[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the general attitude on this board so negative? From

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 11

File: B9fkqhXCEAEJioc.jpg (103KB, 600x677px) Image search: [Google]
B9fkqhXCEAEJioc.jpg
103KB, 600x677px
Why is the general attitude on this board so negative?

From unnecessarily sharp criticism that most photos receive (which is often totally unconstructive), to the pervasive brand-whoring, to the just general lack of fun that everyone seems to be having here--I can't quite put my finger on what's wrong with /p/.

It seems like most people here are more interested in making each other feel bad than enjoying photography as an art and a hobby.

What's wrong with /p/? Is anonymous posting just not good for photo boards?
>>
Stick your camera up your funhole gaylord.
>>
>>2967541
I guess some people just don't know how to have fun? Some of the stuff is super fucking autistic like the whole >muh sharpness shit. Maybe it is perceived rivalry for photography positions in the job market? But I would assume most of /p/ has real jobs anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>2967541
>robot royal

that jew knows whats up. i finally have a reason to watch what his movies are like.
>>
>>2967541
Because most people on 4chan are either children or severely unhappy with their lives. If you're a child, you don't know any better and attack others because you're certain you're right and you think it really matters. For the others, it's about making yourself feel better at the expense of others.
>>
>>2967541
im here like two hours ago, i usually go to /mu/, and fuck i thought we were mean.. but i think its the competition in art forms exacerbated with the anonymous thing, i dont know how many of you could say the same things face to face..
>>
Photography is plagued with elitists. They are dicks.
>>
Photography's low barrier of entry means that you have a relatively large population all competing at the same thing, which leads to generally shitty attitudes and bitchiness.

In other words, photography's easy, so people have to compensate with sarcasm.
>>
4 chan in general has become very negative. Even on /g/ everyone gear whores just as bad among brands of computer hardware as if it their internet browsing experience is somehow enhanced by it.
>>
>>2967541
>dat Fuji V2 tho
unfh
>>
>why so negative

It's a photography board, duh
>>
>>2967586
Kek
>>
>>2967541
>Why is the general attitude on this board so negative?
Because we shoot negatives.
>>
>>2967544
>>2967586
>>2967594
This in this ITT
>>
t's not a problem with /p/, it's a porblem with 4chan and the internet in general.

it's easier to shit out mean criticisms than it is to explain why you thought something didn't work. that's why most of the internet has such shitty discussion, people are dumb, lazy, and therefore can't be bothered to form a thoughtful critique so shitting out a few word response for why you do/don't like something is much easier.

and plus, any time you do give a newbie or even a pro some feedback, you either tend to get ignored or the anon gets defensive and attacks you. so you learn to not waste your time and just shitpost instead.
>>
File: mount.jpg (256KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
mount.jpg
256KB, 666x666px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2967574
>photographys easy due to low barrier of entry

No douche, that's what makes it so difficult, and why some of us that know better will shit on you. The easiest section of athletics to get to a competitive level is pole-vault, because it's hard to get started, and the most difficult is the 100m sprint, due to it being available to everyone.

Everyone has a camera now, and everyone is taking photos, and everyone has an interest in "aesthetic" (to the point that this is probably the most definitive art movement in modern history) the margin between someone who's shit and someone who has promise is exceptionally fine.

>>2967541
>criticism
Lucky you getting free advice on how to improve in such a competitive world. Could you be any more ungrateful?
>brand whoring
Why would you care? Do you so readily flip your shit when adverts come on the tv? Chill out faggot, the only reason you would be mad is if you were some sort of unreasonable fan boi.
>lack of fun
I thought taking photos was supposed to be fun? With the lack of different people posting photos it's not surprising you're bored, have you tried taking photos?
>is anon bad for photo boards
Nope, works out great for people who aren't whiney faggots, watch whiplash, if you can't identify with the main 2 characters, go post on reddit and settle into a nice long, slow circle jerk. (or are your photos ignored there as well ;^) )
>>
>>2967599
>anon gets defensive
Then you know you've hit a truth. Keep going.
>>
>>2967623
any pole vaulters you know about who are household names? I would rather be a sprinter, at least I'd have purse snatching as a fallback career
>>
>>2967630
That's the point you dense motherfucker.
We're all trying to be sprinters, if you watched 20 amateur sprinters run individually most people wouldn't be able to tell who was the fastest, it would take someone with a lot of experience, or a stopwatch. Unfortunately there isn't a stopwatch for art.
>>
>>2967623
Nailed it
>>
>>2967599
>any time you do give a newbie or even a pro some feedback, you either tend to get ignored

