[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bellow Camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 20161123_181917.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_181917.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Hi /p/ I bought this camera like two years ago, without back. Luckily, few days ago, I found a back for it.
I ask for your help because I really don't know anything about this camera. Can I expect to take decent pictures with it ?
Can I change the lens ? Is this one good ?What should I search for ? Can I build (or buy) an adapter for others lenses ?
Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated.

Sorry about my English, Obviously not my native language.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G920F
Camera SoftwareG920FXXU4DPJG
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.9
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:23 18:19:17
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating40
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness3.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDA16LLIC08SM A16LLIL02GM_
>>
File: 20161123_181929.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_181929.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>2970442
another shot

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G920F
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2016:11:23 18:27:46
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness1.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
File: 20161123_181938.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
20161123_181938.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>2970442
the back.

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G920F
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:23 18:27:44
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness1.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Image Width2988
Image Height5312
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
If you're asking these kind of questions you really shouldn't be using this kind of camera OP, with all due respect.
>>
>Can I expect to take decent pictures with it ?
maybe ... if you are a decent photog
>Can I change the lens ?
not easily
>Is this one good ?
sure in 1920
>What should I search for ?
don't know what you mean here
>Can I build (or buy) an adapter for others lenses ?
probably but don't know why you would
>>
>>2970456
I can't say if I'm decent photograph, but I like my analog pictures to be sharp and I had one time a 6x9 camera which was shit. But I think (and hope) this one would be ok.

Btw the lens can be change very easily, it's just a thread... like M39 or M42...

When I asked what should I search for, I meant for the lenses on ebay or else, do those kind of lens has a reference ? Also like m39/LTM , M42, EF-mount ? Those kind of reference ?

And I wonder if I can buy or build an adapter maybe to use others lenses on this camera, don't know if this is a good idea or impossible to do.
>>
>>2970465
not implying that this camera is a 6x9, just saying that I know that size doesn't always mean quality/shap picture.
>>
>>2970452
what do you mean ? I shouldn't want to know things about this camera ?
>>
>>2970465
>I like my analog pictures to be sharp
this will not be the camera for you, you should probably try to find something made after 1970. about all those old cameras are good for are arty, ghostly, ephemeral shit.

>I meant for the lenses on ebay or else, do those kind of lens has a reference ?
no. the shutter mounts were not standard, you could measure it and compare to copal sizes and go from there. but you probably don't have enough bellows to do anything with the camera was designed for the lens it has.

lastly about the bellows, you probably want to fix the holes unless you are looking for that arty, ghostly, ephemeral shit.
>>
>>2970473
Well, I still think that I will like the pictures. And hope/think the pictures will be sharp enough.

Also, What do you mean by fix the holes? the bellow doesn't have any holes, why did you assume there was any ?
>>
File: 1479922162440.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
1479922162440.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>2970477
one right here ... probably one in every corner fold too

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G920F
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:23 16:12:56
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.9
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/1.9
Brightness1.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash
Focal Length4.30 mm
Image Width2988
Image Height5312
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2970576
yeaaaah, that's not a hole. That's a thing fixed outside.
And not, already checked, no holes. Funny how you like REALLY assumed that's this cameras had holes. Did you have a problem with one in the past ?
>>
That's a 4x5 folder, at least it appears to be, I need something on the back for reference but it appears to be 4x5. There's a backplate that attaches to the back of the camera that should have a huge piece of dull looking glass, that's how you focus and that's where the film holder goes. You have to load the film into a film holder in a darkroom. Once the film is in the film holder, emulsion side out, you then open the shutter on the B or T setting and hold it open with a shutter cord or the shutter's internal mechanism (T) focus the image through the ground glass under a dark cloth, once you're satisfied with the composition you then insert the film holder, close the shutter, set your exposure on the shutter and pull the darkslide and expose the film. Replace the darkslide but flip it so you know it has been exposed, one side of the darkslide handle will be dark for unexposed the other side light or unpainted for exposed.

That lens is not bad. Rodenstock 135, sharp when stopped down like most lenses of the time. Compur shutter should be good, all the parts are there for a good LF setup.

Look up how to use a large format camera. There's tutorials online and videos on Youtube The lenses are widely available and will set you back anywhere from 50 USD to 5000 USD or more. Your shutter and lens combo isn't easily removable at least I don't think it is. The lens screws off for cleaning and there's another element behind the shutter. Check the speeds for the shutter and register on Large Format Forum they have a lot more knowledgeable people there who have dealt with this type of camera, only a handful of us including myself have experience with these.

If the lens has fog in it you may want to get it cleaned those old elements usually just unscrew apart and they can be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol and a fine cloth.

Film, you will want to look up freestylephoto.biz they have the film for it if it's 4x5. I think they have 6x9 sheet film too if that's the size.
>>
>>2971911
Thanks !

Actually it's a 9x12cm but it's really close to 4x5... :)
I think 9x12 is kind of our european 4x5...

I tried to remove the combo/shutter lens, but it appears to be quite difficult...
Like I really can turn it, but I can't remove it...

I found a combo Compur(shutter)/Carl Zeiss(lens) on catawiki, but since I don't know how to remove the shutter, maybe I won't but it...

Ok, so Rodenstock 135 isn't that bad. Good :) Can't wait to test it.
>>
>>2971844
For good measure shine a light on the inside of the bellows to check for any pinholes, then patch them up.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.