[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get a photography job ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

What are good jobs in photography ?

Where do I find one ?

>Inb4 wedding photographer
>>
Watch those northrup people and basically do exactly that
>>
Photography doesn't pay unless you're really good or you suck a lot of dicks.
>>
Well, what do you mean by "good job"?

You can start your own homegrown company, you can do freelance and do small gigs for publications, you can be lucky and get a short-term job for a company. Of course there are more options, but if you were any good you would know what those are already.

As one of the few people on this board who has actually taken a formal photography course (elective i chose to took, not related to my major) and learned from a professional photographer who actually made a good living out of it and gave good advice/stories, I can tell you this:

Consider your experience. Are you formally taught (MFA, Bachelors, any classes anywhere)? How extensive is your portfolio (preferably your own website and not flickr)? What type of photography do you want to do? Connections, got any? Adobe experience? Do you have a good eye for composition/sequencing?

If any of these questions made you doubt yourself, then you should put down the camera and be a wedding photographer.
>>
>>2964336
But you can always improve on those things you mentioned. Maybe not composition, but the rest is.
And doesn't taking wedding photos pays considerably lot?
>>
>>2964271

or sell your camera
>>
>>2964336
>put down the camera
>be a wedding photographer
>without a camera
>>
>>2966074
You can do wedding photography with an iphone
>>
>>2966080
Good luck finding someone to hire you though.
>>
>>2966096
Just tell them it's the newest iPhone and a DSLR killer.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.