This tbqh famalam. After spending 20+ minutes going through someone's thread and giving individual critique for each image I'd at least appreciate a response. Critique is best when there's a discussion and although it sounds selfish, not ever having the OP respond is pretty discouraging. It should go something like this:
>Anon1 posts photos with brief explanation of what they are going for
>Anon2 posts critique
>Anon1 responds to the critique
>Anon2 responds to their response
Etc

A thread full of photos and a few critiques that go unresponded to (or maybe got a quick thanks but no follow-up) are boring af and I've kinda given up on giving crit for the most part here.
>>
>>2967599
If a chef served you a shit sandwich, what critique is it possible to give?
>don't serve shit
>this tastes like shit
>why have you served shit
>lrn2tastebuds

The bigger issue is that you don't see your photos as the equivalent of a shit sandwich, but other people do, so you mistake their honesty as unnecessary evil. It's very rare to see someone with a grasp of the basics have their photos ripped on unnecessarily.

Tldr; git gud fagit
>>
>>2967541
Fuck off you millenial, safespace, snowflake faggot.

Why shouldn't your photos be criticised, you wanted to post them here, were you expecting critique or to get your girldick sucked? Were you expecting someone to take time out of their day to give you an in depth analysis on why you suck? Rather than just let you know that you're still bad allowing you to improve via your own education?

There's nothing wrong with p, read the sticky, everything is as it should be and as it has always been, yeh it used to be a bit busier when photography was more in fashion, but nothing else has changed.

The biggest issue is YOU, if this environment doesn't suit you, there will be another forum that will. Just don't be surprised at everyone being disingenuous so they get more praise and attention later. Online communities are on a bell curve of honesty and integrity and p is on the outer edge, it's not meant to suit everyone, it doesn't need to be your safe space.
>>
>>2967541
Because that's how it looks like when you are not on a sheltered social media circle jerk and people have and state opinions.

Getting corrected or even insulted may not be fun, but perhaps there is an element of something to be learned there...
>>
>>2967710
I'm fine with my pictures being criticized but I'd want them criticized by a professional, an old pro who has been in the industry for decades. Not a trumped up greasy 21 year old who got a few bucks under the table for taking a soon-to-be failed actor's headshot.
>>
>>2967712
So you want an experienced professionals full attention and time for free.

And you wonder why you're known as the entitled generation.

If you want my undivided attention, my rates are the same as if i was taking your photos, £150 an hour, double for weekends/evenings. Do you want my bank details and skype and we can get started!
>>
>>2967550
I'll happily call you out for being a shit photographer in person.
>>2967599
The last part is true, but also relies on there not being a character limit attached to posts.
>>
>>2967636
there absolutely is a stopwatch for art and it is instagram likes
with your C&C you are merely offering a poor substitute
>>
>>2967541

t. someone who had their medicore snapshit shit on

Photography in general though tends to be fairly negative or "wow I could do that" at the very least. Don't you know the joke?

How many photographers does it take to change a lightbulb? 99 - 1 to change the bulb and 98 to say they could have done that and better.

That being said /p/ is harsh and it actually has helped a bit. There are a lot of photos I'd look at before I posted on /p/ I'd think "Oh that's a good one" that I think a mediocre so it's raised my bar at least.
>>
>>2967829
>t. someone who had their medicore snapshit shit on

desu people usually like my pictures when I post them, but all I get as a reply is usually "nice" or "I like this/these". When something else gets criticized and I try to get into a conversation with that person, all I get is silence
>>
>>2967833
don't use the RPT, curate your own thread
>>
I don't think it's a problem. /p/ is the one place where I've had my photography shit on, ever. It's valuable and generally honest.
>>
>>2967834
yeah I do, one just died the other day and they all went
>I like your shot/shots
>these are my favorite
>comments about surface technicalities and when asking if people can explain further dead quietness

