KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9820.jpg
99KB, 500x332px
>>2972950
Well Terry uses the T4/5. I prefer the T3 though because of the faster lens. It looks pretty ugly though.

Horizontal Resolution100 dpi
Vertical Resolution100 dpi
Image Width500
Image Height332
>>
>>2972785
That poor couch
>>
>>2972952
depends on where you live but usually yes
>>
>>2972958
stop, you're embarassing yourself
>>
Is there a way to convert a fixed focus camera into a zone focus one, say to have 3 presets infinite macro and 1.5mt?
>>
>>2973100
Just have to move the lens forward or backward slightly. If you're lucky the lens will be on a screw mount and you can just turn it a bit.
>>
>>2973104

yeah i was thinking about that, got to see some pics of the camera open up and the lens is some kind of tube with 3 elements inside, moving it forward about 2 mm forward should give me macro.
>>
>>2972919
>Same goes for 120/220
Yeah, most places do that, but a 220 roll is fully double the size, so the justification is obvious.
Does anyone really calculate their replenishment/costs depending on whether they put 24's, 27's or 36's through their minilab though?
>>
>>2973125

when i take my 220 rolls to the lab i dont tell them they are 220, so they charge me a 120 roll, hahaha can you believe it? im such a FREAK
>>
>getting charged for different frame counts or film lengths
I didn't you people in /fgt/ were such doormats. There's 0 justification for this if you're paying for processing only.

You doormats are paying for processing only right? You're not one of those shitters who has to have the lab scan their shit right?
>>
>>2973145
>NORITSU KOKI
>>
>>2973145
I always get lo-res scans from my local lab which I basically use as a contact sheet to select my best shots. I've got a Plustek 8100 so it'd be a bit of a pain to do the whole roll.
>>
File: IMG_9822.jpg (247KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9822.jpg
247KB, 960x640px
>>2973146
Are these better than the Fuji Frontier scanners? I've recently started using a new lab that scans with a Noritsu and I think I prefer the colours.

Image Width960
Image Height640
>>
>>2972958
No...you get charged for whatever a roll of 24 / 36 exposures costs...regardless of how many frames are actually on a roll.

>>2973125
I guess they do? My last lab was something like:
>$2.99 for 12 exp rolls
>3.49 for 24 exp rolls
>$3.99 for 36 exp rolls

Obviously at that place you might as well shoot 36exp rolls because you get 12 extra frames for another 50 cents.

>>2973145
Of course I get dev only. I don't see the problem tbhfamalam.
>>
>>2973159
You don't live in a place with light or have the ability to hold up a roll of film?
>>
In a black friday fugue, I seem to have gearfagged me a 1970s Tamron 300mm f/5.6, adaptall version, for 30€. Did I do good? This'll go on a OM-4 w/ ganged flash (combined GN 37-ish m) cos there's fuck-all light around this time of year.

Maybe there'll be something interesting between 2.5 and 9.25 meters, yeah? Dead plants and shit.
>>
Sorry if this should go in the gear thread, but should I get a pen-EE2 or a konika MG for my first film camera? Are they different enough that I wouldn't regret buying both?
>>
>>2973280
>pen-EE2 or a konika MG for my first film camera?

both will give you different stuff. pen is half frame point n shoot. the other one is standard party/beach cam with built in flash. half frame means huge grain, not so sharp pics, but hella fun. not very suitable for lanscapes where you want detail, more for daidoing on the streets and everyday snaps.

beware of pen selenium meter, get a working one.
konica is a big camera for you. have that in mind. there are way smaller full frame p&s.
>>
>>2973284
Could I live with a broken meter if I'm smart with it?
I'll probably get both, only way to make sure I won't regret getting the other.
>>
>>2973300

youll get stuck to one shutter speed i think. the basic models dont have manual override.
>>
>>2973303
I'm just looking to take snapshits really so I'll survive if that's the case. Thanks man
>>
File: 29A.jpg (332KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
29A.jpg
332KB, 1500x1000px
Not sure if I like this or not. Feedback welcome.
>>
>>2973386
its literally a shot of nothing.
>>
>>2973386
Maybe you like it because of a memory of the store, you'd have to supply more than the one photo to build the store's interior for us to enjoy it.

I don't like it, it isn't really anything to me but an old radio and wine.
>>
>>2973386
It frankly looks like you accidently took a photo while in a wine store. Subject matter is boring. Composition isnt existant. Lighting sucks. I wouldn't have even bothered scanning that frame desu.
>>
File: CHESS.jpg (836KB, 1200x968px) Image search: [Google]
CHESS.jpg
836KB, 1200x968px
9D backgammon

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Horizontal Resolution1599 dpi
Vertical Resolution1599 dpi
Image Created2016:11:28 00:45:15
Image Width1200
Image Height968
>>
File: IT000071.jpg (692KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
IT000071.jpg
692KB, 1000x667px
>>2973413
magenta tinge no? either way no need for accurate color representation its a pretty sweet shot. looks good as a thumbnail and aperture choice really separates the foreground game from all else

Camera SoftwareCapture One 9.3 Windows
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>2973418

yup that magenta appears when underexposed, which that shot clearly is. it was like 7:45pm, so just the last residual light around. its grainy and heavily tinted but i like it.
>>
File: CHESS2.jpg (957KB, 1230x971px) Image search: [Google]
CHESS2.jpg
957KB, 1230x971px
>>2973413

less suspense, but the suit guy was dapper as fuck.

