[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really need some advice guys I left photography school not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I really need some advice guys

I left photography school not too long ago and am now getting my first good commission from a big ngo.
They are asking me to go to 4 countries, 2 whole weeks each from december to april.
I really feal insecure about my pricings.
This ngo has some good money to invest and expect a lot from me.
Am i spergin if i ask around 600€/day ?

They are asking me to do photography and video of the places I get sent to. From portraits to landscape and street shot or aerial footage.

Still I feel like 8400€ for each missions feel too much

am I sperging out ? please, if any of you have experience

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1Ds Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:02:05 16:01:11
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length70.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2966934
>a big ngo
>Am i spergin if i ask around 600€/day ?
Yes, sit down and talk budget with them. You'll need to know which countries, some are more dangerous than others and could effect the price you can ask

You also need to know what they provide, food accommodation etc and what you'll need to pay for yourself.
>>
>>2966942
the first is actually supposed to be in Syria/Irak.
I'm already talking budget with them, but I just don't want to fuck it up and ask too much and dropped.

I'm asking ±600€/day, in it are 200 for production fees and 300 for work. The left 100 for scooting and confronting places I go.

I feel like I should ask for plane tickets, hotel and accommodation in advance of each mission.

They asked full copyright, print/digital and for maybe 1or2 years.

I've looked around in different sites like upgid and stuff to make a copyright budget.

Still I really don't know what is right or wrong
>>
>>2966947
>Syria/Irak.
Have you considered the possibility that they are only asking you because they can't get anyone else?

You will also need to talk seriously about security arrangements.

All your transport and hotels should be organised and paid for by them. You just need to ensure the type of accommodation they provide is satisfactory for someone with a load of expensive camera gear.
>>
>>2967040
I did actually, syria/irak is the only scary zone they are sending me too. Tho the other places are pretty chill.
My real probleme here is with my budget
Its the first time im doing it and i fear rejection from them because of my day fee.
Again this ngo has multiple million in their belonging and should be able to afford it, but as its my first real assignment I really dont know if ots a correct amount
>>
Bump
Need budget advice pls
>>
>>2967157
>My real probleme here is with my budget
No, your real problem is safety. It doesn't matter how much you make if you get your fucking leg blown off.

Honestly, if you're this clueless, it's probably best if you don't go.
>>
You'll need some serious life insurance, which they should pay for.
>>
last bump

I know there are some protogs here
>>
>>2967226
>>2967220
Syria/Irak is one of 4 missions, of course it will have a different budget because it's a hot zone but I'm talking budget, not risks
>>
>>2967512
Ask yourself what you think a monthly salary should be.

For the sake of example I'll choose 5000 thingys per month. So divide 5000 by 30 = 166 thingys per day. Bearing in mind you need to include licensing for 2 years

They provide all transport and accommodation. You can negotiate over meals but I'd try to get them to provide that as well, depends on where you are going.

For Syria/Iraq you want details of security arrangements. I can't tell you how much danger money you should ask for, I personally wouldn't even talk to them for less than US$2000 per day and guarantees to be kept well away from conflict zones. Your mileage might vary
>>
>>2967632
Thanks for your reply
Should the 166 thingys only be my daily fee and should I add the production fee and everything else on top ? Or should 166 thingididos include everything from daily fee to the production and stuff ?
>>
>>2967689
They probably wont understand editing and production.

I would include it in the rate burt stress that it's inclusive of editing and production.

If you have access to a suitable computer while you are there you can edit as you go. It might mean working late into the night but you ain't going to go out partying in Syria I shouldn't think.

What are the other locations if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>2967781
Well Syria/Iraq is probably only going to be Iraq and mostyl near Iran were it seems to be not to bad.
I'm supposed to deliver it for Mid-december so it's going to be rushed.

After that I'm supposed to go to Haiti for 2 weeks and deliver for Mid January. They ask for the same type of work that would be done in middle east, so aerial view of ruins, photo reports of the places they are living, portraits of diverse people and landscapes.
I also need to take photos of the NGO actions there.

Followed by Rep. of Macedonia , weeks and delivered for mid-february/march. This time covering migrant population in movement and also camps and stuff, same type of work.

and the last is in Nigeria/Niger, 2 to 3 weeks and delivered for mid-february/march.

I will also have to make a video of the ngos HQs in Paris, also presenting their missions. That's supposed to be done for April

1 or 2 days of photos and videos for Missino Sociale France, but still a bit far so I don't have any info about that.

1 day for a seminar in Mars

and finnaly 1 or 2 days for corporate portrait of the administrative/executive committee, meetings, staff and some casual working scenes.

That's a lot of stuff to think about and I felt really stressed for the last days, they ask me for a global budget and it's really not easy to put in place, even more when it's your first commissioned work, but i'm still really greatfull for this opportunity
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.