I still like /p/, but I feel like the conversation was better in the past
>>
>>2967817
>instagram likes are an objective indicator of quality of an image

kekkest of keks.
>>
>>2967837
oh okay you're not wrong there
this board has definitely gone to shit, I thought you were saying it was always that way
>>
>>2967541
Idk man, I usually just act positive and it attracts positive people on these boards, honestly if you can avoid gearfags you'll usually end up fine
>>
>>2967541
Autism.
>unnecessarily sharp criticism
Autism.
>pervasive brand-whoring
Autism.
>general lack of fun
Autism.
>more interested in making each other feel bad than enjoying photography as an art and a hobby
Literally textbook autism.
>What’s wrong with /p/?
Autism.
This place is as high on the spectrum as /mlp/, /cgl/, and /r9k/, we just express it differently than any of those boards do. We're the quite common but all-too-underappreciated extra salty sort of autists.
>>
Whenever I feel like wallowing in self pity, I open a bottle of wine, snap a few pictures of my dick with a Mamiya Sekor 80mm f1.9 (which in case you don't know is the fastest medium format lens in the world) and then shitpost in the gear thread.
>>
>>2967837
Link to your thread boi.
Post proofs
>>
>>2967623
>Do you so readily flip your shit when adverts come on the tv?

any pleb that watches the advert box unironically should be shot in the head.
>>
>>2968017
like I said it died Thursday or Friday
>>
phoneposters ruined 4chan
>>
>>2968032
Luckily there's two ways to find your thread. Post proofs or it didn't happen.
>>
>>2967630
Steve hooker. if your Australian hes a very well known pole vaulter.
>>
>>2967541
It's not just this board, it's photographers in general. Many of us are jaded and kind of cynical, and it gets more apparent the farther you go. I think it's driven by a need to be competitive and one-up people so you can appear better than them, as well as the fact that people come from different backgrounds and have different ideas on what makes an image good or whatever.
>>
>>2967835
Honesty is better than no honesty when you ask for crit, but that doesn't mean everyone who's being honest is right, and I think it's pretty critical to remember that.
>>
In reddit everyone is kissing ass so why don't you go there? I'd prefer to have the immature /p/ crowd tell me everything is shit with the occasional gem of advice. Than the cognitive dissonance of "you're so good because you're trying".
>>
>>2967960
Dude 75 percent of 4chan is autism, boards like /b/ are like 95 percent and /da/ is 100. But generally this whole site is autistic

Except the wallpaper board, they're chill as fuck
>>
>>2967541
Photographers are pretentious af and my theory is that a lot of them feel like they are getting away with making art with no effort so they dress it up with all this "theory" and shit to make it seem more worthwhile or something
>>
>>2967541

Because it does not require the replier to have a good portfolio.
>>
>make flickr account
>start shitting on someones photos instantly
>make 500px account
>make Instagram account
>make a reddit account
>implying you would
;^)
>>
>>2968194
The point is that that occasional gem of advice doesn't exist. 90% of /p/ are hobbyists who are quite insecure about their abilities. They will invariably shit on as many other people's work as possible but when actually asked to show their own photos or give constructive advice they disappear.

How /p/ should go:
>Anon 1: Here's a photo I took.
>Anon 2: I like the concept, but the composition is lazy and you've blown out the upper right section. Try to spend more time choosing your framing and checking exposure.
>Anon 1: Thanks, I always have problems getting the right exposure from my current camera, maybe I should upgrade.
>Anon 2: It's pointless spending more money on gear until you've mastered the basics, good photographers should be able to take great photos on cheap cams.
>Etc.