Horizontal Resolution3200 dpi
Vertical Resolution3200 dpi
Image Created2016:11:28 01:10:48
Image Width1230
Image Height971
>>
>>2973421
have you tried a color correction? just asking what film is it
>>
>>2973444

margin for action is very narrow, and i like it already so its staying that way. film is pro gold 160 expired 1997 i think.
>>
>>2973188
It's a lot easier to see which shots are keepers from a 1500x1000px image than from a fucking negative dipshit. Also when it only costs an extra $2 for a CD scan I might as well do it.
>>
>>2973516
>It only costs an extra $2
A loupe costs £8-10 m8 and you can use it for life. Stop trying to justify your laziness.
>>2973247
kek, more like used condoms and leftover kebabs
>>
>>2973386
you don't
>>
>>2973435
Are these half frame shots?
>>
>>2973542
>loupe
I'm not shooting slide film. A loupe shows you dick on a negative image.
>>
>mfw my mamiya has just left Tokyo
im hard
>>
>>2973552
>memory so lapsed can't remember colours in a scene
>brain so scrambled you can't mentally invert the B/W
Seek help or learn 2 expose.
>>
>>2973559
Sorry, what part of this post explains the practical purpose of a loupe in 2016?
>>
>>2973557
But there are no desirable memeya?
>>
>>2973565
stop ruining my day & life
>>
>>2973516
lol just use the preview scan in Vuescan, why pay the money when you can just choose which images you want when scanning
>>
>>2973564
Sorry, what part of your post explained why you're so fucking lazy?

It's your own money, you can spend it on lo res scans as an "index" all you want. That doesn't stop you from being lazy and thick as a brick.
>>
File: _DSC4813.jpg (163KB, 629x1000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC4813.jpg
163KB, 629x1000px
Tmax 100 developed in rodinal 1:50 for 25 min.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareCapture One 8 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Horizontal Resolution118 dpcm
Vertical Resolution118 dpcm
Image Created2016:11:28 08:42:27
Image Created2016:11:28 08:42:27
Exposure Time0.8 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness-6.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Image Width629
Image Height1000
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessSoft
>>
I have about 1500 for a LF or MF kit for exhibition sized work (50"x60" or less). I currently use a Rolleiflex 2.8D and have trouble going beyond 24"x24" sometimes.

I plan to use the Rolleiflex still but would like something for when I have more time to setup. I do a mixture of documentary portrait and landscape. My main reason is being able to tilt for landscape as I generally shoot low and can't get close to infinity focus on the rolleiflex without losing detail across the image.

I've considered the GX680 but I'm not sure about the max print size from 6x8, even if I'm able to avoid diffraction from tilt. However this plays into my other concern. I'm usually swimming in 120 film so having to invest in sheet film will be a part of the cost. Im set on Portra for my work so I know I won't be squeezing out as much resolution as some lenses are capable of. That being said is the difference between 6x8 and 4x5 as noticeable with color negative vs BW?
>>
File: KonicaSTest 33.jpg (767KB, 858x1280px) Image search: [Google]
KonicaSTest 33.jpg
767KB, 858x1280px
>>2973573
Every day I wish I lived in a historical city like that instead of this commieblock and modern architecture hell.
>>
File: twisties (1 of 1).jpg (485KB, 652x1000px) Image search: [Google]
twisties (1 of 1).jpg
485KB, 652x1000px

>>
File: engineblock (1 of 2).jpg (770KB, 646x1000px) Image search: [Google]
engineblock (1 of 2).jpg
770KB, 646x1000px

>>
File: engineblock (2 of 2).jpg (638KB, 653x1000px) Image search: [Google]
engineblock (2 of 2).jpg
638KB, 653x1000px
>>2973589

>>
>>2973579
Vertically, you're going to be working with the same 56mm negative height so you're still going to have issues printing about what your current setup allows on the shortest edge.
Hopefully some shining god of LF will be able to help you with your portra question.
>>
File: 01 (1 of 1).jpg (868KB, 1000x659px) Image search: [Google]
01 (1 of 1).jpg
868KB, 1000x659px
>>2973591

>>
>>2973580
you should move to italy literally every little village is picturesque as fuck
>>
>>2973571
M8, I develop and scan every frame of film I shoot myself. When you DSLR scan, it takes literally a second to produce a better quality scan than can even be achieved by 90's methods. There are even ipon apps that invert your negs in real time to function as a preview, if you're so broke and dumb that you can't scan *all* of the film you shoot.
>>
>>2973591
What is this? Jeep, falcon, landcruiser?
>>
>>2973610
hol' up.
You're responding to the wrong post or at the very least you've misread it entirely. In case you're wondering why you've responded to the wrong post, it's because everything after the first sentence aligns with my views. I'm not against scanning/dslr scanning in any way, in fact I'm PRO-DSLR SCANNING for the simple fact you're fucking doing it yourself, which is in essence the very fucking scientific opposite of being so lazy that you need to have a lab process and scan your shit.

