[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob's guide to starting out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Canon-EOS-1300D1.jpg (207KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Canon-EOS-1300D1.jpg
207KB, 1280x853px
I took up Photography as a hobby, but I always just used my phone, but I decided to take it more seriously and invest in my first DSLR + lens. I'm mostly keen on people, astrophotography, and low-light conditions.

Can anyone recommend a good first DSLR and lens that would suit my needs? I've been thinking of pic-related

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 1300D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Elements 14.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:03:11 13:59:21
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length90.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1280
Image Height853
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>astrophotography, and low-light conditions

a good sturdy tripod
>>
>>2963485
>Noob's guide to starting out

Tip #1: read the sticky.
Tip #2: kill yourself.
>>
>>2963485
use the gear thread for gear questions

beyond that, look into some other camera brand than pic related for astro or low-light at the entry level.
>>
Dont listen to these guys. Spend as much money as you can. The more you spend the better the camera and therefore the better your pictures will be. Goodluck!
>>
>>2963578
I often hear this and I would like to make a correction.

Photo quality increases with gear price AS A PERCENTAGE OF YOUR EARNINGS.
>>
>>2963578
>The more you spend the better the camera and therefore the better your pictures will be
A depressingly large number of people actually believe this.
>>
>>2963485
1dx mark ii with 24-70 f2.8 ii and70-200 f2.8 ii.
All you need
>>
>>2963739
Oh you missed out several 600 EX flashguns and a TS-E 17mm f4
>>
File: Nah.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
Nah.gif
2MB, 330x166px
Get something mirrorless
Fuji X pro 1 or something
fuck all the "only post in /gear/" lames
>>
>>2963578
kek'd friendo
>>2963485
But for real, do your research and see what fits your budget. My first DSLR was a D90, which was ~$1000 for the body at the time. I was going to 'just' spend $500 on a D40, but after reading the features the D90 had over the 40 and weighing my options (plus futureproofing it for a bit), the $500 difference was well worth it. It didn't make my pictures 'better' but it did give me more tools to work with.

If you really just want to go off of price, I can't explain it better than these fuckers can.

https://www.dpreview.com/buying-guides

I don't know the """""""""official /p/ position""""""""" on DP review but their reviews are very in-depth. With a camera it's what you want. When I got my first dslr they were still writing fucking 30+ page reviews, and having the time to read through them at my summer job gave me a lot of second-hand understanding of cameras (why spending a few hundred more for a camera with a prism is a good idea, why spending a few hundred more for a camera that has autofocus motors in the body instead of in the lenses is a good idea,).

but if you want to get good at this, do some reading. put the time in.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.