How /p/ actually goes:
>Anon 1: Here's a photo I took.
>Anon 2: HAHAHAHA YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. This is the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen, bet you took this on an iPhone you fucking abortion of a hipster. Fuck off and don't come back.
>Anon 1: Alright, show me one of your photos or give me some actual criticism.
>Anon 2: Fuck you I don't owe you anything, I'm a pro with exhibitions and books written about me, I'm not going to spoon feed you for free faggot.
>>
>>2972357
I'll take things that never happened for 500.
Why do you need to see the persons portfolio to accept criticism from them though? Valid criticism is valid criticism regardless. The only possible reason for it is so that YOU feel good about your work being better than theirs so you can discard the criticism.
I think the root of the problem is that so many people haven't been to an art school or had a photography teacher and can't handle the bants.
>>
>>2972396

as much as I hate isi that is more or less what happens in her threads, and mine to some small extent, although I attribute that behavior to one or two "anons", I won't mention moopco's or Ricky's name here.
>>
>>2972396
>I'll take things that never happened for 500
I've seen that in multiple threads this week.

>The only possible reason for it is so that YOU feel good about your work being better than theirs so you can discard the criticism
That's just not true though. You're not differentiating between /p/'s definition of criticism and actual criticism. If someone spergs out and tells me how much better they are and I should die etc. I'm completely in the right to call them out on their bullshit. I saw one guy flip his shit about how 'terrible' an anon's edit was without giving reasons, and when I asked him to show his own he refused.

>I think the root of the problem is that so many people haven't been to an art school
>not going to art school
>a problem
>getting a legitimate education instead
>a problem
>>
>>2967541
the job doesn't pay, so people with nothing better to do can pretend to be in charge.
Kind of like fight club. Their day jobs are boring a meaningless, but at night on 4chan, they're gods.
>>
>>2972418
Link those exact posts then m8. Post proofs or it didn't happen.
You should be all for posting proof of things. When you say multiple times in a week, I'm expecting at LEAST once a day.
>>
>>2972460
I can go through each thread in the catalogue and pick them out if you like, or you can do it. Or every time I come across one I can bump this thread with a link.
>>
>>2972472
Whatever floats your boat.
Remember, it needs to have some badmouthing about the gear used and HAHAHA you fucking faggot or similar. Then a post asking for a portfolio and actuacl C&C and then a post where the user states they're a pro and have books published etc. Oh, and make sure not to forget the part where they tell the poster that they won't spoonfeed them.

Looking forward to the mass of posts you're going to mine with this criteria.
>>
>>2972475

>Strawman argument: the post.

>>2967808
>>2967807
>>2967809
>>2959261
>>2958043
>>2957740
>>2954496

here you go, and that's just in my thread alone, though I have to give credit I get a lot more actual constructive criticism than I used to, and if you're reading this and doing that in my threads then thank you.
>>
>>2972502
Sugar people stopped trying to help you years ago when it became clear you're incapable of developing any further.
>>
>>2972509

I would like to think I've improved a bit since I got on the road a year ago.
>>
>>2967541
>negative
It's called constructive, nigger
>>
>>2972502
4 of those are me
>>
>>2972511
You have not. Your camera has.
>>
File: 9ef.png (882KB, 700x1026px) Image search: [Google]
9ef.png
882KB, 700x1026px
>>2972502
see >>2972418 & >>2972357 The criteria were quite clearly defined.

Not only do those posts not meet the criteria but they're in a trip thread rife with e-drama. Feel free to go back through the archives and find posts that meet the criteria specified.
>>
File: mai (1).png (337KB, 533x720px) Image search: [Google]
mai (1).png
337KB, 533x720px
>>2972527
>complaining about the use of a non-/p/hoto in a meta thread
oh baby. I'm sorry I triggered you. I just wanted to make sugar feel better.
>>
>>2972475
>provide an example
>"this example is inaccurate, I cannot find it word-for-word anywhere"
>>
File: Raycist tripgoyim.png (70KB, 1826x263px) Image search: [Google]
Raycist tripgoyim.png
70KB, 1826x263px
>>2972529
Hey boi, I'm not the one that provided all those details related to bad criticism. Those are very specific allegations to claim happen often.
If it really exists then they'll be right there to display in the archives. It's not like the archives only last a week either, the current archive's even been alive long enough to capture this gem.If it's really there then you'll be able to find it and if it's really happening often then there's gotta be several a week.