I'm not sure how you managed to achieve this but gg ez, you sure have managed to fuck up.
>>
>>2973580
Hey gloomy eastern bloc bw film anon, do you have any place online where you put up your photos?
>>
>>2973614
No idea, found it in a creekbed in the middle of nowhere. Thought it was interesting that someone would go to all the effort to dispose of it in such a remote location. I'll have a look at the high res scan and see if I can get a serial number or something
>>
>>2973579
>>2973579
LF is a substantial IQ improvement.
But honestly the biggest reason to disregard the GX is the camera itself.
>meme batteries
>meme accessories
>must shot whole roll
>enormous
>heavy
>all this for no LF
Compared to most 4x5 systems, which are dirt cheap, and endlessly versatile, and give superior IQ from cheaper, more common lenses, it should be an obvious choice.
I mean, those EBC Fujinons, sure. But the larger film is always going to deliver a bigger improvement than the sharper lense.
>>
>>2973565

whats is memeya 7 you humongous cocklord.
>>
>>2973647
not as desirable as a memeya six
>>
>>2973542
>used condoms and leftover kebab

So... fomapan 400 at EI1600 in Rodinal.
>>
>>2973647
>those hundreds of memeya lense designs
>that advanced memeya proprietary coating technology
>memeya's dedicated glass manufacturing facility
Oh wait, there are none of those things, because Mamiya is a third party plebcam provider.
Zeiss, Fuji, Pentacks (?! yes pentacks) and Nikon are your actual options for quality MF cams.
>>
>>2973653
>>2973671
>mamiya 7 is an undesirable, and all around, bad camera

uh okay?

make your trolling plausible, faggots.
>>
>>2973671
Confirmed for not ever shooting a Mamiya camera or even medium format. Honestly this fucking gear fag shit is why this board is dead. Kill yourself.
>>
>>2973673
I'm sorry for your wasted money, failtron.
>>
>>2973614
It's a Chrysler Slant 6 from the 70s
>>
File: Industrial_001.jpg (464KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Industrial_001.jpg
464KB, 1000x667px
So Fuji Industrial 100 is actually pretty damn nice. Dunno why some idiot was talking shit on it last /fgt/ thread.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:28 21:39:26
Exposure Time5 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Brightness-6.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: Industrial_005.jpg (481KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
Industrial_005.jpg
481KB, 1000x667px

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:28 22:07:13
Exposure Time5 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Brightness-6.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceTungsten
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2973673
>trolling
What the fuck man? I just think the 6 is desirable while I have like zero % desire for a Mamiya 7.
>>
>>2973693
>>2973694
>mfw i bought 20 rolls of that the other day

seems to have a strong character and to be contrasty, im not too fond of that but still looks like a capable film
>>
>>2973601
Don't know the language, wouldn't get a job there.
>>2973620
A shitty Flickr mostly full of garbage snaps. I don't share it with almost anyone these days, I just post here and occasionally on FB for normie lieks. For the rest I browse my albums at night and cry myself to sleep for living in this garbage dump of a town with no way to escape.
>>
File: Voigt 18.jpg (919KB, 804x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Voigt 18.jpg
919KB, 804x1280px
>>2973693
To me it seems like C200 that's a stop slower for no benefit at all and is more expensive because "lol professional industry film". Or at least that's how it was marketed here for the brief period it was available, before they replaced it with C200 because it probably wasn't selling.

>>
>>2973716
I'm more on board with the translation "business" than "professional" because it isn't really like professional films since it isn't quite low contrast and low saturation like other professional films and on the box it says "この商品は業務用にセットされたもので、単体では販売しておりません" which states the film is packaged in bulk for business use.

I also don't think it's marked up at all, Industrial 100 is probably Fujicolor 100, and FujiColor Superia 100 goes for $2.49 (+ $4.53 shipping) for 12 measly exposures, but a 36 exposure roll of Industrial 100 goes for $3.90. According to Amazon and RangeFinderForum. http://www.rangefinderforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154715 https://www.amazon.com/FujiColor-Superia-Speed-Exposure-Color/dp/B000TXY50Y

I can see why you'd think that though, and it might even be true, since C200 is just Superia without the new cyan layer.

I reckon it's the Sam's Club to Superia's Walmart though.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (1MB, 1890x1512px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
1MB, 1890x1512px
>>2973579
For $250 or less you can get a Graflex 45 of some sort, usually with lens. Get the lens CLA'd if its a craigslist buy, and get some holders and a tripod, and you're still way under $750. I would buy nice holders, fidelity or lisco plastic holders, not wood since they tend to leak more and you can't shoot Infrared with them.

The graflex tilts enough to do scheimpflug outdoors and would just generally be easy to use. I don't really have any opinion on resolving power of the actual film, I have some 5x8 foot prints from 4x5s that look nice. If it's an inkjet image, the image may not hold up due to the software used to enlarge it. I use a rip software called ImagePrint, massive images and updated ICCs.

Shooting 10 sheets of Portra would be ~$60 after processing so you're looking at $6 an image. And scanning can be done on a flat bed with very acceptable results because the negative is literally massive.

Just don't do the GX those things aren't meant to be used for anything outside of a studio, motherfuckers weigh more than my deardorff.

Pic unrelated unless you wanna shoot handheld 8x10.

