[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Most Influential Images of All Time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot (12).png (834KB, 1159x776px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (12).png
834KB, 1159x776px
Why did Time include this? Was this to create controversy? Is it showing the change of perspective in photography?

Please, explain it to me.
>>
Sorry, forgot the link
http://100photos.time.com/
>>
>>2967004
> Time
There's your answer. Shit magazine.
>>
>>2967009
just because its an add doesn't mean it isn't a significant photo. the Michael Jordan photo is basically a Nike advertisement.
>>
because its a famous picture, even if it is a rare successful example of something deliberately created to "go viral" rather than a photo which organically became famous.
>>
>>2967004

dunno about that piece of shit photo, but cindy sherman makes my dick diamonds.
>>
>>2967027

Cindy Sherman is overrated.
>>
File: P11516_10.jpg (197KB, 1536x1203px) Image search: [Google]
P11516_10.jpg
197KB, 1536x1203px
>>2967045

t. gay
>>
Because the handheld selfie is a relatively new photographic phenomenon and that photo is one of the more famous ones. It was also one of the first widely circulated celebrity-taken selfie.

It represents a generational shift away from doing things for oneself and own satisfaction to doing things and making decisions to share with others (ie social media's influence).

An easy example that is somewhat plaguing my local mountains recently. 10 years ago the it people you'd run into on the mountain were people out enjoying nature, solitude, and getting away from the city. Fast forward to now, and the parking lots, logging roads, and trails are choked full of people doing these hikes not for the hikes themselves, but for the selfies at the top.
>>
>>2967099
>famous

ou mean (((famous))). its as famous as the drowned kid pic was famous. people dont give a fuck about it and already forgot. if they were to chose a selfie they should have chose the monkey one in the jungle (as fake as it might be).
>>
>>2967004
mixing photojournalism and art photography but not including any commercial photography, how "influential"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.