I don't need to do any legwork to prove that it's there as I'm not the one making the allegation.
>>
>>2972534
>Those are very specific allegations to claim happen often.
You're purposefully misunderstanding my argument for the sake of it.
>>
>>2972539
Then now's the perfect time to explain your argument in an alternative way. This time you could choose your words very carefully and retract your previous comment.
There's really not much to misunderstand in the post at all, so I certainly hope the goalposts could stop being moved around. In both posts, assuming they are both from you their is absolutely no proof given and the claims are completely invalid without it. I am of course only responding to you now just so we can acknowledge this before the inevitable claim of pretending to be retarded is brought up. if this activity is so rampant on the board that it's deserving of it's own meta thread then examples should also be posted.

I can purposefully ask for you to show examples of /p/ giving this feedback using your own criteria that you claim the board actually gives. I get to take this position because I am not the one making these claims. Unless you post proof then why should we listen to you? I mean, you haven't even posted your portfolio! (this last part is clearly sarcasm [WINKYFACE]) ;^)
>>
>>2972544
>their
Opinion invalidated, gonna hop in front of the next and nearest train to me
>>
File: storyteller.jpg (170KB, 520x580px) Image search: [Google]
storyteller.jpg
170KB, 520x580px
>From unnecessarily sharp criticism

This is the softest I have ever seen /p/. I have been on this board, on and off, for maybe 8-9 years. /p/ has lost so many characters that a lot of the comedy has gone. Criticism used to involve really cutting remarks, accusations and belittling comments. I even received death threats on /p/. It was a serious business. Even though it might sound like a nightmare it actually helped. You had to learn, and learn quickly, especially as a trip.

/p/ tore you apart on every level. Any information they could get on you was examined and used against you. I was called a "janitor" for three years because I once admitted to working in an art gallery ( i was actually a curator). If you were black, or eastern european, or female, or tall, or skinny, you were going to get abuse to the max. And for a long time. Many people ragequit from the constant onslaught. You had to learn to let it all slip off like teflon - and take away only the useful criticism.

And /p/ did have its experts, as well as its comedians. I tried to be funny, and i occasionally succeeded (fuck you, I did). People like Bassackwards, Miki, 5hoe, Depressed Cheesecake, AC, AncientPanda, Chewie, NaturePleb, and even RSIM (who is a cunt) were all characters that made the board worth visiting. They were either talented, or funny, or cutting, or simply posted a lot of photos under their trips.

The board lacks that now. No one seems dedicated to it. Theres no one who lasts. No one who makes jokes. It has gone from being an angry dive bar that you liked going to, to being a slightly rowdy coffee shop.

People seem too scared to make joke threads. You are anonymous, you should embrace that, be creative, tell people what you really think of their photographs. When I see a critique that says:

"This photograph is fucking dogshit. You fucked up the horizon, theres cromabs everywhere, and your fucking focus should be on the eye, not the nose you cunt. Give me your gear."

I reminisce.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2013:05:30 18:31:10
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width520
Image Height580
>>
>>2972553
t. local art gallery janitor.
>>
>>2967623
Who in their right mind would identify with Fletcher here
Andrew I get but Fletcher?
>>
>>2972553
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE GET OUT OF MY SAFESPACE
DON'T MAKE FUN OF MY PICTURES
>>
File: 13404239998655jiuf.gif (474KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
13404239998655jiuf.gif
474KB, 220x165px
>>2972556
>>
>>2967541
What is that camera with the BIGASS Aperature on it?
>>
>>2972564

It is probably a Canon rangefinder with 50/0,95.

aperture != entrant pupil != front element
>>
>>2972564
Canon 7 with a 50mm 0.95
>>
>>2972564

ur mom desu.
>>
>>2972567
>aperture != entrant pupil != front element
f/0.95 is still described just find by "BIGASS APERTURE" you stupid argumentative cunt
>>
File: D3S_9124-600.jpg (52KB, 600x709px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_9124-600.jpg
52KB, 600x709px
>>2972592

Why stop there?
This laensas haez BIGASS DOF.
>>
>>2972609
oh you can just shove that right up my boipussy, no lube required.
>>
File: 1321833322712.jpg (68KB, 368x250px) Image search: [Google]
1321833322712.jpg
68KB, 368x250px
>>2972553
>I was called a "janitor" for three years because I once admitted to working in an art gallery ( i was actually a curator).