Image Width1512
Image Height2016
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:28 11:27:28
Image Width1890
Image Height1512
>>
>>2973750
They were selling it here labeled as professional film for product images and such for 7e a pop, which is around as much as Portra 160. Meanwhile C200 costs 3e a roll. I shoot C200 a lot and I can safely say it outperforms Industrial 100 in everything, so I wouldn't buy it even if they were in the same price class.
>>
>>2973759
>handheld 8x10
Good lord. Digifag here just lurking, but this peaked my interest. Isn't LF, especially 8x10, a slow and tedious process of shooting? Like having to meter, load film, focus etc would be so fucked. I'm guessing this is just a modern experiment built for ""fun"", or did they actually shoot handheld back in the day aswell? Do you have an sample images with it? Sorry for all the questions
>>
>>2973781
just got it in the mail today. It's massive and weird as fuck. basically its a box to put a holder in the back with the film and helicoid focussing ring with a lens. It's easiest to use hyper focal distances. This is relatively new ~10 years, although the hobo 810 and some handholdable aerial cameras have existed for a while.

Traditionally speaking, this would've been impossible, but with higher film speeds and better shutters, it is an option. I still plan to use it mainly on tripod but just the fact that it doesn't fold up allows for a vast increase in speed and usability.

Google fotoman 810ps
>>
File: shat.jpg (1MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
shat.jpg
1MB, 3072x2048px
hey /fgt/s, I guess I should've posted here in the first place but I ended up making a thread asking the question, some good answers would be appreciated

some tasty snapshits within as well

>>>2973167

>>2973693
ordered a roll just for kicks, one visit to /p/ and I want to shoot film again after a long hiatus who knew

>>
>>2973795
>Google fotoman 810ps
lol this thing looks goofy as fuck, in a pleasing and good way though. From your pic I thought it'd be just a flat box.

Cheers for the response
>>
File: Cables-Yot.jpg (854KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cables-Yot.jpg
854KB, 667x1000px
Some snapshits.
>>
>>2973818
I really don't like the orange object and as far as I can tell these are my only other options.
>>
>>2973818
>>2973824
kys senpai. no offense.
>>
File: Box-of-boxes.jpg (999KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
Box-of-boxes.jpg
999KB, 1080x810px
Saw a box of boxes, had to. It's a box of boxes! Love it. That's a box of boxes. Wow.

Honestly I thought it would turn out more pleasing, I really should have stuck my hand in their van and ordered it a little.

>>2973826
I didn't call it a snapshit for nothing, mostly I just like the color.
>>
File: Jabroni-sighted.jpg (973KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Jabroni-sighted.jpg
973KB, 800x1000px
Thinking back on it and deciding why I took the photos so I can refine my decision making.

Definitely the colors, and the things. This van is someone's livelihood. A photo of the whole thing would convey the latter better since you can see all the tools they use and depend on crammed into one little van. I think it's neat, compressing such a large section of someone's life into a single box.

I gotta get more conceptual huh. One day.
>>
File: Supplies-Yot.jpg (779KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Supplies-Yot.jpg
779KB, 667x1000px
>>2973834
Side door.
>>
>>2973795
But how big is the helicoid? Does it give you focusing from Infinity right down to 47 metres?
>>
>>2973591
>>2973614
>>2973682
Definitely not a Chrysler slant 6. The fuel pump mounting boss in the center of the left side of the engine makes this a Ford 144/170/200/250 c.i.d.
>>
So, was Superia discontinued? I bought the last of the stock at the Walgreens by my house, and now they're selling Kodak Gold.
>>
>>2974007
film is dying
>>
>>2974013

That doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>2974016
film is dead
>>
>>2974018

That doesn't answer my question.
>>
>>2974020
yes it has been discontinued
>>
>>2974021

Thank you.
>>
>>2973907
the helicoid on the 120 focuses to 2.5 meters, approximately 8 feet, with hyperfocal I can pull 6 feet to 20 at f/22. ISO 100 and f/16 would give me 1/125 of a second, I think I can hand hold that, or get down to 1/8th with a monopod. The helicoid sits on top of a cone, so the lens is already at infinity.
>>
I just bought my girlfriend a film camera for her birthday

I don't know too much about photography, but what is the recommended 120 film that is not too expensive?
>>
>>2974036
fuji pro 160NS, fuji Provia 100f or Kodak Tri-X 400
>>
>>2974036
Cheapest 120 film your going to find will be Ilford.
>>
>>2973697
It's definitely got some contrast, but the dynamic range is also great so you have a lot to work with.

>>2973716
>>2973763
Like the other anon said, your shop is just dumb and mistranslating. Crazy they mark it up to 7e. Labeling it as professional and charging 7e/roll makes them sound like a shady business. In Japan a 36exp roll is 360¥... it's the cheapest color c41 film I can buy.
>>
>>2974113
>360¥
Film Is Alive
>>
>>2973795
Did you get that from that dead Nazi collecting /p/rotog's estate sale? He had a bunch of weird handheld LF stuff, I got fucked on all my bids at the last second.
>>
File: IMG_3754.jpg (297KB, 1108x1764px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3754.jpg
297KB, 1108x1764px
Zeiss Ikon

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon MG3600 series
Camera SoftwareIJ Scan Utility
Image Created2016/11/21 12:29:21
Image Width1108
Image Height1764
>>
File: IMG_3755.jpg (315KB, 1760x1120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3755.jpg
315KB, 1760x1120px

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon MG3600 series
Camera SoftwareIJ Scan Utility
Image Width1760
Image Height1120
>>
File: IMG_2843.jpg (974KB, 2342x3122px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2843.jpg
974KB, 2342x3122px
I love seeing big negs blown up.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 6
Camera Software10.0.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)29 mm
Image Created2016:11:29 01:17:48
Exposure Time1/15 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness-2.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length4.15 mm
Image Width2342
Image Height3122
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: compare.jpg (756KB, 900x1229px) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
756KB, 900x1229px
Is there a best practise when scanning images? I just bought a Plustek scanner over Black Friday and have been using the Silverfast software that comes with it.

