[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the dumb here or is the D7100 the one who is dumb?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: D7100.jpg (297KB, 1200x1112px) Image search: [Google]
D7100.jpg
297KB, 1200x1112px
I'm using a lens with aperture ring.

Went to F5 and changed to use the aperture ring.

Now in M mode, one dial does nothing at all. While it could change the ISO.

It can't be real, really the dial can't change the ISO without having to hold one button?
Fuck this shit.
>>
>>2970579

You're dumb and fucking things up somehow. you can definitely use the front and rear dials for shutter speed and aperture.
>>
>>2970583
But I want to use the aperture ring for aperture.
One dial for shutter
Another dial for ISO
>>
>>2970579
>really the dial can't change the ISO without having to hold one button?
Why can't you just hold that button? Under what fucked up butt-retarded circumstances do you need direct and easy access to changing the ISO?
>>
>>2970586
Because if there is one dial without use, then why not make things very direct and easy?
>>
>>2970584

Oh, I see what you're saying. I still bet you could do that.

I have it on my D800 and I fucking hate it. Way too easy to change the ISO.
>>
>>2970586
Not OP, but when you have a very big lens you only have one hand free to change ISO.

And the ISO button is too awkwardly placed for one handed operation.
Luckily after a firmware update I could program my movie record button on my D800.
>>
>>2970586
Why would you even try to defend a design so poor as to leave so much as a button or dial inoperable? Hell, any decent camera should allow you to set which dials do what, separately for each shooting mode, change directions, remap all non critical buttons, etc. Having an empty dial due to bad design is disgusting.
>>
File: IMG_7301.jpg (84KB, 620x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7301.jpg
84KB, 620x531px
>>2970579
Blaming your camera...so disgusting

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width620
Image Height531
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
Program the function button as a second iso, faggot
>>
>>2970672
It's only empty for the 2% of people using this camera who are operating a manual lens so big that they can't also reach back for the ISO button with the same hand, stop making a big autistic deal out of nothing. Why the fuck would you need manual ISO control anyway?
>>
>>2971125
I like to get what I pay for.
>>
>>2971163
So you accept that this is an autistic and pedantic complaint about a non-issue.
>>
>>2971171
No, I chose a different camera brand with better design.
>>
>>2971172
So you accept that this is an autistic and pedantic complaint about a non-issue.
>>
>>2970579
Sell the 7100, get an a7, triple dials fully customised.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.