Given what you post there's no way that it isn't a small subaverage commercial gallery that peddles historically irrelevant kitsch that all looks the same. It's probably one of those places that specializes in landscape photography or genre paintings, makes most of its sales to tourists, and only rosters attractive female artists (if any) no older than 35, 40 at the absolute most. Superficial artworld jerk-offs like you piss me off.

Just not a single glimmer of insight in any of your posts for all your talk about useful criticism. You consistently give solid technical advice but that's not criticism. I would keep trying to belittle you but insults are useless against ignoramuses, like water off a duck's back

Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.5.8
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>2972609
2.8 is reasonably craycray for dat focal length
>>
>>2972632
>Given what you post there's no way that it isn't a small subaverage commercial gallery
Thats moronic reasoning, but carry on...

>It's probably one of those places that specializes in landscape photography or genre paintings
Italian realism starting at £14000 was my last hang, we sold five, despite only having a tip for two - a collector in Prague with an erection for the artist stepped in and stopped us all from having a collective mental breakdown. We spent a lot of time preparing him for the exhibition - he didnt even turn up, just phoned in the purchase.

>makes most of its sales to tourists
Nope, in fact we rarely did little more than acknowledge anyone who didnt have an appointment. People who walk into private galleries are usually either doing research for another gallery or scouting for a collector. Press, guests and PA's always call.

>only rosters attractive female artists
*Literal snigger* yeah okay. The youngest artist we have ever shown to my knowledge was 25 - She was blowing up on the internet with her huge canvases of dots and dashes. After we had a decent show with her she got swept up by a New York Gallery and we never saw her again. I actually lament losing her, but we simply couldn't compete with what she was being offered.

>Superficial artworld jerk-offs like you piss me off.
Aww sweety, you think that something in the "artworld" isnt artificial. Thats cute.

>Just not a single glimmer of insight in any of your posts for all your talk about useful criticism. You consistently give solid technical advice but that's not criticism.
I used to crit a lot more, and i used to put in extensive effort, often replying to every photo on the front page. Thats actually true. I helped people. I dont care as much anymore because its just never ending newbies arriving, trying to find their way. So now I just help with little technical nudges. You cant "belittle" me because you dont know anything. You'll get over it.
>>
File: 1328066742836.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1328066742836.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>2972645

>Thats moronic reasoning, but carry on...
Takes one to know one

>Italian realism starting at £14000... [I'm ellipting the rest of the quote but commenting on it in its entirety]
That's so total utter janitor tier how can you even try to defend yourself like that with a straight face. Commercial gallerists get to be in charge of what overhyped object the next rich buyer hangs on his wall or more likely dumps in a storage vault. Maybe you'd prefer the term "purveyor" or "peddler"... just for a second compare what you do to what curators who work in public venues programming shows for people to see and engage with do. If you don't write catalogue essays, or can't write a catalogue essay without falling back on inoperative (AKA meaningless) jargon, or bullshit failed tropes so hackneyed that they make it fundamentally impossible to distinguish between sincerity and cynicism in your text (tropes which by the way include whatever reheated version of historicism, modernism, and/or aesthetic formalism etc. etc. that they taught you to think with in school, assuming you weren't just educated in business), then you aren't a curator.

>Nope, in fact we rarely did...
That doesn't strengthen the claim that what you are doing at work is, in fact, curating (which clearly i believe involves a creative labour of thought beyond things like market analysis and speculation)

>*Literal snigger* yeah okay...
*Unzips katana* yeah okay say that to my face not online and see what happens