The top image is the lab scan which was made on a Fuji Frontier. The bottom image is just the default negative scanning settings on Silverfast.

I'm intended to just edit my tiffs straight in Photoshop. Is it best to just scan a flat/neutral image and then soup up the contrast etc. in photoshop or should I be applying all that in the scanner settings?

I've heard people mention Vuescan but what does that do any different than Silvefast?
>>
>>2974254

I like vuecan because you can find profiles for the film or use community made ones. also you should scan to bring out the shadows if you plan to work in post
>>
>>2974262
So I should slightly overexposure my scan? Isn't there that plugin for Photoshop that matches film profiles that's much better though? Colourperfect?
>>
>>2974273

i use silverfast, hated vuescan.

what i do is put some nice and flat preset like the 400nc one then pull back all contrast and pull up all highlights. dont touch exposure or brigth boost or whatever sliders, dont touch temperature either. get a flat scan then work on it.

film presets from scanning software are all crap.
>>
File: TOMATO.jpg (470KB, 992x980px) Image search: [Google]
TOMATO.jpg
470KB, 992x980px

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width15324
Image Height7063
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:11:29 05:35:48
Image Width992
Image Height980
>>
File: dedguy.jpg (3MB, 3027x2075px) Image search: [Google]
dedguy.jpg
3MB, 3027x2075px
>>2973714
hey nigger how about you drop the slav low self esteem meme and just post the goddamn flickr link. Your scant uploads indicate a level of discipline in composition (or solid editing, at least) that makes me curious for seeing it excercised in the environment you moan about so much. Since we share it I wanna see how you view it via your works. Or some shit. Just post link and stop being an insecure faget.
>>
File: TOMATO2.jpg (488KB, 1200x1233px) Image search: [Google]
TOMATO2.jpg
488KB, 1200x1233px
>>2974281

liked this one better.

Equipment MakeEPSON
Camera ModelGT-X770
Image Width7558
Image Height7063
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:11:29 06:09:47
Image Width1200
Image Height1233
>>
>not using epson scan
wtf bois
>>
>>2974144
woah hahah wait in like Montana or somewhere? It was an auction like two weeks ago. I didn't look for anything besides camera stuff, was there nazi stuff too?
Somebody sniped like half my stuff because the auction ended at like 2 am EST.
>>
>>2974493

sniping on ebay is cool as fuck. exciting lol.
>>
>>2974296
>Your scant uploads indicate a level of discipline in composition
You can almost hear the fedora being tipped.
>>
>>2974296
Why not post your email instead so I can send it to you?
>>
Are there any torrents/cracks of Colorperfect?

I found a torrent of Vuescan but Colorperfect is nigh on impossible to find. Do I really need it?
>>
File: yashicataf.jpg (56KB, 1000x664px) Image search: [Google]
yashicataf.jpg
56KB, 1000x664px
Already posted this on the point and shoot thread.

Paid 2 € for these together.
>>
>>2974680
reee
>>
I'm thinking of buying one of those light-pad things so that I can use a DSLR to scan my negatives.

I don't have a film holder from a scanner or anything though. Can I just put the film on the light pad under a piece of glass or something to keep it flat? Or will this do Bad Things?
>>
>>2974622
sure totally verifiable poster. what could go wrong
>>2974565
m'lady
>>
>>2974493
Yeah the one that was on some 3rd party auction site? The dude also had a bunch of Nazi memorabilia, helmets, banners, flags, posters. He had a few WWII photo books that were going for weirdly high prices especially the ones of Adolf. I looked into him after that and apparently he got t-boned by a car while on his bike.
>>
>>2974680
And? You want a medal?
>>2974702
I'm totally verifiable 100% legit.
It's safer for you to post your email address
>m'lady
Shut up Zylbrad.
>>2974678
No.
>>
any good youtube videos of developing film walkthrough? art of photography guy seems pretty legit
>>
>>2974764
also where are you buying your chemicals? everything says store pick up on bandh
>>
>>2974770
i get mine on amazon
>>
what is a decent camera for under $150 ?
>>
File: mr puff.jpg (1MB, 1200x947px) Image search: [Google]
mr puff.jpg
1MB, 1200x947px
>>2974716
Holy shit I just doubled checked yeah same dude. Weird. I spoke to the auction site to clarify shipping info and they mentioned he had lived elsewhere and recently moved to that part of Montana.

Picture from Halloween Parade, NYC. 400NC portra expired. 4x5.

