[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Boring Trip to Somewhere Cold (Day 1)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: IMGP0476.jpg (109KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0476.jpg
109KB, 1280x854px
Dear /p/,

Today was my first day in this boring family trip. Feeling refreshed from yesterday's 16 hour sleepless travel, I went out with my newly purchased Pentax K-1. (Six months worth from my freelancing as a software developer)

Along with my full-frame camera was a Pentax M 50mm f/1.4, Pentax M 28mm f/2.8, and Samyang 14mm f/2.8.

Unfortunately, I had to tag along with my family. They're touristy as tourists can get. Always taking an Uber to these shitty tourist spots where every little detail in the venues seemed staged and inauthentic.

To start off with my photo dump, I'd like to show you the only picture I bothered to export from Lightroom; a cannon in front of an embrasure. I felt that the wall gave this pleasant well-texture frame for the cannon, pointed towards an out-of-focus, non-immersive city.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.2 (Windows)
PhotographerVic Vera
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:11:22 06:19:43
Exposure Time1/400 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
File: IMGP0509.jpg (188KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0509.jpg
188KB, 1280x854px
>>2969070

My family decided to take a quick look inside some shitty store. I decided to stay outside and hope something interesting comes up. Lo and behold, finally!

A fucking dog tied up on a pole without its owner. After spending the rest of the day walking among boring tourists, I finally get something that portrayed everyday life.

I thought it would be a good story to show a dog that seemed totally alone. This would mean no people and no closeup. Looking like a creepy dognapper, I patiently waited until there were no cars and no passer-by that could ruin this story I wanted to create.

And as the last slow assfuck left my frame, I pressed the shutter. To my relief, the dog made a very impressive face. One of concern for his detachment from society. Of course, that lie was just additional padding from the original lie.

The owner soon went back for the dog and life for the dog went on. Maybe he was unaware of it, but he did great service to me. The dog, that is.

Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
PhotographerVic Vera
Image Created2016:11:22 06:20:25
Exposure Time1/60 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2969070
Instead of being an anus on your (paid for) family trip why not enjoy your family and realize that it's not where you go or what camera you have but the love you have for the people your with that make good photos and memories.
>stop being a 20 year old shit
>>
File: IMGP0517.jpg (108KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0517.jpg
108KB, 1280x854px
>>2969074

I've been a good family member. Taking their photos and shit. I'm just fabricating an angsty narrative! Moving on...

Correction on my first blog post, I mean to say it was the only picture from any (active) tourist hot spots.

Although having been relieved by the dog; like a needle user, I needed more. I tried even harder, a couple of fucks waiting for a bus. Observing a few buses gave me an idea to demonstrate motion blur. A dramatic effect to cover up the mundane activities of city life.

I hurriedly brought out my camera, but queasy from attempting to take pictures of strangers. This queasiness worsened as traffic piled up at the background, hindering me from doing as I imagined.

But after a painstaking minute, the opportunity came up. I took the shot and went on my way.

From all the pressure, I forgot to consider where the bus should be in the moment. This may have been the best moment, may have not. It's too late now. Sometimes you have to deal with what you have. Polishing turd?

Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
PhotographerVic Vera
Image Created2016:11:22 07:15:22
Exposure Time1/8 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2969070

I feel sorry for people who experience edinburgh in this manner. Just wander around areas around grassmarket if you're bored. It's the most interesting part of the city's architectural and social history.
>>
>>2969086

what the fuck, are they twins? both look goofy as fuck too.
>>
File: IMGP0551.jpg (153KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0551.jpg
153KB, 1280x854px
>>2969091
Thank you for your sympathies. What should I expect in the Grassmarket? I'm not too keen on shooting architecture/history, but I'll take note of it.

>>2969100
Was supposed to call them tweedle brothers.

Continuing...

The most exciting part of my first day was coming. I've learned of a potential vantage point for shooting cityscapes. I brought my ultra-compact tripod and bulky UWA lens for this.

The two of us went up some hill at night. I wasn't prepared for the chilling weather. The winds there were brutal. At one point, I thought I've developed frostbite on my ear lobes. Still, it was better than feeling empty.

Unfortunately, it wasn't as grand as I thought it could be. The height and distance wasn't enough to show anything impressive. The flat buildings showed little depth or variety. No roads in sight to experiment with either.

But having gone so far and with so little fulfilled, I took a shot and lit a cig, then went on to the next scene.

Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
PhotographerVic Vera
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2016:11:22 07:51:26
Exposure Time30 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length28.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
Did I mistakenly type vicvera.blogspot.com when I meant to type 4chan.org/p/? Where do I unsubscribe from this boring blog?

By the way Edinburgh is a wonderful city, I really enjoyed my trip there. Maybe shove all those tripods and lenses up your ass and take some half decent photos instead.
>>
File: IMGP0557.jpg (99KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0557.jpg
99KB, 1280x854px
>>2969109

One thing I've come to realize: clouds fucking suck when you've got no time. And as my impatient, hypothermic sibling hinted, I had to rush this shot.

It wasn't too easy. I went for bulb mode but my tripod was tripping as winds were literally pushing it. While I was struggling to take a good shot, a couple passed by and went in frame.

Initially, I felt disappointed. But now realized it adds a bit of something in what would have been a bunch of pillars.

This picture was the sharpest from several of my 60+ seconds exposure. After this, I went home feeling sick from the cold. I'll say it again, this was the coldest experience I've ever had. It made me think twice about my dreams of living in a cold place.

This concludes my first actual day in Edinburger. Thank you for reading my blog post, fellow /b/logger!

Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
PhotographerVic Vera
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2016:11:22 07:55:04
Exposure Time34 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length28.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2969112
Hi, how do I make my blog less boring and any suggestions for locations/subjects?
>>
>>2969118
Buy a damn sweater, enjoy your trip, do interesting things, take as many or as few photos as you want, don't look at the photos while you're on vacation.

Then go home, let some time pass, and only then go through your photos and edit them down to a small set of good photos which really encapsulate your trip. Then process those few photos carefully and when you're content with the set post it up on /p/, hopefully without an essay accompanying each photo because the photos will by then be strong enough to convey whatever you wanted to tell us about.
>>
>>2969142
But that's what I plan to do!
>>
>>2969116
>Thank you for reading my blog post, fellow /b/logger!
This is probably a good example of what a Scottish tumblr photoblog should look like:
http://tommygakenwan.tumblr.com/
>>
File: scotposting.jpg (42KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
scotposting.jpg
42KB, 500x377px
>>2969605
Was hoping for more of pic related
>>
>>2969070
>being this much of a spoilt and pretentious cunt
>being this shit at photography
lmao what makes you think you're above tourists? Are you a local? No, therefore you're a tourist just like everyone else.

I'm sure this is just a bait thread though, in which case here's your (you). Now give me that pentacks and kill yourself.
>>
>>2969072
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi57d50pCUw
>>
>>2969109

>What should I expect in the Grassmarket?

Huge arches from streets and buildings built on top of one another. Staircases and closes pointing off everywhere. And hobos drenched in their own piss.
>>
>>2969746
Jelly, bitch?
>>
>>2972100
>Jelly
Kill yourself, reddirt cunt
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.