>Aww sweety, you think...
Your first error was thinking that that was what I think. *Teleports behind you* Your second error was crossing me *cuts you down with senfukitatsumaki hissatsuwaza killer move* Also begging the question with equivocal self-suiting interpretations, which I do too but I'm a bit more graceful about it at least
>>
>>2972691
Yes, I have written extensive reviews, catalogues and essays for exhibitions. I have also worked with illustrious public institutions to prepare guided tours for the disabled and children's groups. I have overseen charity auctions for children's hospitals, stage managed theatrical productions for charity, and written reviews for art magazines. Just because I worked with a private gallery doesn't mean I wasn't also involved in helping people or giving people comprehensive experiences. I'm professional when I turn up, you must be the other guy.
>>
>>2967541
I'd rather someone call me a faggot and shit on my mediocre picture than have someone praise me for something completely worthless
>>
>>2972553
>The board lacks that now. No one seems dedicated to it. Theres no one who lasts. No one who makes jokes. It has gone from being an angry dive bar that you liked going to, to being a slightly rowdy coffee shop.
>>2972553
>If you were black, or eastern european, or female, or tall, or skinny, you were going to get abuse to the max
So you think that isi is the greatest trip on the board at this point, and that the controversy in her threads is a return to classical /p/?
>>
>>2972951
>Nothing has changed. Ever read an isi thread? Ever critiqued one?

she gets shit on because her "work" is hot garbage. are you implying it is because of other reasons?
>>
>>2972956
>she gets shit on because her "work" is hot garbage. are you implying it is because of other reasons?
I'm implying that people who immediately disregard isi's work as "hot garbage" probably lack art educations.
>>
>>2972926
That's a good point. Great post anon
>>
>>2972926

thats the healthy attitude that has been lost on this board. i hope more anons get the fact that this mature mindset will help them in the long term (as opposed to short term (you's) that will amount to nothing in the end).
>>
>>2972957
>I'm implying that people who immediately disregard isi's work as "hot garbage" probably lack art educations.

your post didnt imply that, you didnt even mention art or education. be honest, what did you imply?
>>
>>2972972
>your post didnt imply that, you didnt even mention art or education.
I'm not having a conversation with someone who lacks the clarity of mind to follow the context of a conversation.
I'm simply ascertaining the truth and accuracy of Burtgummer's rose-tinted glasses.
>>
>>2972976
>i-i d-dont feel like t-talking anymore ;__;

you even deleted your initial post, you pussy shit. cant hold conversations without rage quitting? dont post then.
>>
>>2972977
>who lacks the clarity of mind to follow the context of a conversation
I deleted it and made another post that was more clear in my question to Burt.
>>
>>2972553
>tried to be funny, and i occasionally succeeded
Even though I know you set up the entire "vanishing pen position" gag, I still commend you for it. It was well thought out and well executed.
>>
maybe u should git gud

u cant git gud if everyone tells u ur already gud
>>
File: tumblr_nfqfa034VI1s6cjyqo2_540.jpg (26KB, 540x358px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfqfa034VI1s6cjyqo2_540.jpg
26KB, 540x358px
Honestly I just come by /p/ every now and then to see if there are photos I could use as a cellphone wallpaper or maybe a desktop wallpaper

Anyone else?

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelEZ Controller
Camera SoftwareEZ Controller 6.11.003 (140225)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3091
Image Height2048
>>
>>2967714
So you want someone to pay you for the time that you spend on 4chan? How w about the time you spend on /b/ fapping to girls with dicks. Do you expect to be compensated for that too?
>>
>>2974187
Government better pay for this dick if I'm here busting nuts day in day out like my time ain't worth shit. Fuck em all man.
>>
>>2972558
Someone that's not a beta faggot and knows they can do better than they present if they stopped being such a little bitch and coming up with excuses.

Every week we have a daisy chain of fags saying portraiture is their passion but they're too shy to talk to people or take their photo.

Fucking pussies, if you're gonna let something as pathetic as fear of talking to a stranger put you off your "passion", then I'd hate to see how unmotivated you are at other shit.

>>2972926
Thanks for being willing to put your pride on the line to improve, we need more of you. Don't be afraid to bite back if you think someone is wrong though, conviction is important too.

>>2972957
Isi, you did a couple of weeks at a for profit art school that accepts everyone. Unfortunately this meant you never progressed past "my work is important, because I'm important, because my family have given me an overinflated sense of ego."

Want some advice? Apply to a proper school and let everyone tear your photos to shreds at every opportunity. Because that's what happens at a good college, you live in fear of crit sessions and every week fewer and fewer people turn up as those that aren't good enough stumble under the pressure.

>>2974187
Traps are more of a hobby than a profession.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.