Image Created2016:11:29 22:16:12
Image Width1200
Image Height947
>>
>>2974798
get a half frame like the pen f and save money shooting
>>
>>2974798
k1000
>>
>>2974808
lol some back country guy must've thought it'd be fun to run over the new guy on his bike
>>
What's the absolutely cheapest tank+spiral for 35mm i can buy?
I brought a D-76 kit on the black friday but i still need that
>>
>>2974846
Some plastic shit, probably. Don't buy that though, just buy a stainless tank and a Hewes reel. It's pretty expensive for what it is but it'll last you forever and save you a whole lot of fumbling around in the dark.
>>
>>2974854
How much would that shit cost me?
I want the plastic shit dude, i'm on a budget. Film is already too expensive here.
>>
>>2974798
F2
>>
>>2974855
Stainless
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/714526-REG/Hewes_EKC009_35mm_Stainless_Steel_Developing.html
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/122982-REG/Samigon_ESA345_Stainless_Steel_Tank_with.html

Plastic
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886586-REG/Paterson_Universal_Tank_with_Two.html

Plastic is easier if you have no idea what you're doing. Stainless is easy once you've practiced a couple of times and less likely to break or jam. Wash off chemical residue when you're done developing and make sure everything is totally dry the next time you use it or you're going to suffer.
>>
>>2974857
>60 dollarinos for a spiral and a tank
i'm sticking with plastic, i'm already going to wait a couple of months before it arrives in brazil anyways
by the way, how am i supposed to store the chemicals? refrigerator like film?
>>
>>2974819
Kek

>>2974825
Meme

>>2974856
This
>>
File: IMG_9119.jpg (240KB, 1178x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9119.jpg
240KB, 1178x800px
>>2974856
>spelling F-1 wrong
lol

Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Width1178
Image Height800
>>
>>2974007
bartells drugs and walgreens has only ever sold gold around me
>>
>>2973828
I agree, I like the colors
>>
>>2974860
Developer concentrates (rodinal and hc-110 mainly) are fine at room temperature, i.e. 20-24 degrees C. Same for working-strength fixer, stop, and four-bath C41. Powders can be stored at any temperature so there's no point to freezing them, same for C41 concentrates and starter.
>>
>>2973435
This is a real nice photo but yeah, you've got a lot of magenta there.
>>
Im having a small light flare(?) in my Pentax 6x7, in the same corner in every photo. I accidentally pushed the curtain cloth the other day, managed to get it running normally afterwards, but this is happening now. Looks like a ligh leak but it isnt happening in a corner but towards the center of the frame, could the cloth thing be involved? It seems to be looking fairly ok, cant see any difference at what it looked before.
>>
>>2974982
Post an example
>>
>>2974982
Light seals probably need replacing
>>
>>2974986
Ok
>>2975001
Never had that problem until yesterday. The only thing that could be doing harm is that as i said i pushed lightly the cloth into the body, which deformed it, but it was easily fixed by just cocking the shutter.
>>
File: KAPPAROT 1.jpg (733KB, 1200x496px) Image search: [Google]
KAPPAROT 1.jpg
733KB, 1200x496px
Here are a few NYC shots I've done with a widelux lately. Three from South Williamsburg during the Jewish Kapparot and one random one.

Image Created2016:11:30 09:45:28
Image Width1200
Image Height496
>>
File: WIDE kapparot 2.jpg (550KB, 1200x487px) Image search: [Google]
WIDE kapparot 2.jpg
550KB, 1200x487px
>>2975047

Image Created2016:11:30 09:42:06
Image Width1200
Image Height487
>>
File: KAPPAROT 3.jpg (371KB, 1200x488px) Image search: [Google]
KAPPAROT 3.jpg
371KB, 1200x488px
>>2975050
whoops forgot to mention image two shows a locally traditional Sukkah.

This third image is of the inside of a lobby to a metal reclamation business.

My widelux gets pretty bad banding at 1/15 of a second.

Image Created2016:11:30 09:51:10
Image Width1200
Image Height488
>>
File: all of the grains.jpg (1MB, 1200x729px) Image search: [Google]
all of the grains.jpg
1MB, 1200x729px
>>2975051
How is Portra 800 considered usable in 35mm? I get the worst grain.

Image Created2016:11:30 11:55:39
Image Width1200
Image Height729
>>
File: SUNSET ON KENMARE.jpg (956KB, 1200x722px) Image search: [Google]
SUNSET ON KENMARE.jpg
956KB, 1200x722px
>>2975107
porta 400

Image Created2016:11:30 11:59:51
Image Width1200
Image Height722
>>
I've been shooting film for a little over a year, after getting my hands on a Zorki-6 and a Jupiter-8 50/2. So far I've been using pleb tier films like Kodak Colorplus 200 and Fujicolor C200. Not bad but I'm looking to try some different, possibly better films.

I'm considering buying a couple rolls of HP5 or Tri-X for B&W. Any other recommendations for both B&W and color?
>>
>>2975119
Which city is this?
>>
>>2975107

loool the grain is a compromise you accept when you get dark or night time shots. shooting 800asa daylight is super silly.

>>2975430
try slide film my dude. if you like landscapes, sunsets, vivid greens and reds, velvia is your poison. try any slide film in fact, and develop it properly , not that xpro poorfaggotry. you will be blown away. maybe you should consider upgrading that old ass zorki, you have been using consumer films and its no big deal, but pro films like slides, portra and others have lots of resolution and fine detail so you might want to get the most out of them.
>>
>>2975449
>maybe you should consider upgrading that old ass zorki

Lol
>>
>>2975447
Delancey and Norfolk in Manhattan at the foot of the Williamsburg bridge. Kenmare becomes Delancy after Bowery.

>>2975449
Yeah but I see a lot of images with a hell of a lot less grain than my scans for P800, just seems over the top.
>>
File: JFI15 22.jpg (1MB, 1440x986px) Image search: [Google]
JFI15 22.jpg
1MB, 1440x986px
>>2975107
You're not supposed to use it in daylight on static things you tard. Also you probably fucked up the exposure somehow because I've never seen it that bad. Pic related is P800.

>>
>>2975107
is that just unnecessary sharpening from the lab scanner?

Also the new Portra 400 at 800 will be better, even without pushing in dev
>>
File: 31045772945_eeebc8df67_o.jpg (4MB, 3130x2075px) Image search: [Google]
31045772945_eeebc8df67_o.jpg
4MB, 3130x2075px
bringing my minolta to a keith ape concert was a mistake

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:11:16 14:35:13
>>
>>2975430
fp4 for bw and ektar for color
>>
>>2975488
neat shot m8.
>>
>>2975430
When in doubt, Portra. When you feel you know what you're doing, Provia.

Avoid Ektar.
>>
>>2975633
Thanks, panning it was just blind luck though. I just regret having picked Portra 800 over 400, the extra stop was completely unnecessary and I got more grain than I wanted. I wish we had more airshows around here so I could get more practice.
>>
>>2975580
>menelta
Found the real mistake.
>>
>>2973303
>>2973284
Bought a cheap one with a "broken light meter", but the light meter works fine, the seller just didn't know how it works. Awesome.
>>
How do you guys carry your film compacts? Neck, wrist, shoulder strap? I carry mine in hand.
>>
>>2975696
stuck to my brass knucks
>>
>>2972435
no
>>
>>2973834
>>2973835

Shut the fuck up and get your head out of your ass
>>
>>2975826
Nah, I'm going to think about photos beyond the base aesthetic instead of being a philistine that gets mad at the hint of higher thinking.
>>
Imterested in getting into film photography, what do you guys believe is necessary for a beginner, I have no real clue as to what is, sadly
>>
>>2975883
The ability to use google and retain information. Money. Arms, with fully functional hands. Eyeballs, ditto. Basic understanding of simple concepts. A brain. More money. But mostly google.
>>
File: IMG_20161201_145817318.jpg (228KB, 960x767px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161201_145817318.jpg
228KB, 960x767px
>>2971143
Gonna to be going to a Japanese supermarket on Saturday.
Shooting nothing but 120 and Instax film from a Holga GTLR.
This might be by far the cheapest way to shoot medium format film.
without busting your balls
>$3 bag
>$3 120 film
>$3 Instax film
>$25 Holga
>Free Holga Back
>developing is free since I'm doing it.
>scanning is free too, just use a DSLR

What do you think, feel free to criticize the shit outta me /p/?
>>
>>2975905
where did you get instax so cheap?
>>
File: 2.jpg (470KB, 1600x999px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
470KB, 1600x999px
>>2975905
Be sure to post your photos here or link wherever you upload them to when you're done!
>>
>>2975905
>Holga
>not some cheap ass Nettar that at least takes decent photos
>>
>>2975910
there was an eBay sale, a seller was giving away 10 packs for 85 bucks.
I bought 3 since they were going away super fast.
He also told me only, ill give you 5 packs that I have left.
For only 3 bucks each.
I said fuck yea, I'll take that offer.
>>
>>2975915
I will post them on my Flickr and give you the link.
>>
>>2975917
Yea, this Holga goes for 68 bucks now.
However, I won a good a bid and got it fresh
Yea it won't bring the greatest 120 pictures
But I'll still bring very interesting one either way in the end.
>>
>>2975919
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o
>>
>>2975905
did you get the 120 film also on ebay?
>>
>>2974869
uhhh
that's not a Nikon™ F2AS
>>
>>2975430
If you want to get a quite different experience try slide film or CineStill
>>
I want to sell my polaroid & impossible film packs to get an instax
nah or yah
>>
>>2975905
>developing is free since I'm doing it.
chemicals aren't free
>>
>>2975915
jak tam anonie?
>>
>>2975921
great! if this thread maxes out, post in the inevitable new one.
>>2975956
a jak myślisz
>>
>>2975929
Yes I did
>>
>>2975948
Yeah but not when you use coffee and vitamin C to develop the film. Two things that I didn't need to buy.
>>
>>2975942
Yah, impossibles are pricey
Instax are really cheap
super tiny which can be easily stored in your pocket
There also coming out with new Instax film for more fun.
but if you still want more
then get the Instax wide.
>>
>>2976086
waddabout a tank and spiral
>>
>>2976102
those I also got for free from my dad's old photography kit.
>>
>>2975919
I really regret not buying some packs of instax wide when there were a few sellers selling for $12 AUD a pack
>>
>>2976123
Don't worry, if you could, bookmark the eBay search Instax film and just wait.

Someone will eventually sell them for cheap again.
>>
>>2976137
Will do, cheers.

It's crazy though, there were so many sellers with low prices, and now the lowest is at $19 AUD
>>
File: img015.jpg (2MB, 1500x961px) Image search: [Google]
img015.jpg
2MB, 1500x961px
1/3

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution600 dpi
Vertical Resolution600 dpi
Image Created2016:12:02 00:51:24
>>
File: img014.jpg (787KB, 971x1500px) Image search: [Google]
img014.jpg
787KB, 971x1500px
>>2976219
2/3

Image Created2016:12:02 00:51:24
>>
File: img016.jpg (2MB, 1500x959px) Image search: [Google]
img016.jpg
2MB, 1500x959px
>>2976221
3/3

Image Created2016:12:02 00:51:29
>>
Anyone here shot Portra 800 on 135? Just bought a roll to shoot in Tokyo at night, unsure what to expect
>>
>>2976227
Should of brought natura for late night Tokyo shooting.
>>
>>2976230
It was all my local store had, but I can always buy more when I'm over there. My digital camera shit the bed so I'm gonna be shooting rolls like a madman

I plan on stocking up on some Japan only emulsions like Natura and 400NS while I'm there anyway
>>
File: 1476576161981.jpg (322KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1476576161981.jpg
322KB, 1000x667px
>>2976233
>400NS

I live there and have never seen, nor even heard of the stuff. The only Japan only emulsions I can think of that are still available in stores are Natura and Industrial.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:10:15 22:58:32
Exposure Time1 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness-4.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceCool White Fluorescent
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2976241
My mistake, you probably haven't heard of it because it doesn't exist. I meant Fuji 400h and 160NS
>>
>>2976250
Haha, gotcha. 400H is strangely expensive, not any cheaper than B&H (if you're an Americafag). 160NS is a steal at 5000¥ for a pro-pack of 220 at Yodobashi though. Acros is dirt cheap here.
>>
>>2976233
SUPERIA
PREMIUM
R
E
M
I
U
M
>>
>>2976268
What's the difference between Superia Premium and Superia X-Tra
>>
File: Katsuragi 03.jpg (1MB, 965x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Katsuragi 03.jpg
1MB, 965x1440px
>>2976270
It's a slight overall improvement. Finer grain, better color balance. Great Swiss army knife film, especially since Portra is super expensive in Japan.

>>
>>2976216
I bet you near Christmas there gonna come back, the best time to sell their shit, and if not, then the sale on Christmas might help.

good luck m8.
>>
>>2971200
bring it to a camera shop desu
>>
>>2975905
Change of plan, vitamin c are gone so I'm gonna mail the film to Darkroom and see wassup.
>>
>>2976089
the only thing that's blocking me is that instax looks very clean and sharp while impossible sometimes gives strange effects which I appreciate
I shoot expired film quite often
but on the other hand the price difference is quite big
>>
Finally, finally scored me a Jupiter-8 in glorious Soviet m39 standard. What it lacks in swirl it'll make up for in extreme flare and general low contrast.

My question: will a cheap and cheerful 40.5mm "leica, standard" fluted hood from Stinky Chinky shade this lens well enough to improve contrast?
>>
>>2976441
Well a lens hood will never hurt, so you might as well try it. But a lot of the poor contrast of old lenses comes from their primitive coatings. Or sometimes lack of coatings, for really old stuff.

So it'll probably help a bit, in harsh lighting situations, but don't expect miracles.
>>
>>2976441
Mine also turned out a disappointment with the addition of scratches and fungus marks. I much prefer the Industar 50mm f3.5 actually, wonder if the collapsible one would be even more fun.

I may just get another Jupiter 8 (or 12). I'm sure there are better copies around,
>>
how do you guys process movie film? I saw a couple of movie film in rolls for 35mm for sale.
>>
>>2974007
>>2974021
>>2974024
WTF are you talking about? Superia hasn't been discontinued. Fuji will kill of all of their pro film, both c41 and e6, in all formats before superia in 35mm gets culled. Its their cheapest emulsion to make as its the lowest grade consumer film they offer.
>>
>>2974869
You uh, missed focus on your F-1 there bud.
>>
Hey /p/ros, how do you flatten the film? Also what are some of your post processing techniques?
>>
>>2976603
take off the pink glasses
>>
>>2976631
very large book, several of them stacked and give it time.
A large part of it's in the drying though, those weighted hooked film clips you see actually do a pretty good job at starting it off.
>>
>>2976604
because he actually wants you to look at the red rings and L's
>>
>>2976534
I've got a copy of the collapsible 50mm f/3.5. It's quite good at f/5.6 and peaks at f/8, but it's slow and the aperture dial requires turning the camera over and taking your glove off. Also it's impossible to put any kind of a hood on it. And it'll flare like a right motherfucker, much worse than any of my Industar 50mm f/2.8 copies (zebra, focusing tab, cyrillic red N version, etc.).

I got the Jupiter for bokehporn and shooting EI1600 at 1/25 f/2 = EV3. Doesn't matter if there's fungus at that point (mine hasn't got any), I either get the pic or I get an underexposed blur. However, direct light sources, or even light sources hitting at a steep angle-- low-light is riddled with these.
>>
>>2976603
Dude, stop being such a buzzkill. Bellamy Cunt told me that Fuji(NOT)film are evil!

Gotta keep making rumours every month about another fuji emulsion getting axed or the earth won't spin. Then when something does go, completely ignore that this is less than 1 fucking percent of their current business.
>>
File: received_1212353925520043.jpg (207KB, 2048x1357px) Image search: [Google]
received_1212353925520043.jpg
207KB, 2048x1357px
I took this at my school, if it is from the first roll I've ever shot (i'm a beginer) what do you guys think?
>>
Nikon FM2 + Nikkor 50/1.4 for 200€
I was thinking about F3 myself but this seems pretty good deal. Should I get FM2 instead?
>>
any one else shooting hasselblad?
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.